[UP] LTJG T'Katt Dugoras- Drone Contact

Yroc Llah

Jul 24, 2018, 7:25:26 PM7/24/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(Unknown planet)

Dugoras: :: In a hushed tone.:: Commander I am detecting no Borg life signs, it's possible they have died, if not on impact than in the environment since.

Kelrod: Let’s hope it’s as you say. However don’t let your guard down.

Dugoras: Of course sir.

:: T'Katt shivered as a gust of wind blew past them. Suddenly Thoran spoke out to them.::

Thoran: ::raises his voice:: Commander Kelrod.

Kelrod: What’s up?

Thoran: You should see this, sir.

:: Kelrod and T'Katt approached the location indicated to by Thoran and came across what seemed to be some sort of damaged Borg drone or another form of tech.::

Kelrod:: What kind of drone is that?

Dugoras: I don't recall seeing it in the data I just reviewed. :: He knelt down to get a better view as well as relax his legs.::

Thoran: ::shakes his head:: It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen. On the surface, it looks Borg in origin. ::enters a command into the tricorder and shows it to the others:: But it doesn’t match anything we know about Borg technology.

Kelrod:: I’m not specially good in engineering, but those nanoprobes shouldn’t be regenerating the Borg?

:: Having just reviewed the Borg data proved useful after all, T'Katt could tell there were many aspects of the object before them that weren't correct for the known Borg designs and operations.::

(OOC: I got confused as to the needed tags in this scene so I removed the Veritas, Moonsong, and some other tags in my post. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.)

Oracle: Response

Thoran: ::to Oracle:: What do you make of this? ::motions at the object::

:: T'Katt stood up and turned to hear the Ohanze speak.::

Oracle: Response

Thoran: ::pauses:: I have one theory. But I’m not sure it makes sense given the circumstances.

Kelrod: Those circumstances will never be normal, so spit it out :: Kelrod gave another look around.::

Thoran: The Borg evolve by assimilating other species, right? ::pauses:: What would happen if the Borg assimilated another non-organic entity?

:: T'Katt thought about how the Borg had always assimilated the technology of certain races in addition to their hosts, he wasn't quite sure what Thoran was saying. He assumed after some thought that Thoran meant assimilating another cyborg-like being or maybe an android.::

Kelrod: They’ll probably add any advantage they could find to their collective.

Dugoras: I'm sure they will develop countless ways to assimilate anything they deem vital to progressing themselves towards their goal.

Thoran: I know it sounds out there, but it’s the best I can come up with from these scans.

Kelrod: Do you think we could transport it safely to the ship for further study ?

Dugoras: I think that would be a good idea but I would caution our actions with this device the Borg have been known to surprise and reactivate when least expected.

Thoran: Response

Kelrod: We could leave it here for the moment. If it’s inactive since the crash,it’ll probably stay that way for a while.

Dugoras: I could keep watch of the device and set up a spot for us to regroup should we need to leave quickly or one of us becomes injured.

Thoran: Response

Kelrod: Thoran, focus on finding out any remaining active Borg technology, including anything that could help us getting back.

Thoran: Response

Kelrod: Dugoras, keep an eye on this :: Pointing to the strange drone :: You’re doing great, we’ll be out soon.

:: The comment that he was doing great took T'Katt for a moment. Was the commander able to tell how stressed he was or was he simply commenting on the lack of experience he had in the field.::

Dugoras: oO Perhaps it's because I'm a counselor. Oo Yes sir, thank you... :: T'Katt forced out his worried thoughts and proceeded to clear out a spot for activity.::

Kelrod: =/\= Kelrod to Moonsong =/\=

Moonsong: Response

Kelrod: =/\= We’ve found an … inactive drone. It’s different from others we’ve read so far. Keep an eye on Dugoras and try to contact the Veritas to update them on our situation. We continue searching the place. =/\=

Dugoras: oO Keep an eye on Dugoras... I'm not a child. Oo

Thoran/Moonsong: Response

:: T'Katt knew the commander was doing his duty and making sure his team was covered but he still couldn't help letting the wording bother him some. He continued clearing a space near the object as the others searched on.::

:: Once he had a place cleared for the team to work on injuries or other objects they find he walked over to the object again and observed it some more. It didn't seem to be active but he was wary of the Borg so he never touched it. He looked around and saw through the fog of his breath the team wondering around the crash site.::

:: Suddenly as he was observing his fellow officers a noise startled him from behind. It sounded like a piece of metal sliding against another. He turned to view the source of the noise and observed his fear as it crawled from the twisted pile of debris. It was a Borg Drone, T'Katt wasn't sure why they hadn't detected it but it was certainly active and was now climbing from the ship wreckage it's cybernetic eye's fixed on the Klingon-Vulcan hybrid.::

Dugoras: C-comand! :: He tried to call out but his breath left him.::

:: Quickly he drew his phaser and fired on the drone without further hesitation. Then drone was sent stumbling back into the debris from which it had emerged but then began moving toward's T'Katt. He fired again and found the Borg had adapted already to his setting's.::

Dugoras: Contact! :: He managed to shout this time.::

:: As he checked his phasers settings he kept his eye on the drone moving nearer to him every second. There wasn't going to be enough time to let the phaser load and fire before the drone would reach him and the path behind him was not ideal for fleeing. He stood for a moment as his anger swelled. This is what he had not wanted, face to face with a monstrous being in the cold. In his anger he threw down his instruments and roared at the drone which had now raised its left arm, the one with some sort of bladed attachment on it.::

Kelrod/Thoran/Oracle: Response's

:: T'Katt jumped towards the drone moving to the drones right to avoid his weaponized arm. He tried to deliver a few punches to the less armored portion of the drone's body and found it to be like hitting a wall. Switching to the drone's face he struck the Borg in the head several times keeping just out of its reach with his superior maneuverability. This to proved fruitless, he had read of the Borgs tough defenses and great strength but he had certainly underestimated it. In a momentary lapse of awareness as he considered the Borgs statistics he slightly lost his footing and was finally struck in the right shoulder by the drones blade.::

Dugoras: Gaahh! :: He shouted as the drone sunk its blade into his body.::

Kelrod/Thoran/Oracle: Response's

:: The drone shoved hard onto him trying to force T'Katt off his feet. T'Katt grabbed the Drones arm to prevent it from burying its blade any further and pushed back to keep himself standing. As they stood there a moment pushing one another T'Katt realized his strength was waning and his knees were ready to buckle. Finally, he saw red, he let his control go and began to growl viciously as he used his free arm to grab and tear at any tube or piece of his foe he could with all his strength.::

Kelrod/Thoran/Oracle: Response's

:: He heard the others but he did not hear their words, all he cared about was how angry he was and killing the Borg drone. Despite his savage efforts, he caused minimal damage to the drone until he tried to yank out a large cable leading from the drones collar bone to behind his ear. This action caused the drone to lurch backward and use all of its strength to lift T'Katt on its blade and throw him about four feet to the side. Whatever he had jarred loose was messing with the drone, it tried to grab at the cable as it fumbled around in its footing starring at the others.::

Kelrod/Thoran/Oracle: Response's

:: T'Katt crashed to the ground wincing with the pain of his shoulder. He was still very angry but as he turned over to jump and attack again he saw his fellow officers stepping in. He watched as they worked together and brought down the drone, his anger subsiding as they fought.::

Dugoras: oO Great... just great.... Oo

Kelrod/Thoran/Oracle: Response's

(OOC: Deal with the drone as you all see fit.)

TAG/TBC

Counselor

USS Veritas NCC-95035

V239503TD0