Commander Mei'konda - New Old Memories

Mei'konda

Aug 15, 2018, 3:15:54 PM8/15/18
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas

(( Guest Quarters, Star Station Esperance ))

:: Commander Mei’konda Delano gazed in mild confusion at the brown-haired, humanlike man he’d just let into the room he was staying in.  The agent had declined to identify himself by name, but he had credentials that Mei’konda had scanned, and everything appeared legitimate. ::

:: A temporal agent had decided to pay him a visit, and Mei’konda had no idea why.  Seated on the couch in the living area of the guest quarters he’d been assigned for the day’s wait between their arrival at the station on Slipstream transport and their departure to the Veritas aboard the Ferdinand, Mei’konda rested both hands on his knees. ::

Mei’konda: I’m sorry.  Memories?

Agent: Yes.  For security reasons, they were locked away in a version of yourself from 2390.  We couldn’t let a fresh-faced Ensign with knowledge of the future serve on a Starship with telepathic races, you understand.

:: Mei’konda nodded slowly in response.  It was a little overwhelming on an emotional level - but the Caitian was nothing if not an expert in Starfleet regulations.  What the agent was saying was true. ::

Mei’konda: Yes, I do.  So. What’s the proceedure for reversiing this, and… what should I do after?

:: The agent glanced down toward the tool kit he’d brought with him.  It wasn’t a model Mei’konda was familiar with, though as he opened it up, some of the devices inside looked like modified versions of standard medical hardware. ::

Agent: It will be painless, and you’ll be conscious for it.  Once you have these memories again, you may discuss it with Captain Rahman.  When you get back to your ship, your crew will be aware of them as well.

:: Their crew?  The Captain? Mei’konda paused for a moment, then nodded slightly.  There was really only one way to get answers here. ::

Mei’konda: Very well.  I’m ready.

:: The agent nodded, and rose to his feet so that he could move closer to the Caitian.  He began a scan, and Mei’konda held still. He didn’t feel anything. ::

:: At least, until he did.  Furrowing his brow, the Caitian started having feelings.  Confusion, bewilderment. Nervousness. The feelings started to be accompanied by their associated memories moments later.  The Mercury.  Then, the Yang Liwei.  An accident in space, and an arrival on the Veritas.  With his crew, from -this- year. ::

:: Weeks spent working with a largely unfamiliar crew, far in the past.  The Borg. Omega molecules, a concept until just this moment, he’d been entirely unfamiliar with.  He had a feeling of when it was done, when the agent leaned back. Mei’konda let himself slump back into the couch cushions. ::

Agent: How do you feel, Commander?

:: Mei’konda paused, then nodded slowly. ::

Mei’konda: I’m… I’m all right.  I thiink I understaand, now.

:: The agent offered him a thin-lipped smile.  He folded up his medical case. ::

Agent: Very well, Commander.  See a physician if you have any unusual symptoms, but everything went well.  I trust you understand that the memories you’ve just had restored involve a mission classified at level ten.

Mei’konda: The first level ten informaation I’ve ever had.  I’ll take it very seriously, Agent.

:: The human-like man nodded simply, then rose to his feet.  Mei’konda gazed up at him and cocked his head. He looked vaguely familiar.  As if picking up on the fact that Mei’konda was trying to recognize him, the agent quickly turned toward the door, and spoke one more time over his shoulder. ::

Agent: Good luck in the next few years, Commander.

:: And then, he was out into the corridor, leaving Mei’konda to process what had just happened. ::

Commander Mei’konda Delano

First Officer

USS Veritas

M239002M10