[A-V] Dr. Skyfire: Walking Wounded Redux

Chythar Skyfire

Sep 15, 2017, 6:17:01 PM9/15/17
to Veritas IC
(( Auditorium, USS Veritas ))

:: No matter how many times he avoided the subject, Chythar always seemed to find himself in situations where he needed a weapon. He had been in plenty of firefights, and usually wound up injuring himself because of a failed punch. This was habit-forming, and not in a good way. The atmosphere around him was thick with tension laced with a bit of panic. ::

:: To make it all worse, Chythar had no weapon on him until he opened up the locker and withdrew one. LtCmdr Jolara had laid down the law with the reminder that they weren’t authorized to hand over weapons to civilians, so therefore CD had to handle one and fight the painful memories that came with it. ::

Skyfire: :: quietly :: Ah hate these things so much...

Jolara: Most doctors I know do. Any specific reason for your dislike?

Skyfire: Long story ah dinnae think is appropriate for the moment.

::Rune gave the hint of a smile and a nod as she double checked the settings on her phaser.::

Jolara: When things are less tense.

:: As Chythar upended a few tables to duck behind, the doctor had to concentrate on the moment. Allowing himself any distraction would not help him. His link with Lael had him in the know that something was wrong, but exactly what -- he couldn’t tell. He wasn’t focusing on it right now. He had to focus on what was in front of him: the possibility he could be receiving phaser fire at any moment. ::

:: Outside, the ship was descending into Antor’s atmosphere. Behind him, he could hear the governor giving directions to her people but again he displayed no reaction outwardly. Inwardly, he was deeply worried about both Lael and Alex, knowing full well that they could handle themselves but having a feeling something was wrong with both of them. It was a distraction he couldn’t afford. They were under siege, or rather...they were about to be -- and from the looks of the atmosphere outside, they were crashing. CD took another breath and grimaced. He didn’t need to think about the aftermath that would come with crashing the ship. Instead, he turned his attention to the Al-Leyan intel officer. ::

Skyfire: My thought is: we hide behind the tables and shoot at any hostiles which manage tae get through the door. Valid?

Jolara: Valid. IF they manage to get through but first they have to get past our security measures and reinforcements are coming.

Skyfire: Well, we can hope.

:: Chythar had to hope there were reinforcements moving in on his position. He wasn’t sure a couple of officers would be able to take on a swarm of hostiles, but then again he hadn’t actually been on a shooting range in a while either. This was his first time in...since the academy where he’d actually had an opportunity to practice with moving targets and phasers. He hadn’t been on a moving target phaser range since...2387, if he remembered right. ::

:: CD checked his weapon once more to make sure it was set for stun. It wasn’t really paranoia -- it was because he took his oath to cause no harm very seriously. The last thing he wanted to do was treat someone he’d shot with a fatal injury. Stunned, he could deal with, but fatal...he felt that was beyond him. ::

:: Fortunately for Chythar, his medical kit was still in reach. He pulled it closer so it was behind the table with him, as ready as he felt he could be for the upcoming shoot-out. She gave him another reassuring half-smile as he pulled his medkit closer so it was behind the table with him. At least it’d be close at hand
​ in the event it was needed.​
::

:: A loud “ka-boom” rang throughout the hallowed chamber a few moments later, and CD had been in enough shipboard explosions to know exactly what it was. It wasn’t quite as loud of a kaboom as it had been aboard the Gorkon during their year in hell which was partially due to the implants, but it was still enough that he could tell. ::

Jolara: Stay here.

:: CD nodded mutely in acknowledgment of the order. Of all the thoughts racing through his mind, the most prominent was that of Devlin who had just been told to stay.  ::

Skyfire: :: To himself, and in his best Devlin impersonation. ::
​​
oO Rafff? Oo

Anyone: Response

:: CD gradually poked his head up from behind the table to watch her give some sort of signal to the security team. Rune was currently a smaller target, the barest minimum of profile exposed to whatever might be around that corner. He watched as she keyed in a clearance code to the keypad, the forcefield falling away and the door opening up. ::

Jolara: ::with a nod:: Commander.... :: There was a pause, and then she stepped aside. :: Dr. Skyfire, we have injured here.

