Captain Roshanara Rahman: Don't Try This at Home

richyulin

May 1, 2019, 4:03:47 PM5/1/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
((Captain's Quarters, USS Veritas))

::After she'd finished her work, Roshanara left the ready room and returned to her quarters. Upon entering, she heard a snort of laughter from the other room, which she recognized as belonging to her "daughter" from a parallel universe, Tasnim "Taz" Shandres. This was an unexpected visit. The captain smiled as she walked over to greet the girl.::

Shandres: Oh! Look at him go!

Mncedisi: Hahaha!

::Next to Taz sat Crewman Buyisiwe Mncedisi, another young engineering crewman about the same age as the Kriosian/Betazoid hybrid. The two girls giggled as they huddled over a screen, watching a recording.::

Teller: ::from recording:: // FALLHHHASLLPPPPPPPP!!!!! //

Mncedisi: Oh man, play it again!

::There was the sound of a disrupter blast before another yelp from the recording as the two young women snickered.::

::Roshanara stepped beside the doorway, crossing her arms.::

Rahman: Ahem.

Mncedisi: Oh, sh-

::Taz and Mncedisi froze for a second before Taz quickly shut off the monitor. The two crewmen then stood up and turned around.::

Mncedisi: I mean, hello, Captain!

::Taz though returned a frown.::

Shandres: Don't you knock?

::Roshanara returned an incredulous look back at the girl.::

Rahman: These are my quarters!

::Taz rolled her eyes, letting out a frustrated grunt.::

Shandres: Ugh!

::Crewman Mncedisi for her part looked to be quite uncomfortable from the impending storm brewing between the Kriosian and the Krioisan halfling.::

Mncedisi: Um, permission to leave, ma'am.

::The captain waved the other crewman off.::

Rahman: Granted.

Mncedisi: Thank you. ::Before she left, the dark-skinned engineering technician looked over at her friend.:: Bye, Taz.

::But Taz didn't say anything, just returning a quick nod. Once Mncedisi, though, the girl was first to speak.::

Shandres: God! I can't believe you!

::Roshanara held up both her hands, upturned and shrugged.::

Rahman: What?

Shandres: I finally make some friends, and you find a way to scare them off.

Rahman: I did *not* scare her off! And if you're so worried about that, what are you doing here instead of your own quarters?

::As a crewman herself now, Taz had been assigned to the shared enlisted quarters below decks.::

Shandres: We wanted some privacy. Plus...

::Taz started shifting in her chair a bit.::

Shandres: ...well, I told her I could show her some special parts of the ship.

::At this, the captain crossed her arms again.::

Rahman: Uh-huh. I thought the whole point of you enlisting is you wanted to be treated just like the rest of the crew. Now, you're telling me that you're trading favors for popularity?

::Taz glared back at her "aunt."::

Shandres: It's not like that! I knew you wouldn't understand!

Rahman: What were you two watching?

::Taz suddenly became very quiet.::

Rahman: Taz.

Shandres: Nothing.

Rahman: Huh, that's strange. Because nothing seemed pretty hilarious to you both.

Shandres: ...okay, maybe I opened your inbox.

::The captain's eyes widened in disbelief.::

Rahman: Taz!

Shandres: ...and maybe we watched a video someone sent you.

::Roshanara put both hands to her face, rubbing her closed eyes, as she felt a headache coming.::

Rahman: Do you realize how many rules you've broken?

Shandres: Do you realize how easy your password is to guess?

Rahman: ::points to the door:: Get out!

::Taz quickly scurried out of the room. Roshanara would have to deal with her later. For now, though, she stepped closer to the monitor, turning it back on. A message was open: "Romulan Disruptor Pistol Field Certification." The captain pressed the play button, and her headache grew worse.::

((Later, Ready Room))

::In front of her stood Counselor Jansen Orrey, engineer Lieutenant JG Wil Ukinix, and finally chief engineer Lieutenant JG Geoffrey Teller. All were standing at attention as Roshanara sat behind her desk. She spun the desktop monitor around, and it began to play.::

Teller: ::over recording:: //This is test number twenty of Stinger, our first test with a live target.  This will serve as part of the certification record for the purposes of Security Chief Kelrods approval, so I’ve volunteered to be the...victim...dummy...guinea pig for this particular exercise.//

::As it had before when the two young crewmen had watched, the test quickly proceeded, and the four of them in the ready room all watched the chief engineer of the USS Veritas get blasted in the chest and tossed back to the floor.::

Teller: //FALLHHHASLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!//

::Once the recording stopped, Roshanara looked up at the three men.::

Rahman: I'm not going to ask what the three of you were thinking because you clearly weren't. And I'm not just talking about Mr. Teller.

Teller: Response

Orrey: Response

Ukinix: Response

Rahman: Sit down, all of you.

::Being as there were only two chairs across from the desk, that proved to be quite the puzzle for the three. There was a small couch along the wall as well, but as Lieutenant Ukinix began to glance towards it, the captain barked at him.::

Rahman: You can sit on the floor.

Ukinix: Response

::Once they were all seated, the captain looked across each of their faces.::

Rahman: That has to be one of the most reckless things I've witnessed. And I've been around for a long time, gentlemen.

Teller: Response

Orrey: Response

Ukinix: Response

Rahman: You have thirty seconds to explain to me why I shouldn't assign you all to plasma conduit scrub duty for the next six months.

Orrey: Response

Ukinix: Response

Teller: Response

TAG! TBC...