LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Friendly faces."

Deliera Jay

Dec 25, 2018, 8:26:28 AM12/25/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Marcopus clearing))

::In just six hours, those within a two kilometre radius of escape pod 025 had congregated and set up a small camp using what resources they were all equipped with. Tristam took a handful of officers to dismantle the escape pods in case more equipment was necessary, but of the 24 people they had, not including the boy she was carrying around with her, what they had would be suitable for the next few days at least.

::Tomorrow she'd have to set out, scout the surroundings - put those ranger skills to good work for once, which will be a nice change.::

::Uniforms quickly became obsolete in the humid environment, tied around waists or "modified" (deliberately torn), the only one actually comfortable in what they'd called "Marcopus" being Blake, her son, and Jhalib Ekal - beneficial given the latter's poor health. But officers and crewmen whom were used to the regulated environment of the Veritas, and still suffering the after affects of a rather violent entry into the planet's atmosphere, were dropping like flies. Fainting, dehydrated - no *serious* cases, but she'd tasked Tristam to prioritize a water reclamation unit should they run out. It was unlikely, but she preferred to be paranoid than sorry.::

Macedon: Incoming crew!

::She shrugged her son further up her hip, approaching Seeker Macedon and taking the binoculars they handed out to her.::

Macedon: Looks like Commander Kelrod, sir.

::And a smattering of others, too. She gave a breath of relief, quietly making calculations. Kelrod had Loupaz and Rotha with him, as well as a handful of others, possibly supplies from their pods, too.::

Blake: Tell Choi we may have more injured.

Macedon: Aye, sir.

::They jogged away, passing the Rodulan approaching her.::

Core: More people?

Blake: Kelrod.

::He gave a huff.::

Core: That makes me feel a little better.

::Another twenty minutes or so passed before Kelrod and his small group actually reached them, but Blake and Tristam remained in their positions, greeting the group as they poured past the border.::

Kelrod: Finally

Blake: It's good to see you. What happened?

Kelrod: We’ve crashed a few kilometers away, we’ve lost one crewman. :: sigh :: How are you?

Blake: Three pods in close proximity. No casualties, a few injuries but nothing overall life threatening.

Kelrod: Is that Ayden? How’s he?

::She glanced down to the boy's blond hair, Ayden still a little shell-shocked by what was happening, clinging to Sky tighter than he usually would.::

Blake: He'll be alright. Did you manage to salvage anything?

Kelrod: We’ve brought what we could from the pod. A few rations and things. Any news from the rest of the crew?

Anyone: Response?

Blake: You're the first we've heard from in over six hours.

Core: We've got a group of about 25 from three escape pods. We're setting up a camp so to get as comfortable as possible, but the first few nights are going to be a bit rough.

Kelrod: Response?

Blake: Doesn't help that this weather isn't letting up. It's been a steady 40 degrees with serious humidity - perfect conditions for Ayden and myself, not so much for everyone used to a regulated starship.

Kelrod: Response?

Blake: I intend to scout out our surrounds to the south tomorrow, see if we can get a read on the local wildlife and our water situation, maybe locate other pods while we're at it.

Kelrod: Response?

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Chief of Security