[V-COUN] Ensign T'Katt Dugoras- Getting to know Lael Rosek

Yroc Llah

Apr 5, 2018, 1:26:43 PM4/5/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Counselor’s Office, USS Veritas))

Rosek: ::smiles:: A mug of Ligonian spiced tea would be good, thank you.

Dugoras: Very well, I personally can't seem to get enough Raktajino today it seems.

Rosek: ::smirks:: I think you and Chythar Skyfire would get along well. His Uncle Chris has the most amazing Raktajino recipe. It’s not my favorite, but with a little extra sugar to liven it up, it tastes really good.

:: The thought of adding sugar to his Raktajino grossed him out some but he considered that a specific recipe may in fact be good with it, he usually preferred no sweeteners in his drinks at all. Being part Vulcan he found that sucrose and the like would give him a 'high' feeling when he consumed it as well.::

Dugoras: I usually avoid sugar, especially in my teas and coffee's. ::Turning back to the replicator:: One Ligonian spiced tea.

:: After he had retrieved and handed her the drink he took a seat in the relaxing chair set catty corner to the couch.::
Rosek: ::shrugs:: It’s an Al-Leyan thing. My tastebuds aren’t as sensitive to certain flavors so I have to really load it down. ::grimaces:: And I’m not usually a fan of coffee for that reason.

Dugoras: Oh you are also a hybrid, you said half Al-Leyan? :: He replied adding a joking emphasis on the word hybrid.::
:: If winking was something T'Katt did he would have done it just then.::

Rosek: ::nods:: Half Al-Leyan. Half Human.

Dugoras: A very interesting mix considering. :: T'Katt paused a moment to take a drink from his Raktajino.:: Have you found it hard in life with a heritage like that?

Rosek: ::smiles wanly:: It had its moments. In some ways, I get the best of both. But until I joined Starfleet, I never really felt a sense of belonging to either culture. Though I look more Human than Al-Leyan, the glowing eyes freaked a lot of people out. Earned me quite a bit of cruel teasing when I was younger.

Dugoras: I know exactly how you feel, I spent much time around my parental races and found myself feeling detached from my people almost as if I was just a guest observing. :: He paused a moment.:: Physical features often draw out critisims simply because they draw attention, what makes your eyes glow? if you dont mind my asking, can you control it?

Rosek: ::shakes her head:: Only in the dark. My night vision is better than my day vision. From what I understand, like some Earth mammals Al-Leyans have an extra layer behind their retinas called tapetum lucidum that reflects light, giving our eyes a glow.

Dugoras: Ah... yes, I have read about such things before.

Rosek: ::shrugs:: Feature of Al-Leyan evolution, I guess. Along with more sensitive hearing. ::pauses:: That and my already above average abilities are enhanced by the nanites.

Dugoras: Thats right I had read about that; it sounds like an incredible process, has the enhanced aspects of yourself presented any difficulties while interacting with people?

Rosek: Response

:: T'Katt briefly thought about how he had found it difficult to interact with some peoples in the academy due to their differences in abilities and senses.::

Dugoras: I myself found a few things needed active adjustments when it came to such differences among my academy classmates. The fact that so many peoples with so many diversities in capabilities and beliefs can work so well together is one of the federations greatest strengths in my opinion though.:: T'Katt took a large drink from his cup.::

Rosek: Response

Dugoras: I presume you are satisfied with your decision to join and the time you have spent in Starfleet then?

Rosek: Response

tbc/tag

Ensign T'Katt Dugoras

Counselor