[V-SIC] Dr. Chythar Skyfire & Nurse Greywin Fergus: Past & Present Experiments

Chythar Skyfire

Apr 21, 2018, 1:37:49 PM4/21/18
to Veritas IC
(( Sickbay, USS Veritas ))

:: Chythar was helping Greywin take inventory in order to locate the bolarite just to make sure that it had made it onto the ship. Besides, signing off on everything was boring. After nearly three hours, the inventory was complete. Greywin wiped his brow and walked over to Chythar, handing him the PADD. ::

Fergus: Found it and highlighted it for you.

Skyfire: Good show. You got any other plans for the day?

Fergus: Just some homework for class, but otherwise no. Why?

Skyfire: Have you taken pharmacology 1 yet?

Fergus: In the middle of that one right now, actually. I was thinking about asking Dr. Alexander for assistance with a lab, but what's going through your head, Doc?

:: There was a thoughtful pause as Chythar recalled his own days at Starfleet Medical, and the earlier educating at the University of Washington. The thought of having a lab assistant for the impending experiment had crossed his mind, but at the same time Chythar wasn't a certified instructor. The thought crossed his mind again and a mischievous grin crossed the CMO's face. ::

Skyfire: Would you like to help me in a lab project?

:: Greywin's eyes widened slightly at the thought. The last time Dr. Skyfire had asked him for help, it was during a mission aboard the Garuda involving the Maquis Reborn's  Plasmodium-falciparum Romulopesti (PFR) modification. ::

Fergus: This isn't going to be a repeat of your last reckless experiment, is it?

:: That struck a nerve. Chythar knew exactly which experiment the ensign was referring to, and he'd gotten a lot more cautious since then. At the moment, all he had to work with were a few vials of bolarite, simulations, two vials of the intended specimen's blood and hope, but he wouldn't be injecting himself with anything. ::

Skyfire: Definitely not. This time we'll develop it first and test it on samples.

Fergus: Then I'm in. I just need you to sign off on my research notes so I can turn them in. :: He paused for a moment. :: What are we doing?

:: Chythar's smile faded for a moment as he recalled how many people were listening amongst the Astraeus to the hushed conversation he had with Lael. He finished signing off on the rest of the boring administration paperwork and could get into the fun stuff -- his new secret project: a anti-radiation med for her that she wouldn't be allergic to. ::

Skyfire: Developing a new medication against radiation. Let's go get the bolarite, then head to the lab.

:: And without another word, the two men disappeared to find the medication they were after, then vanished into the nearby medical lab to begin their experiment. It'd be a long day, but if it worked, he could ask for Lael's help in field testing it. ::

===
Ensign Greywin Fergus
Nurse / Medical Student
USS Veritas NCC-95035