[DE] LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Amber stained."

Deliera Jay

Nov 13, 2017, 7:18:11 PM11/13/17
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Brig, IKS Dennas))

Ryan: Response?

Sepek: They can't do this can they?

Blake: Unfortunately, the Klingon Defense Force have the same right to be here as we do. They have territory in the Shoals as well. They probably have their own equivalent to our Operation Safe Harbor, too.

::And Klingons didn't like to knock before attending to crime scenes. This also marked the first time Veritas had spent this long in the vicinity of a KDF vessel.::

Ryan: Response?

::She would have responded, but their new Klingon friend walked up to their cell. Thankfully, he didn't enter it, instead opting to stand on the other side of the forcefield.::

Roqeth: Where did you grow this stock?

Sepek: We didn't grow it.

Ryan: Response?

Roqeth: Then whom do you supply?

Sepek: We don't supply anyone.

Ryan: Response?

::The Klingon shook his head in anger, huffing through the whisps of hair above his lip and beginning to pace.::

Roqeth: You will find your time aboard this vessel more *pleasant* if you began to cooperate. You are, after all, our *allies*. ::He glanced at Blake, referring to her words from earlier.:: Tell me what I want to know, I'm sure the Empire will provide you a reasonable trial.

Sepek: We are with Starfleet, and when we arrived we found felicium on the station. We were in the process of properly securing the narcotics to dispose of them

::Sky turned her head to glance at her Vulcan crewmate with a slight grin.::

Ryan: Response?

Roqeth: HA! Quiet Vulcan you obviously don't know anything.

::The young Lieutenant jumped up, now face to face with the Klingon. There was a moment, just a few seconds where she feared the Vulcan would snap under pressure, the mans hands shaking as he stood there. Roqeth, after the few moments of silence, only laughed.

::And with a strength her bondmate would have found impressive, Sepek simply sat down.::

Ryan: Response?

::The Klingon slammed his fist against the forcefield.::

Roqeth: Ok, one more time. Where did you grow this stock?

Ryan: Response?

Roqeth: Whom do you supply?

oO That does it. Oo

::The Brekkazoid stood. Despite her amber blood now having stained parts of her face and hands, with dark circles surrounding her eyes as evidence of a rather broken nose, she standing at the forcefield in front of their Klingon captor. Worst case scenario, she'd get another fist to the face.::

Blake: You want to know who we supply? Call our *captain*.

::The Klingon all but glared at the group, opting to avoid her demand with a snarl and stormed out of the brig. She gave a quiet breath of relief.::

Blake: The Klingons respect family lines. Rahman . . . ::Sky swallowed.:: Rahman "has an ancestor" that saved a Klingon chancellor - there's no way they'll ignore her or fire upon Veritas with her aboard.

Ryan/Sepek: Response?

::She glanced at their Vulcan crewmember, her voice softer.::

Blake: It's Klingon arrogance. Don't let him rattle you.

Ryan/Sepek: Response?

((Minutes later))

::Evidently, the Venture's trip back through time had apparently given Rahman enough lee-way for proper communication with this Klingon crew - the Trill captain strode through the doors of the Brig with Tuk and an unfamiliar officer. Just a look from Rahman had the Klingons scrambling to shut off the forcefield. Despite almost everyone else towering over her meager height, Rahman was holding herself like she was the tallest one in the room.::

Rahman: Ensign Slater, Lieutenant Tuk, check on their condition.

Slater: Right away, sir.

Tuk: Response?

::The captain joined them, moving directly to Sky and Ryan.::

Rahman: Have they been treating you all right?

::Sky blinked, wiping her lip once more with a wince of pain as she stood, thankful her nose had almost completely stopped bleeding. Her jacket had been removed to wipe her hands, but they'd been properly stained amber, the jacket tossed into the corner.

::"Have they been treating you all right?"::

Blake:::sarcastically:: Like honored guests.

Ryan: Response?

Rahman: It's all right. We're getting you out of here.

::The captain turned back to Roqeth and another Klingon she was unfamiliar with.::

Rahman: From now on, we'll be working together with the Klingons on this investigation. It seems they are equally invested in finding out the source of the felicium and who's behind it.

Ryan: Response?

Sepek: Response?

Tuk: Response?

::She nodded to their unconscious civilian engineer.::

Rahman: How's that other man?

Ryan: Response?

Rahman: Go ahead and beam back to Veritas to treat him.

Ryan: Response?

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Ranger