[SCENE 2] Captain Roshanara Rahman: Well-Earned Recognition

richyulin

Mar 7, 2019, 12:00:42 AM3/7/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
(OOC: This briefing room scene is divided into several parts. To keep tags manageable, you should respond to each part *separately* in individual sims. Label in the title [SCENE 1], [SCENE 2] etc. as you see here to show which part of the briefing you are responding to. This part is [SCENE 2])

((Briefing Room, USS Veritas))

Rahman: Next, we have several people to recognize for our mission with the Tholians at the end of last year.

::She looked over the list of remaining ribbons in the briefcase before starting the next segment of the ceremony.::

Rahman: Mr. Teller, could you come up here again?

Teller: Response

::She smiled warmly.::

Rahman: It’s been too long.

Teller: Response

Rahman: I’ll address this recognition first with the seriousness it deserves. As I noted to Commander Blake and Lieutenant G’var, the injuries we sustain in the line of duty are not anything to ever be ashamed of. What is most important is how we recover from them. Just as important however is to recognize that not all injuries are as visible as a broken leg… ::She tilted her head.:: …or frankly a disfigured face. I will not delve into the circumstances here, but I want you to know, Lieutenant, that the price you’ve paid in service during our mission with the Tholians is acknowledged by this ship and me. As such, you are hereby awarded the Purple Heart.

Teller: Response

Any: Response

Rahman: Don’t worry; I won’t make you stand up this time as much. Lieutenant Ukinix- ::She stopped herself abruptly and furrowed her brow.:: Oooo! That does sound nice doesn’t it?

Ukinix: Response

::She gestured to a point on the deck near Teller.::

Rahman: Come back up here.

Ukinix: Response

Rahman: Lieutenants, you both did a fine job in our mission with the Tholians, first in boarding and securing the Artemis to prepare it for scuttling and then later separately with Mr. Teller on Artemis to complete the job and Mr. Ukinix in engineering aboard Veritas to get us away from the wake of that ship’s destruction. As such, you both are awarded the Captain’s Commendation.

Ukinix: Response

Teller: Response

Any: Response

::She grinned at both men while she joined the applause.::

Rahman: You can both sit down. Lieutenant G’var, could you come up here?

G’var: Response

Rahman: Lieutenant, part of that execution involved the successful cooperation of one Mistress IA. I understand you were instrumental in securing the prisoner and getting that assistance from her along with Deputy Marshal Hext. As such, I hereby recognize you with the Good Conduct Ribbon.

G’var: Response

Any: Response

Rahman: I have also noted in the log that Deputy Marshal Hext has earned the Captain’s Commendation as a non-Starfleet officer for his assistance.

::She proceeded to the next recipient.::

Rahman: Counselor Orrey, please come up here.

Orrey: Response

Rahman: Counselor, you joined us at quite the moment on the bridge. When we needed you at the helm, you answered, demonstrating that you could expertly navigate a starship with three Tholian ships enveloped within its warp field as deftly as you helped others navigate the complexities of maintaining their personal wellness when we later found ourselves on Limbo. As such, I hereby recognize you with the Captain’s Commendation.

Orrey: Response

Any: Response

::The captain then turned and called out to the next set of recipients.::

Rahman: Commanders Kelrod, del Vedova, and Lieutenant Commander Moonsong, please come forward.

Kelrod/del Vedova/Moonsong: Response

::She started with Moonsong.::

Rahman: Commander Moonsong, with the departures of Lieutenants Galven and Lovar, you suddenly found yourself the ship’s sole science officer, tasked with figuring out a way to dispose of the Artemis as well as developing battle strategies with Commanders Kelrod and del Vedova. As such, I am pleased to award you three with the Legion of Merit. Congratulations.

Kelrod/del Vedova/Moonsong: Response

Any: Response

::Roshanara then looked over towards Alora.::

Rahman: Lieutenant Commander DeVeau, it’s your turn.

DeVeau: Response

Rahman: After Dr. Skyfire’s departure, you served your shipmates as a medical officer, even helping save the life of a fellow officer. As such, you are hereby recognized with the Silver Lifesaving Ribbon.

DeVeau: Response

Rahman: Furthermore, I reviewed Captain Nickson’s final report chronicling how you first had to survive on your own after we abandoned ship before you were eventually reunited with their camp and finally ours. Perhaps it’s because we are returning to the Menthar Corridor now, but I can’t help but think how strong of an officer you’ve always been since I first met you on the Mercury—since that time we were both captured by that Orion captain on Nygel II. You truly are one of the strongest, bravest people I know. For your actions to survive on your own during those first several weeks on Limbo, I hereby award you with the Good Conduct Ribbon. Congratulations, Alora!

DeVeau: Response

Any: Response

::Once the science officer returned to her seat, the captain looked back to the security chief-turned-helmsman/strat ops officer.::

Rahman: Lieutenant Commander Blake?

Blake: Response

Rahman: Our mission last year with the Tholians was almost supposed to be your last with us. While I know you would have made a fine first officer for Commander Zhou—as you were for me—I am glad you are still a member of this crew. And when I say this crew, I do mean *this* one today. As the only senior staff member who previously served with Captain Carrero, you had both a unique insight into the region for those of us still learning about it but also, if it’s fair to say, some more of an adjustment serving with a new set of officers. I hope in the two years you’ve served under my command, you feel as much a part of a family with this crew and this captain as you did with your last. ::She paused for a moment, looking at the others in the room before returning her attention to Blake.:: Because I know all of us feel that way about you.

Any: Response

Blake: Response

Rahman: As such, before you fully being your duties in a new position, I wanted to recognize your performance as our chief of security. For serving as a department head for at least six months, you are hereby awarded the Department Chief Ribbon.

Blake: Response

Rahman: Don’t go anywhere, Commander Blake. ::She looked over at her first officer.:: Commander Delano, your turn.

Delano: Response

Rahman: Commander Blake, in your final actions as security chief working with Commander Delano to both secure the Artemis and later oversee the evacuation of Veritas, I hereby recognize you both with the Legion of Merit. Congratulations and thank you, Commanders.

Blake: Response

Delano: Response

::The captain then took a deep breath and looked back out at everyone sitting.::

Rahman: Finally, those present for the mission with the Tholians will receive the Peacekeeper Service Ribbon in recognition of your actions to prevent an all-out war from erupting—a war that we learned was very real in another timeline.

(OOC: For clarity, the recipients for this ribbon are Rahman, Delano, Blake, Kelrod, G’var, Teller, Ukinix, DeVeau, Moonsong, del Vedova, and Orrey.)

Rahman: Furthermore, Starfleet Command has just authorized a new Tholian Campaign Ribbon. Those same individuals shall be recognized with that ribbon as well.

Any: Response

::As the applause died down, Roshanara nodded to Evan, who took care of the now empty briefcase as she finally went over to sit in her chair at the briefing table.::

Rahman: Perhaps it is only fitting that as we recognize these actions from our last encounter with the Tholians, we have now been tasked to deal with them once more.

TBC…

Captain Roshanara Rahman
CO, USS Veritas
I238705TZ0