:: Chythar was grateful for the reprieve from having to hide behind a table with a phaser in his hand. He loathed weaponry, mostly due to his profession but also because of the memories it brought with it. His posture relaxed slightly, though it was extremely short-lived as his gaze fell once again on his injured friend and the Bolian. ::

Skyfire: ~Damn it, Lael…~

Rosek: ~Yeah, yeah. I know. But I swear it wasn't my fault this time. I was just walking, minding my own business when the deck flew out from under my feet and I slammed into a wall.~

:: CD said nothing more, because there wasn’t anything more to say. He reached into the kit to produce a hypo of analgesic, glancing at her injury with a raised eyebrow. He recognized a dislocation when he saw one. ::

Rosek: ::shakes her head:: Tuk first. He's hurt worse that I am.

Skyfire: You’re sure?

Rosek: I'll live for the moment. Though a quick hypo for the pain while you work on Tuk wouldn't be unwelcome.

:: Although Chythar was willing to comply, the fact that Lael was putting Tuk ahead of herself didn’t escape his notice. The doc raised an eyebrow, but said nothing until after the hypo gave its subtle hiss as it injected the medication into her bloodstream.  ::

Skyfire: How’s that?

Rosek: ::murmurs:: Better. Thanks.

:: Chythar ignored the conversation that seemed to be taking place behind him and made his way over to the Bolian officer, recalling the last time they saw one another outside of a briefing room -- the Garuda. It didn’t seem like that long ago, but in fact...239203.10. It was a while back, for sure. Hanar seemed to be favoring one arm over the other, so CD produced a tricorder and began a scan of the lieutenant’s injured shoulder. ::

Skyfire: You alright, Hanar?

Tuk: Response

Skyfire: Looks like you got a bit phaser-burned. Do you need something for the pain?

Tuk: Response

(( OOC: I can continue this conversation as needed, Dusty. ))

:: Chythar began treatment with an anabolic protoplaser to repair the muscular damage, then switched to a dermal regenerator once the muscle had been repaired. As he performed his task, CD felt some of the tension ease away from his muscles, probably due to the fact that he was once again doing what he loved instead of needing to fire upon people. ::

Mei’konda / Jolara / Blackhurst / Kelrod / Anyone Else: Response

:: Once treatment on Tuk was complete, he began following his wayward patient. Lael was dedicated, granted. Though whether or not she enjoyed sitting still was a completely different kettle of chips, and chances were she’d likely pull a Walker and try to escape if she could. ::

Skyfire: Yeh ken ah’m nae goin’ tae be able to get an accurate scan of that shoulder unless yeh stand still, aye?

Rosek: ::grins wryly and enters her authorization code into the panel:: Fine. As long as it doesn’t interrupt my work. We need to know what we’re up against.

Skyfire: :: after a quiet moment to examine his tricorder results. :: Aye, ah’m aware of how much you love your job. Still needs tae be treated though.

Rosek: ::pauses:: What’s the treatment? Popping it back into place?

Skyfire: Aye. Once-over with the osteo-regenerator, and it’ll need to be in a sling for a while.

Rosek: ::scowls:: How am I supposed to work with only one good arm?

:: CD could tell she was frustrated with him. He could feel the scowl boring into him like phasers on an ablative shielding layer. He didn’t always like being the bad guy to prevent people from doing things they loved, but it aided their recovery when he did. ::

Skyfire: Delegation? It’s not as though yeh have a shortage of people tae walk through whatever it is you’re doing...

Rosek: ::sighs:: Fine. But make it fast. I really need to get this done.

Skyfire: Ah ken.

:: He set down his box, the tricorder atop it and popped her shoulder back into place. Once that was done, he opened up the kit to produce the osteo-regenerator before running it over the shoulder a few times. Once he’d given her the once-over, he produced a cloth sling for immobilization of the bad arm. After the sling’s application, he turned his attention to the remainder of the group at large, focusing his gaze to the Caitian. ::

Skyfire: Was anyone else hurt, Commander?

Mei’konda / Jolara / Blackhurst / Kelrod / Anyone: Response

Tuk: ::as Rosek continued working:: Where do we go from here?

Mei’konda / Jolara / Blackhurst / Kelrod /
​ ​
Anyone: Response

Tuk: The intruders we encountered are being placed in the
​b​
rig as we speak.

Mei’konda / Jolara /Blackhurst / Kelrod /
​ ​
Anyone: Response

===
Lieutenant Chythar Skyfire, MD