Aagan Eislas, Son of the 20th House

Geoffrey Teller

May 20, 2019, 12:57:21 AM5/20/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
((The Party Commons, Vataix Estate, Ohmallera, Betazed))

Ukinix: You mean that guy?

Eislas:  Good Evening, Lieutenant Commander.  I'm glad you could find ::Aagan gestured to the largess with a smile:: this small, somber celebration.  And to think, Rivi was concerned you might get lost.

Vataix:  Actually, Aagan had a splendid idea! Something about a bell. ::Her eyes darted towards the man.:: Care to share?

Eislas:  My apologies young man, but I do not believe we've met.  Aagan Eislas.

Ukinix:  Lieutenant Wil Ukinix.  I’m one of Sky’s ship mates.

Eislas:  A genuine pleasure, Lieutenant Ukinix.  I imagine you're aware of the effect that name has in this company?  I think it's quite amusing, frankly.

Ukinix: Interesting, I had a chance to be a tourist for a short time and travel around Betazed.  I met lots of people.  It’s funny, the general population doesn’t seem to know the name “Ukinix”.

Vataix:  You must forgive, Mr. Eislas. ::She gave him another look.:: His sense of etiquette is most lacking.

Ukinix: ::To Sky:: ::Turning to Sky::   We’ve all missed you.

Ukinix: It’s been an interesting few months on the ‘Tas.

Blake: So I've heard. We're here for a different purpose, though--and I for one, would love to be enlightened about that.

Eislas:  And it's something I'd like to talk to you about at greater length, if you have the inclination.  But for now, I had hoped to speak with Miss Blake privately for a few moments.

Blake:::with a smirk:: I've been here ten minutes and I'm already being stolen away.

Ukinix: ::Smiling:: Catch up later, Sky?

Vataix:  Make sure she stays and mingles a bit with the other guests, will you? Especially the other heads of houses that are here.

Eislas:  You have my thanks.

((A secluded archway, Vataix Estate, Ohmallera, Betazed))

Eislas:  It's wonderful to see you again so soon, but I wish it were under better circumstances.

Blake: I thought Rivi told me this was a celebration?

Eislas: It's a tragedy felt by all of Betazed, and such a seemingly senseless one at that.  But that's not why I wanted to speak with you privately.

Blake: I figured.

::She frowned a little, emerald eyes directed at Aagan.::

Blake: You have news.

Eislas:  Faith is healthy and well, I now receive regular reports on her and I'm happy to tell you she's doing as well as can be expected.  Unfortunately, my efforts to get her repatriated to Betazed have hit a roadblock and I wanted to discuss next steps with you.

Blake: Aagan, the last two years have been one roadblock after another--you'll have to be more specific.

Eislas:  In short, the Brekkian government is contesting her exit visa via an emergency war powers act.  Her status is being used as a small piece of leverage in the larger game of statesmanship between the Federation and the Brekka.  I am sorry...I had hoped to have better news to share with you.

::Blake huffed with a slight smile touching her lips, looking away from Aagan. For that moment, it felt like the entirety of Rivi's gathering was silent, almost non-existent, as she considered the information.::

Blake: It's more information about what's going on than I've ever gotten over the past two years. For that alone, I thank you.

Eislas: You are welcome, but it is gratitude enough knowing she is well.  I'm concerned about the diplomatic footing that Brekka is taking.  They're rattling their sabers quite loudly all of the sudden, but I can't imagine they'd consider attacking the Federation somehow.  What do you think?  Any insights?

Blake: I doubt conflict with the Federation is really what they're after. It's been about three decades since the split with Ornara--we're a self-centered people. Brekka will want that back. And now, with at least a partially unified government, they might be more capable of getting that.

Eislas: If Brekka intends to invade Ornara, the resultant conflict could take years to resolve.  I do not think Faith would benefit from living out her formative years in a war zone.

Blake: I appreciate your help, Aagan. I really do. I wish I could remain on Betazed and lend you a more proper hand.

Eislas: Sky, you've thanked me enough by allowing me to take part in my daughters life.  The more I've learned about her, the more drawn I felt to her.  I want our child to have the peaceful home they've always deserved and I look forward to sharing things with her that were precious to me.  Like you, Sky.

Blake:  Response

Eislas:  She will require a strong female role model, and I can think of none better.

Blake:  Response

Eislas:  I understand.  I'm certain we'll talk of these matters again soon.  Until then, I will make certain to relay any updates I receive on Faith and the overall diplomatic situation.

Blake:  Response

((OOC:  Can be continued as a flashback or ended here))

((The Afterparty, Vataix Estate, Ohmallera, Betazed))

::Aagan had retreated to a lounger in the corner of the party, sipping a drink and, for the first time in two hours, not shaking the hand of a ladder climbing distant relative who wanted to trade the latest tidbits of court gossip.  He was slowly settling in for a few strong drinks before he sensed agitation in the crowd nearby shortly before Lt. Wil Ukinix appeared.::

Ukinix: Excuse me, Aagan? Mate, Sorry to interrupt,  ::anxious:: I need your help.  You got a tick?

Eislas: Ah, Mr. Ukinix.  I did say we should chat again.  What seems to be the problem?

Ukinix: That’s my second cousin. And next to her is my grand aunt who I’ve never met before.  She doesn’t look too well.  They’re trying to join the party, but the guy at the entrance won’t let them.  Anything you can do to help them get in?

Eislas: ::Glancing over towards the bouncer.::  Won't be an issue, although this hardly seems a suitable setting for your grand aunt.

::Eislas strolled over to the bouncer and exchanged no words, but a nod between the two and three slips of GPL smoothed out any further misunderstandings and Kehanni and the elderly Ukinix were brought in and ensconced in an out of the way corner.  Eislas snatched a pitcher of water and several glasses from a nearby cart and poured a glass out for the older woman, who seemed deeply overwhelmed by the situation.  She took the glass and drank gratefully, offering Eislas a small smile.::

Eislas:  Well, Mr. Ukinix, this seems like a terrible spot for a family reunion.  Fascinated to see what you'll do next.

Ukinix:  Response

Eislas:  Oh I'm happy to just sit by and watch for the time being, I was worried this party would be dull.

Ukinix/Keehani:: Response

Tags/TBC!

Aagan Eislas
Betazed Diplomat