[SB] LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Woe is Starfleet."

Deliera Jay

Feb 9, 2017, 9:49:56 AM2/9/17
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Bridge))

Sepek: ::controlling his excitement:: Captain, it seems the warp trail heads to an area where the tetryon fields are more dense and active, but then cuts off. I'm assuming that this area is the shadows?

Blake: Every pirate gang from one end of the Shoals to another that we are *all* blind in there.

Mei’konda: We’re probaably better equipped than most shiips to operaate in the Shadows.  Most shiips don’t haave Starfleet sensors and the combinaation of durability and maneuverability that the Veritas class has.  Still...

Anyone: Response?

Blake: By the time we reach the Shadows, tracking them will be ten times harder. But last time we tried going after them, we had a good idea where one of their haunts was.

Anyone: Response?

Blake: Reports suggest Veritas got called away before the crew could investigate further. I wouldn't personally know - I was on my leave.

Mei’konda: I thiink we should interrogaate the Klingon, as soon as she waakes up.  If she would taalk, she might have all the informaation we need.  Up to date guidance chaarts, information on their fleet’s strength… it’s just a matter of getting it from her.

Rahman: Agreed.

Mei’konda: We could offer her plenty in return.  Supplies, mediciine, a small pre-fabriicated house of her own on one of the colony worlds, or baack in Federation space… I mean, if she’d want any of that.

Blake: Maybe not a house on the colony worlds. Something tells me the Coalition would gladly set us on fire for that.

Anyone: Response?

::Rahman leant forward against the display table.::

Rahman: Continue to prepare the ship and the Falcon for the warp tow. Ensign Sepek, you'll be working with Commander Walker.

Walker: Response?

Sepek: Response?

::The captain then glanced over to Blake, Delano and Mei'konda.::

Rahman: I want you- ::pause:: ...Commanders Blake and Mei'konda to head to sickbay and see if you can get our "guest" to talk.

::Sky rose an eyebrow. As much as Rahman might hate to admit it, but the correction was obvious. There was a story there.

::And it seemed to concern Delano. Mei'konda and Rahman's latest buddy.

::Not exactly the most comforting reaction Rahman could have had to something such as this. The Brekkazoid had some file reading to do.::

Blake: We're bribing her?

Mei'konda: Response?

Rahman: Feel free to offer incentives for her, but . . . don't be afraid to use the stick with the carrot.

Mei'konda: Response?

Blake: We'll see.

Rahman: Let's get some answers. Dismissed.

::She didn't intend to hang around, as much as she wanted to question Rahman about whatever that was just then. She'd had taken enough time of the Captain's already.

::Instead, their newest officer could provide answers.::

::As she followed Mei'konda to the turbolift, standing next to him as the order was given to head to Sick Bay, she weighed his expression - a difficult task, given that Caitians had different facial structures to other humanoids.::

Blake: Your relationship with Delano - not just professional, I take it?

Mei'konda: Response?

Blake: Delano is a Vulcan I know next to nothing about, aside from what he himself has spoken, and what Captain Rahman has told me - he is practically the reason she is here. Yet I wonder why Carrero or Zhou were not told of his presence.

Mei'konda: Response?

Blake: My concern is not with Delano. ::She crossed her arms.:: Unless Zhou neglected to mention it to me - which I admit, may be the case - Federation Security and Starfleet failed to report to us an MIA operative in our area. Delano is here to assist us now - every little bit helps. But the big-wig Admiral behind the desk being an ass act from our superiors is starting to get a little old. We're supposed to be working together, yet the delayed data stream seems to be excuse enough for them to omit useful information.

Mei'konda: Response?

Blake: Had Veritas been informed of Delano's torpedo discovery, we may have been able to act, being that it's our job to do so. ::She sighed.:: It frustrates me that I don't remember a time where Starfleet overall was helpful. Our work here may have been more successful if we didn't encounter their stalling every step of the way. Even the Marshals are more forthcoming.

Mei'konda: Response?

((Sick Bay))

::When she strode into the familiar area, she glanced at the Klingon patient before addressing Blueheart.::

Blake: How is our new associate?

Blueheart: Response?

Mei'konda: Response?

Tbc . . .