[RR] LtCmdr Sky Blake, "My place is not home."

Deliera Jay

Mar 14, 2017, 3:04:52 PM3/14/17
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Ready Room))

Rahman: Well, in this case, even if it doesn't tell the full story, it's still worth a thousand headaches. And the one you need to worry about is mine. I shouldn't have to tell you that what you do off duty still reflects on the service and all of us.

Blake: They're aware. It has been explained.

Rahman: Good. Then in the future, I expect you to walk away--the first time. Is that clear, gentlemen?

Greyson: Yes, sir.

Rahman: All right then. Lieutenant Greyson, you're dismissed.

::Carter, almost with his head down past his shoulders, made a break for it out of Rahman's office. That left the CO, XO and science officer.::

Rahman: Have a seat, lieutenant. We have more to discuss.

::Both the captain and the science officer took a seat at opposite sides of her desk. Sky, however, just sat down on the couch, watching Desan.::

Rahman: You did check in with Commander Mei'konda before your little escapade, yes?

Desan: ::swallows roughly and nods:: Yes, sir.

Rahman: You also have a medical and counseling check in to complete. It doesn't need to be done all at once during this shoreleave, but it should be completed within the next couple of months.

Desan: Understood, sir.

Rahman: Your transfer request mentions some personal issue involved, but I found it a bit vague. I'd like you to explain further.

Desan: ::blushes:: I had met a man aboard the Kepler and we'd begun...seeing one another. However, he neglected to tell me that he was involved with a young lady. Said young lady was rather upset when she found out. She and one of her friends took it upon themselves to humiliate me as a form of revenge. They hacked into personal files stored on my desktop and found an otherwise innocent picture of myself and my ex-boyfriend, Jacque. They then modified the image into something...rather unseemly. ::gaze drops to his hands:: I was harassed by several members of the crew for months before I finally requested a transfer in hopes of getting away from the stressful situation.

::Sky frowned. Starfleet standards for officer conduct had clearly slipped during their time away in the Shoals.::

Rahman: Response?

Desan: ::clears his throat:: Ah...yes. The straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. The young lady responsible sent multiple threats to my personal inbox that she would send the modified images to my family if I didn't leave the Kepler immediately.

::The Brekkazoid's frown only deepened as she leant forward, chin resting atop her hand. To be on the receiving end of an officer victimized . . . Sky gave a quiet huff, perhaps tinged with a bit of annoyance. The Shoals made and broke officers. With little communication with family and friends outside the Shoals due to the interference, to the long travel times between docks and ports and planets, being on the receiving end of the negative attitude given by colonists, to the harder work conditions when faced with combat or repairs with limited faculties available - it was harsh. Nerves of steel were usually required.

::Great crewmembers became greater. Weaker crewmembers . . . not so much. You did not get far playing as a victim, and went *backwards* if playing a bully.::

Rahman: Response?

Desan: My brother and adopted sister might not have reacted, but my father would have likely disowned me. ::grins wryly:: Ironic the scorn I've received for my half Ornaran heritage when my older brother himself is half Ornaran. I suppose my father blames me in some way for my mother's lapse.

::That hurt to hear, the reminder of the divide between Brekka and Ornara, even in family.::

Rahman: Response?

Desan: ::pauses:: Have you heard of a substance called Felicium?

Rahman: Response?

Blake: It was initially a vaccine to a plague that affected the whole of Ornara. Long story short, Brekkians created felicium, Ornarans were cured . . . Brekkians fail explain that to Ornarans. Cue Starfleet Prime Directive. There's a more potent version here around the Shoals - Veritas has single-handedly decimated the cartels distributing the stuff.

Desan: ::nods:: It's highly addictive. ::pauses:: My mother used the drug while she was carrying me. I was born addicted to it. My mother died from the withdraws shortly after my birth, but I somehow managed to survive them.

::This also hurt to hear. But she wasn't about to apologize for the sins of the father when she herself had nothing to do with it. She shouldn't have to.::

::That being said, her silence was mainly for the captain to take the lead.::

Rahman: Response?

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Executive Officer