[V-CR/CRR] JP: Lt Rosek, LtCmdr Walker, and Capt Rahman: Tempestuous Trio (Part 2)

Lieutenant Lael Rosek

Aug 15, 2017, 12:43:47 PM8/15/17
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Conference Room, USS Veritas))

Rahman: Commander Walker, I can forgive Lieutenant Rosek somewhat as she is still becoming acquainted with this ship and my expectations. ::beat:: You, however, know them intimately.

:: She nodded with the Captain, but had a slightly different expectation in mind. It wasn’t fair to the Captain, the situation had been poorly handled by all involved and she needed to make that clear.  But at the same time, she felt the need to protect her people.   ::

Walker: Yes Captain, I do.

Rahman: Fortunately, you caught yourself at the end, but the entire exchange went far longer than it should have.

Walker: I completely agree Captain.

Rahman: You are my chief engineer. Which means you not only set an example for your staff but also the other department heads and as an ambassador for your department to the rest of the crew. Am I correct in assuming you are here at this briefing without authorization from Dr. Ryan?

:: NOW she winced.  The phrasing used was more than enough to box her in.  Much as she’d want to argue it, the best she could manage was… ::

Walker: I can confirm that she didn’t tell me NOT to leave.

Rahman: Is it your intention to undermine Dr. Ryan’s authority as chief medical officer of this ship?

oO “Captain, our moral high ground is being decimated!  One more attack like that, and we’re through!”  Oo

:: She sighed softly and shook her head. ::

Walker: No Captain, of course not.

Rahman: If, say, a medical officer decided to ignore your shipwide directive not to use a piece of equipment taken offline for maintenance, I imagine you’d be equally frustrated. I know I would be back when I was a chief engineer, and more importantly, I’d be frustrated now as captain that one of my departments isn’t respecting the other’s domain. ::beat:: I *am* frustrated.

:: She still wanted to raise a point,  but in terms of her escape from sickbay, Luna knew she was completely outflanked.  ::

Walker: And on that point you have every right to be.

Rahman: Then you will be returning to sickbay with me to see the good doctor, and we’ll see what she says about you being released ahead of schedule to assist with our efforts.

Walker: Yes Ma’am.

::She took another glance between the two women and leaned forward slightly.::

Rahman: I don’t know if you two have a previous history together that I should be aware of, but whatever is between you two--or in the process of building between you two--drop it now. We don’t have time for this nonsense. It’s a small ship, and you’ll be working closely together for many more missions to come.

Rosek: ::nods sharply:: You have my word, ma’am. And my sincerest apologies for overstepping my bounds. I will be more prudent in the future.

:: Luna took a deep breath.  Both to center herself and to order her thoughts. ::

Walker: Captain.  My inappropriate escape from sickbay notwithstanding, I feel I must disagree with part of what you’d said.

::Roshanara raised her eyebrow at the other woman and interlocked her fingers as she listened. She doubted Walker was hoping for a trip out the nearest airlock, so she waited to be sure.::

TBC…

A JP By

Lieutenant Lael Rosek, Eng.D.
Engineering Officer, USS Veritas