[SL] LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Vague Vulcan Understandings."

Deliera Jay

Dec 28, 2016, 10:26:44 AM12/28/16
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Science Lab 1))

::Once they'd gotten T'Dara into the capable hands of Doctor Ryan, and with nothing more Sky herself could do, she pulled away, taking her tricorder and murmuring something about being in the science lab - this particular one having been outfitted with forensic equipment. It'd come in handy from time to time.::

Blake: So someone sliced the primary power circuits, which I assume fried the security systems, and then relied on the secondary failing at the exact moment they begun their attack.

Walker: Response?

Blake: Tricorder says that there's nothing left to indicate a suspect - likely no thanks to our friends in the Marshals.

::She sighed.::

Walker/Greyson: Response?

Blake: They're not usually this uncooperative - they knew we were coming back. Zhou made it clear to them that we were coming back whether they liked it or not. Shadow's Edge marshals just . . . seem more difficult to handle. If I didn't know any better, maybe I would consider the Marshals being involved in all this.

Walker/Greyson: Response?

::She turned to the lieutenant.::

Blake: Did the security systems come up with something more fruitful?

Greyson: Response?

Blake: I don't suppose there was an indication of a suspect of any kind?

Greyson: Response?

::The XO put her hands on her hips, beginning a slow pace around the circular holographic display of the sliced circuitry that had downed one of their own - accident or not - and begun thinking out loud.::

Blake: The Marshals reported to Starfleet a possible connection to the Reya-Laialara - a Vulcan group. Captain Rahman is looking into that. But do we have evidence here of a connection to them?

Greyson/Walker: Response?

Blake: I know the typical Vulcan mindset intimately - which the Reya-Laialara don't share. If I was leading an investigation into potential suspects, I'd support a Vulcan being capable of this, simply because of how clean this all is.

::She could imagine Sabor pulling something like this off with an eerie efficiency. But there was a problem with this - Sabor didn't follow the Reya-Laialara belief. He'd likely had never heard of it during his lifetime - it was never part of his thoughts, never mentioned to her, and despite his siblings choices to express and feel unconditionally, Syb and Veusa had never mentioned nor likely followed their path either. Despite being bonded to the most emotionally infuriating woman he could find, despite his occasional snap (often her fault, she remembered), logic still controlled her bond-mate's mental state.

::What logic was there in killing a Starfleet captain, and attempted murder upon the leader of a colony out in the middle of nowhere? Or was she thinking too much like a hopeful Brekkian? Given the choice between Brekka's current state of societal disrepair and the Federation's cliquish nature, Sky would always choose the Federation. Always.

::And given the choice between whatever these attackers hoped to accomplish and stability, she would personally guarantee that Sabor would have always chosen stability.::

Greyson/Walker: Response?

::They were interrupted by the doors opening, revealing one Ensign T'Dara and Doctor Ryan.::

Blake: The ensign lives.

Greyson/Walker/T'Dara: Response?

Blake:::with a cheek smile:: Is she cleared for duty, doctor? Or should I consider confining her to quarters?

::Not that she would anyway. Even if the green-haired ensign required light duties, Sky had an all-hands-on-deck philosophy. Besides, confinement to quarters was a protocol she wasn't exactly clear on the repercussions of if used improperly.::

Ryan: Response?

T'Dara: Response?

Blake: The more insight, the merrier I say. Would you like to join us, Doctor?

Ryan: Response?

::Sky leaned against a console, listening into a status update from the others and potential leads and evidence being examined.::

Walker/Greyson/T'Dara: Response?

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Executive Officer