[WB-B, C] Ensign T'Katt Dugoras- Bones in a closet

Yroc Llah

Apr 25, 2018, 2:02:49 PM4/25/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Main Bridge, Derilect Warbird))

Dugoras: Commander I am not sure what I'm reading it's a very obscure and feint sign but these bodies may have traces of a bacterial or viral infection we may want to keep our masks on until we figure out this puzzle.

:: Evan crossed his arms over his chest as he looked to the helmeted Romulan man. T'Katt noticed the commander was in some way uncomfortable with the sight of the man. ::

Delano: Agreed.

:: He raised his voice so Mint and Wrader could here. ::

Delano: Standing orders until I say otherwise, gentleman. Keep your rebreathers on at all times and let me know immediately if you start to feel… strange in any way.

Dugoras: :: Matching the commander's volume:: And avoid making contact with the bodies or any unknown substances without a protective layer.

Mint/Wrader: Responses

Delano: We don’t know if we’re dealing with some kind of contagion, but I don’t want to take any chances. I’ll send that information to the other away teams as well.

:: T'Katt waited for the commander and the others to finish talking, he was curious to see the reactions from them all as they discussed a possible contagion risk.::

Mint/Wrader: Responses

Delano: What’s your status? Any chance of restoring power to any ship’s systems?

Wrader/Mint: Response

Delano: What about crew logs? Can we get access?

Mint/Wrader: Responses

:: T'Katt tried adjusting his tricorder and scanning the body a few more times as they talked but still couldn't seem to manage a solid reading. Whatever was being detected was so very faint the equipment couldn't pick it out.::

oO I wonder what kind of scanning equipment they have in this vessels sickbay. Oo

Delano: Very well, keep me posted.

:: T'Katt observed the commander as he turned his attention back to him. ::

Delano: Are you trained in field medicine, Ensign?

:: T'Katt found the question amusing for two reasons. The first was that he felt he was certainly more qualified to be in sickbay rather than in someone's head and the second being that the question itself reminded him of when he had met Lieutenant Skyfire.::

Dugoras: Yes sir, the majority of my expertise is in medical practice followed by security and combat.

Delano: I’m just wondering if there’s anything in your medkit you can give us to boost our immune systems. Minimize the chance of some kind of infection.

Dugoras: I do indeed, I was about to request you all allow me to administer a dosage before exploring any other rooms or decks of this ship.

:: In addition to the standard vaccinations in his medical kit, he had begun developing an experimental vaccination compound. T'Katt was quite proud of his vaccination compound; he had developed it after his final exam in the academy. In that exam, they had dealt with a scenario in which a cure based on rapid genetic adaptation for a stronger and controlled antibody response had been partially developed for a unique situation. After that exam he had researched the many forms of such compounds and combining his research he formulated a compound that could potentially adapt to vaccinate a vast variety of disease among the races whose genetics had decent strength and adaptation capabilities. Combining his compound with the standard vaccination injection had proved to be successful in his simulations among all known races that met the requirements and the live test he performed on himself; though it was a small and quick test with a non-life-threatening and known virus.::

oO It's still in the trial phase though so I can't use that yet... Oo

Delano: And, I suppose we should be sure to wear gloves when we move these bodies.

Dugoras: Yes sir.

Delano: OK. Well, let’s stick to our original plan for now. Let’s finish our scans.

Dugoras: Very good.

:: T'Katt and the commander focused their attention on the only remaining body to be inspected. The two of them found the body was a female Romulan whose rank was the equivalent of a Starfleet unenlisted officer. There was no indication of the woman’s job, but they did find signs of plasma burns on her right arm, the damage had most likely been caused predeath as it showed at least a couple weeks worth of healing.::

Delano: Any further sign of contamination?

Dugoras: :: Checking his tricorder again:: Inconclusive, though I would say yes.

:: He showed the commander his tricorder which was getting very slight periodic readings, even weaker than the previous body's scans.::

Delano: Do you think it’s safe to move them, or should we leave them be for now?

Dugoras: I think we should find a cool vacant space to move them to, they are in the way and a hazard in close proximity, as long as we are careful not to damage the bodies and wear proper gloves we should be fine.

