[V-RR] Captain Rahman: The Never-ending Pursuit

richyulin

Aug 12, 2017, 12:40:40 PM8/12/17
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
(OOC: This takes place after the briefing.)

((Ready Room, USS Veritas))

::Having returned to the small confines of her ready room, Roshanara took a deep breath once the doors slid behind her. On her desk, a small box caught her attention.::

Rahman: oO Of course. Oo

::In the haste of the crisis, she hadn’t been able to prepare for a formal ceremony—nor would it seem appropriate with the governor and situation at hand. But her yeoman had ensured everything was there now sitting on her desk.::

::She tapped her combadge.::

Rahman: =/\= Rahman to Sepek. =/\=

Sepek: =/\= RESPONSE =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Ensign, please report to my ready room. It will only be a moment. =/\=

Sepek: =/\= RESPONSE =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Thank you. =/\=

::A few minutes later, and the young Vulcan/Human hybrid was at her door.::

Rahman: Come in, ensign.

Sepek: RESPONSE

::She gestured for him to step forward as she stood up from her chair and made her way around the small desk separating them.::

Rahman: I won’t keep you long from Lieutenant Delano. I did, however, want to address something now rather than later.

::She dipped her chin slightly, looking up towards him.::

Rahman: It is of utmost importance.

Sepek: RESPONSE

Rahman: I’d like to talk about your performance, ensign. You’ve had a bit of time now to settle aboard and see what life is like outside of the classroom. Any immediate reflections?

Sepek: RESPONSE

::She nodded.::

Rahman: There is always something new to learn. When I was a cadet, I would look at the fourth years and think one day I’d reach there and feel fully prepared. That my education to become a Starfleet officer would feel—not finished but certainly more complete than what I started with. And then you get that first ensign’s pip, and you realize the academy was just the beginning. And I’d look at those officers with several more pips on their collar and think, one day I’d reach there and feel at least more prepared than I did with one pip on my collar.

::And yet it never ended. There was always one more goal post, one more marker left just over the horizon that supposedly promised when she'd feel "done." Senior engineering officer. Lead researcher. Assistant Chief Engineer. Chief Engineer. First Officer. Captain.::

Sepek: RESPONSE

Rahman: Well, you’ll just have to discover whether that’s true or not for yourself, lieutenant.

::She grinned and then reached over and grabbed the box, opening it to take the second hollow pip she was about to add to his collar.::

Rahman: Ensign Sepek, for your exemplary performance in your duties as science officer aboard this vessel, I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade.

::She leaned in as she clasped the second pip onto his collar before taking a step back.::

Rahman: Congratulations.

Sepek: RESPONSE

TAG! TBC…

Captain Roshanara Rahman