[V-CRR] Dr. Timothy Alentonis: Not A Daily Occurance

Chythar Skyfire

May 24, 2018, 3:28:40 AM5/24/18
to Veritas IC

OOC: I’ll backsim the conversation in the workshop as needed.

(( Bridge / Captain’s Ready Room, USS Veritas ))

:: It had been a very long few days for Tim. Since he boarded, he had been up to his neck in Romulans. Well, metaphorically speaking. They were decrypting logs, they were analyzing the weird metal box, they were analyzing artifacts, and now, he had received a communique from the ship’s captain, of all people. Receiving a comm badge from the quartermaster so he could at least be tracked on the ship didn’t seem so weird as there were obviously places he wasn’t allowed to go. However, socializing with ship captains wasn’t something he did every day. Nervously, he ran a hand through his hair and pressed the chime. ::

::The door chime interrupted the conversation, and in walked their visiting archaeologist.::

Rahman: Ah, Dr. Alentonis. Please come in.

Alentonis: Thank you, captain. :: He gave a nod of greeting toward the Caitian. :: Commander. :: Then took up the unoccupied chair opposite the captain’s desk. :: You wanted to see me?

Mei’konda: Response

Rahman: Commander Mei’konda and I were just discussing the recent excitement we’ve had during the discovery of this lost Romulan colony. Speaking of which, we could use your expertise on cataloging the structures and other artifacts that remain on the planet.

:: Granted, this still seemed a bit odd. Not only because he was socializing for the second time in a month aboard a starship (of which, he still wasn’t fond of starships) but specifically with the captain and first officer of the vessel. He had a sneaking suspicion he knew what it was about, but still, he wasn’t entirely sure. ::

Alentonis: Of course, captain. My services are at your disposal for as long as you need them.

Mei’konda: Response

::She placed down her coffee mug and interlocked her fingers as she rested the base of her palms on the desk.::

Rahman: Would you be interested in staying aboard for a bit?

:: Unexpected, but only a little. He knew where this was going, or at least...he thought he did. Perhaps he should leave fortune telling to the Chinese cookies he enjoyed so much. The thought blindsighted him for a moment. oO It’s a starship, Tim. You hate starships. Oo He blanked the negative thought from his mind and took a breath, wanting to ask a single question before he agreed. ::

Alentonis: In a civilian capacity, or a science recruit? Granted, I have no idea how Starfleet handles their enlisted personnel...but I would like to help.

Mei’konda: Response

Rahman: Response

Alentonis: Of course. :: He paused thoughtfully. :: Water will be fine.  I can start by telling you a bit about my progress, since I haven’t had a chance to fully brief the commander since then.

Mei’konda: Response

Rahman: Response

:: This had the makings of a long day written all over it, and he thought it best to get some water before he began. Then again, he wasn’t feeling as queasy about this being a starship assignment as he had when he first boarded, as he didn’t really notice the vibrations beneath his feet due to being absorbed in his work. ::

Alentonis: Well, I’ll begin with the box. Due to my background in metallurgy, I was able to determine it is called reskariaehhrr, a rare Romulan type element. The name translates to “metal knife” in Standard, but that’s not nearly as interesting as the metallurgic properties. Due to the natural thickness of the metal, it is tetryon proof. Commander Blair walked inside the box and didn’t find any radiation messing with his gadget. In addition, the metal itself has a very high melting point. I am still working my way through the science logs to see if I can find anything else about it.

Rahman: Response

Mei’konda: Response

===
​Professor Timothy Alentonis, PhD