Delano: Response

:: T'Katt opened his side bag and pulled out his medical kit. From his kit, he retrieved a hypospray as well as two pairs of medical gloves for himself and the commander. After handing Evan a pair of gloves and giving him a standard vaccination dosage from the hypospray T'Katt made his way over to the others and administered them the standard vaccination; once the others had been taken care of he then vaccinated himself.::

:: T'Katt repacked his side bag then he and Evan carefully gathered the bodies and moved them next to the door in preparation of moving them to a new room and to get them out of the others way. T'Katt then quickly retrieved his sample gear from his medical kit and scrapped some of the flesh from the body that had been in the chair into his vial.::

:: The door to the bridge hadn't fully closed after their entry and T'Katt used his strength to force it open some more. He stood in the doorway peering down the dark corridor's trying to decide which way to go listening to the Commander and the other's as they talked.::

Delano/Wrader/Mint: Possible Responses/Discussion

(OOC: I added this part in case the others had details after the conversation above but before T'Katt and Commander Delano leave to explore nearby rooms. If I need to adjust things or reply to anything in this scene it won't be a problem.)

(( Corridor, Derilect Warbird ))

:: Once everyone was ready to proceed with their respective tasks Evan joined T'Katt in the corridor. The commander decided which way to go and they proceeded down the corridor at a moderately slow pace examining the walls and bulkheads as they passed by. Soon they came across a section that had four doors two on either side of the corridor. T'Katt was very unfamiliar with the design of this ship and wasn't sure what to expect behind the doors as the two positioned themselves in front of them.::

Dugoras: My tricorder is picking up nothing from these doors sir.

Delano: Response

:: T'Katt nodded and his brow wrinkled some as he grasped the first door and pulled it open manually. The room was small and packed with terminals with a large monitor on its far wall and a table placed in its center. With his field of vision blocked by the table and a few terminals, he decided to draw his phaser before entering as a precautionary measure. As he proceeded into the room the commander followed behind him. Other than similar lighting this room had no power running to it, unlike the bridge, not a single terminal nor the monitor seemed to have power.::

:: T'Katt attempted to access a terminal as he passed it by.::

oO I wonder if the rigged terminals and equipment on the bridge were rerouting power from the other facilities on this deck to the bridge only. Oo

Delano: Response

Dugoras: Agreed, unless we can get power from the engineering deck to the rest of the ship.

Delano: Response

:: After determining the room was empty other than the currently useless equipment inside they proceed to check the other rooms, the next two had no power running to them and contained only terminals, tables and monitors as the first had. As they approached the last door T'Katt found it was jammed. The others he had managed to pull open with little effort, this last door he put all his strength into and only opened it about an inch before the door stopped roughly.::

Dugoras: :: Turning to Evan:: I am not sure I can open this door alone if it will open at all.

Delano: Response

:: Together they put all their strength into opening the door and only managed to open it just wide enough for one person at a time to squeeze through. Side by side they both peered into the room. It was like the others accept this one's monitor was destroyed its table flipped to one side of the room with a chair set in its place another corpse sitting in it. This one had similar preservation to that of the body in the chair on the bridge. Holding his phaser out T'Katt squeezed into the room first, scanning with the tricorder in his other hand. He approached the body and examined it as the commander entered the room as well. This body was not only dressed differently it was also not Romulan; it seemed to have once been Reman but now it's genetic structure was changed and degrading in a manner that was certainly unusual for the decaying process.::

Dugoras: :: Motioning to the corpse.:: This one's outfit seems more like civilian clothing or maybe a sort of workman's jumpsuit. He also died of starvation unlike the other's, in addition, this individual was once Reman but now his genetic structure has been altered, it's degraded but I would say the markers are possibly reminiscent of genetic enhancement and augmentation.

Delano: Response

:: As the commander responded to him T'Katt retrieved his sample gear again and took a sample from the new body. He also studied the body closely, this individual was still holding a weapon of some sort and was facing the door.::

oO Defending from an attack perhaps, did this person lock himself in here or was he locked in by someone else? Oo

Dugoras: Unless I get these sample's to better scanning equipment or find some sort of data onboard about these reading's I am not sure I can really learn much more.

Delano: Response

(OOC: Not trying move to fast just due to work on the farm and supply runs that need done I am not sure I will be able to post in the next 2-3 days so I wanted to get this sim I had written yesterday/today out while I can. As stated before if I need to adjust or change anything later I will just let me know.)

TAG/TBC

Ensign T'Katt Dugoras

Counselor

USS Veritas NCC-95035