[S-UP] LTJG T'Katt Dugoras- What a save! What a trouble...

Yroc Llah

Jul 28, 2018, 2:53:32 PM7/28/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Surface, Unknown Planet ))

(OOC: I got tags mixed up it seems these last few sims so sorry to everyone for that, I think I got it all down right this time lol.)

Dugoras: oO Great...Just great...Oo

:: Several seconds ago T'Katt had been the one squaring off with the Borg foe that had appeared on the attack so suddenly. Seconds ago he had been firing his phaser and losing his self-control. Only a few seconds ago since the drone had sunk it's bladed arm into his shoulder and thrown him aside like a toy; however as he grasped at his wound and tried to sit up and as he watched his fellow officer leap into combat to save his hide, forced into a dangerous position by the Klingon/Vulcan's foolish actions, it felt like an eternity.::

:: He watched as Thoran worked to distract the Borg drone so that someone else could take it down. The man dodged out of the way with ease, delivering blows that appeared to be meant as more of an agro building tactic rather than for damage. If it hadn't been for the immense pain that was now swelling through his body T'Katt might have made a mental note to ask Thoran to spar with him some time upon witnessing his comrade's martial prowess.::

:: As they skirmished Kelrod arrived on the scene. The drone attempted to impale Thoran as it had T'Katt, fortunately, he jumped out of the way enough to avoid a direct hit but he didn't avoid it entirely. The Borgs bladed arm caught Anjar's shoulder and to T'Katt's surprise his comrade swiftly continued his attack landing another blow coupled with a kick to the back of the drones knee, the move seemed to surprise the drone as well. Thoran's last move gave Kelrod the opportunity he needed to take down the drone. The commander swiftly approached from behind and used his rifle to grab and pull the legs of the drone back so that it fell forwards with it's face to the ground. The next moment he jumped over the drone and put the barrel of his rifle to the back of its head firing a burst of shots that managed to render the drone lifeless.::

:: T'Katt had been staring into the sky after seeing the drone fall and didn't notice Thoran's movement toward him until the man dropped to his knees and laid a hand on his uninjured shoulder.::

Thoran: Lieutenant, are you all right?

:: Kelrod secured the zone and called Moonsong on his combadge.::

Kelrod: =/\= Moonsong, get down here, we need backup. Dugoras has been injured, call the Shadow to get here so we can leave asap. =/\=

Moonsong: =/\= Response =/\=

:: With his other hand, Anjar operated a tricorder to scan T'Katts injury. It wasn’t a medical tricorder but T'Katt figured it was certainly better than nothing and would help Thoran determine if there was any immediate danger. T'Katt had noticed the rate of his blood loss and from the pain, he felt he was going with the assumption that the drone had managed to miss the most vital arteries and linemates or he'd be feeling worse.::

Dugoras: I'm a fool... :: He caught some and attempted to view Thorans injury as he worked.::

Thoran: ::grins:: Yeah. Brawn isn’t the way to defeat a Borg...even if a certain Android managed to pull it off once upon a time. You’ve got to outsmart them. Strength in numbers. ::shouts to Kelrod, Moonsong, and Oracle:: He’s stable for the moment.

Kelrod: You’re lucky then!

:: T'Katt could hear the relief and anger mixed up in his commander's response and he knew full well the feelings and possible future repercussions of his actions. He didn't have any words on the matter at the moment though, so he stuck to his thoughts.::

Oracle/Moonsong: Responses

:: He had felt his anger growing harder to contain but for him to allow himself to become injured due to rash action taken out of fear and anger was the worst thing he had done since becoming an officer. And now his fellow officer had been injured due to his actions as too. They were right and he was ashamed of his lack of control and tactical thinking in this situation. At least he wasn't angry or scared anymore, just ashamed and in pain. He wasn't sure which was better yet though.::

Thoran: ::smirks:: You're one lucky son of a b!%^&, you know that? That drone could have killed you.

Dugoras: I am aware of my foolishness, and I apologize to you all for my actions. :: He looked to Kelrod as he spoke.::

Kelrod: What do they teach at the academy about the Borg now? What if instead of a blade it was a nanotube?

Dugoras: Of course not sir... I...

:: He didn't want to admit it out loud even though it was obvious. An outburst of rage is something that he hadn't succumbed to for years now and never had one resulted in such serious consequences.::

Dugoras: :: Pause:: I don't know what I was thinking... I have no excuses... and no... explanations...

Oracle/Moonsong/Thoran: Responses

:: His team had arrived quickly and the Commander was the first to address them.::

Kelrod: :: He saw Moonsong and the others arriving.:: He’s been injured with a blade. Take care of him. Thoran, with me, we need to find that device.

Oracle/Moonsong: Responses

Thoran: Response

:: T'Katt stood up slowly wincing at the sharp jolts of pain shooting through his arm and chest and made his way to his comrades and the Shadow.::

Kelrod: =/\= Kelrod to Shadow, provide cover. Transport Dugoras and stabilize him. =/\=

Oracle/Moonsong: Responses

:: The others followed Kelrods orders and T'Katt waited patiently unable to do much at the moment. As he waited he couldn't help but think of the moment just before the drone had reactivated. The irony of it almost made him want to laugh.::

(OOC: Instead of writing the following part of the stories conversation into T'Katt's scene directly I will use a small flashback.)

// Flashback //

( Moment's before the drone attack.)

:: T'Katt was observing the others after completing his task of preparing a working space for the team when Thoran came through on the combadge.::

Thoran: =/\= Thoran to Kelrod. I’m not seeing any signs of any other drones like our friend over there. Whatever caused his “transformation” seems to have only happened to him.=/\=

Kelrod: =/\= Good, normal Borg are bad enough as to have unknown modified ones rambling in the past of an inhabited planet. ::

Moonsong: Response...

Dugoras: =/\= Agreed Commander... =/\= oO The last thing I want is to deal with the Borg face to face period. That level of danger and stress... Best I stay back and remain aware and ready to aid the others. Oo

:: Only second's after the talking had silenced and T'Katt had finished his thought, a sound came from behind him. The sound of metal scraping against metal.::

// End Flashback //

TAG/TBC

Counselor

USS Veritas NCC-95035