[V-XOO] Dr. Skyfire + LtCmdr Mei'konda: A Certain Resemblance Part 2

Mei'konda

Sep 20, 2017, 12:44:51 AM9/20/17
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas

(( XO’s Office, USS Veritas ))

:: Mei’konda cracked a grin, after that.  Leaning back in his seat and steepling his clawed fingers together, he nodded approvingly. ::

Mei’konda: Commander Blair?  Congraatulations, Doctor.  He’s an exceptiional officer, and from what I can tell, a good maan.  I’m not sure we all would have made it up from the away mission in the miines of Antor II if it wasn’t for his technicaal skills.

:: The Caitian paused. ::

Mei’konda: Though, I’m suure that’s not all you see in him.  I’m sure that Lieutenant Delano can arraange for you to both shaare a larger room if you’d prefer.  That’s what Evan and I did.

:: Chythar understood the concept of familial dwellings, to an extent. Lael had her ward, undoubtedly Tobian would likely be returning to Starfleet at some point when he got done with whatever he was doing on Betazed, but CD didn’t quite understand how it applied to him in this case. ::

Skyfire: Come again?

:: Nodding his head a couple of times, Mei’konda elaborated. ::

Mei’konda: Well, as you know, faamilies are allowed larger dwellings aboard starships.  Speaking as a former operations officer, it actually saaves resources over having two senior officers occupying two sepaarate quarters.

Skyfire: That makes complete sense. Ah’ll be sure tae make Lt. Delano aware of it when we’re done here. :: He continued running his fingers over the pressed metal around his neck, but kept his gaze on the Caitian officer as he waited for the next point of discussion. ::

:: And with that, Mei’konda rose to his feet, and inclined his head toward the bearded human.  He also offered a hand. ::

Mei’konda: Very well then, Doctor.  Is there anythiing else I can do for you?

:: Chythar shook his head before following suit, taking the Catian’s paw into his hand and giving it a firm shake. ::

Skyfire: Nae at the moment, Commander. Pleasure tae be servin’ with you again, sir.

:: Mei’konda gave the Doctor’s hand a squeeze and a shake, and nodded once more toward the other man. ::

Mei’konda: And it’s a pleassure to serve with you again as well, Doctor.  Have a good evening.

:: Once he was dismissed, he made his way out of the room and typed out a brief note to Lt. Delano. ::

//

To: Lieutenant Evan Delano, Operations

From: Dr. C. Skyfire, Medical

Pleasure to be serving with you again, Evan. Wondering if you could switch my quarters from their current location on deck four, sectiion fifteen, cabin one to a family unit of some sort with Commander Alex Blair. I’m also looking forward to those meditation lessons we talked about.

CD

//

:: Once the note was typed, he made his way to Greywin’s quarters to retrieve Devlin. It was a good thing he hadn’t unpacked, or really arranged his plants in his present quarters, which would hopefully be merged with Alex’s sometime in the near-ish future. ::

===
Lieutenant Chythar Skyfire, MD
Medical Officer
USS Veritas NCC-95035