[V-XOO] Dr. Skyfire + LtCmdr Mei'konda: A Certain Resemblance Part I

Chythar Skyfire

Sep 20, 2017, 12:09:07 AM9/20/17
to Veritas IC
(( XO’s Office, USS Veritas ))

:: While Chythar had been to the bridge and called to the captain’s office many a time, he had yet to be invited to the XO’s office. He took the hypo of albuterol from his pocket and gave himself a minimal dose, just enough to help clear up some of the congestion from the surface. Once properly medicated, he slipped the hypo back into his pocket and pressed his thumb to the chime, to wait for the answering purrs. ::

:: Several days after the crisis on Antor II had been resolved, and Mei’konda was just starting to unwind.  Rightfully so, Evan had allocated as much extra recreation time in the ship’s facilities and holodecks to the medical staff as possible, so he’d had to get a little creative.  Someone had managed to get a small supply of actual paper books stored in the ship’s library, and he’d managed to squeeze a little time in to read.  Other than that?  It had just been a relief not to have to deviate from his extensive duties in order to deal with an emergency. ::

:: Right on time, the doorbell rang.  Mei’konda, settled in his seat, raised his voice. ::

Mei’konda: Come in, Doctor.

:: CD came into the room and smiled softly at the Caitian in greeting. ::

Skyfire: Commander Mei’konda. A pleasure to be servin’ with yeh again, sir.

:: It was a pleasant feeling for Mei’konda too.  The longer he served as an officer in Starfleet, the more pleasant the feline found it to encounter men and women he’d worked with before.  Perhaps it was a sense of nostalgia, but he appreciated it.  The Caitian smiled at Chythar. ::

Mei’konda: You too, Doctor.  Please, haave a seat.  :: He gestured toward the seat across from his desk, then took his own.  It was a little unfortunate that how he and the Doctor had first met bore such a resemblance to how they had met again. ::
​
Antor II reminded me a little of the first day you came aboard the Garuda, unfortunaately.

:: Chythar took the offered seat and nodded faintly. His first day aboard the Garuda, he’d barely gotten settled when he was called up to the bridge to tend to an explosion. His first day aboard the Veritas, he was checking in with the captain, hadn’t had time to get settled, and was tending to victims of an explosion. It was a queer sensation of deja-vu. ::

Skyfire: It does bear a certain resemblance, sir.

Mei’konda: We’ll haave to maake sure that doesn’t keep happening, yes?  First, business, Doctor.  I know supplies are probably seriously depleted in Sickbaay.  What are the essentials?  I can maake sure that replicator energy is prioritized to refilling your stores.  Assumiing Lieutenant Delano hasn’t done that already, at least.

:: Chythar took a PADD from his pocket and produced the requisitions Dr. Ryan had noted, then transmitted a copy to Mei’konda’s device. ::

Skyfire: Just beamed it to yer device. :: He paused and took a breath, slowly recalling the details of his previous tour aboard the Garuda. :: Only thing ah ken think of tae keep me from gettin’ called out with explosions is tae tender my resignation. Nae going to do that.

:: The Caitian glanced down toward his desk terminal, nodded in affirmation when it displayed that he’d received the message, then shifted his blue eyes back toward the Doctor. ::

Mei’konda: Got it.  Well, we’d haate to lose you, Doctor.

Skyfire: Well. As yer probably aware, ah dinnae have the time to get settled in before we engaged in rescue efforts. As such...what’s the status of my quarters at the moment?

:: Easy enough to check.  Mei’konda reached over to tap a few claws up against the screen of his panel.  Bringing up Skyfire’s personnel record showed his quarters assignment.  Crisis or not, he wasn’t surprised that Evan had made sure he’d gotten to it.  Vulcan efficiency was a stereotype, but in his fiance’s case, it was definitely a true one. ::

Mei’konda: Let’s see here… assigned.  Deck four, sectiion fifteen, cabin one.  Riight next to a turboliift, so you can get to deck six quiickly in caase of an emergency.

:: Chythar listened as the Caitian officer gave his reply, and subconsciously took the dog tags out from under his uniform shirt, fidgeting with them absently. He hadn’t needed to fidget with them in so long, but at the same time because he missed the feel of the metal against his fingers was once again drifting to them as a coping mechanism to help center himself. ::

:: Glancing up from the screen, it wasn’t difficult for Mei’konda to spot Skyfire’s fidgeting, particularly with the metal of the dog tags standing out so prominently against the doctor’s dark uniform.  He perked his ears up.  It wasn’t that he minded.  Especially since Skyfire was technically off duty right now, but it made him curious. ::

Mei’konda: A fashion statement, Doctor?

Skyfire: A development of sorts. On the way here, Commander Alex Blair asked me tae move in with him.

:: There. He’d just admitted to someone outside his normal social circle that he was in a relationship, and with the SCE liaison, of all people. He ran his finger over Alex’s name and blood type, praying that the information didn’t phase the cat. ::

​TBC
===
Lieutenant Chythar Skyfire, MD
Medical Officer