JP Lt Orrey & Lt JG Ukinix - Notes for the Future [Part 1]

Danny Lee

May 7, 2019, 8:38:22 AM5/7/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(OOC: This occurs before the bombing in Paris)

((Counselor’s Office, Deck 6 - USS Veritas))

Ukinix: oO At least it’s not Deck 4. Oo

::Wil pressed the door chime outside Counsellor Orrey’s office.::

Orrey: Enter.

::Wil walked in, PADD in hand.::

Ukinix: Hey Counsellor, good to see you.  How’ve you been?

Orrey: Alright. Why don’t you have a seat.

Ukinix: Oh - um ::scanning the room:: - hey that bunch of pillows looks comfortable.

Orrey: So what is it that has you so urgent to see me?

::Wil walked over to the corner with the pillows, and jumped in the air, with the intent of landing on the pillows laterally.  He succeeded - but also discovered that even though the pillows were quite big, they weren’t padded enough to cushion him from the small bruise he was now going to get on his rear end.

Wil chuckled, and screwed up his nose.::

Ukinix:  ::Chuckling:: That’ll teach me.

Orrey: ::smirking:: Are you at least alright?

Ukinix: ::Laughing harder at himself:: Yeah, fine.  Just don’t tell anyone.

Orrey: ::waving his hand and sitting on the pillows as well.:: Secret is safe with me.

::Wil sat up, his rear end smarting a little.::

Ukinix: Well, while I’m here we may as well make this my “official” counselling checkup session.

Orrey: Yes, you haven’t had one yet, just like you failed to mention you were just a pinch empathic, hmm?

Ukinix: Ah, yeaahhh… ::Sheepishly:: I *maybe* didn’t mention that part on Limbo in the mess tent? ::Shrugging:: E4.  But that’s a conversation for another day.

Orrey: ::settling back:: So then what is the conversation for today?

Ukinix:  Near the end of our last shore leave, Sky contacted me and told me about rumours about my name.  My family name I mean.

::Wil explained the conversation he had with Sky while she was on Betazed, and his subsequent discussion with his Grandfather - where he revealed he was an “ex” Betazed Noble.::

Orrey: I see, very fascinating.

Ukinix: Oh, it was.  ::Nodding:: But, I accepted it.  Fundamentally, it doesn’t change anything about my family.  Eventually I found it kind of funny to be honest.  But then - well, this tells the story.

::Wil handed over his PADD to Orrey, containing the message regarding Vaxa Ral/Ukinix.::

Ukinix: I just - I dunno.  ::Shrugging, shaking his head::  Mate I really don’t know what to think.

Orrey: ::looking up as he finishes reading:: I see… ::handing the PADD back.:: That is a lot to suddenly drop in your lap, isn’t it?

Ukinix: I’m just deciding whether or not to let it fall through my lap.

Orrey: Why do you think she is reaching out to you instead of your grandparents directly?

Ukinix: Well, she says she tried contacting Grandpa, but she was “unsuccessful”.  Whatever that means. ::Hand on chin:: It probably means Grandpa either ignored it.  *Or* ::raising eyebrows:: she couldn’t find a way to get in touch with him.  Maybe it was easier for her to successfully contact a Starfleet officer once she got her hands on my details.

Orrey: If you can get in the database, it is easy to find us. But it is nice, in a way to find family isn’t it?

Ukinix: Well in a way it’s good, I can let Grandpa know about his sister.  It sounds pretty serious.

Orrey: It does indeed actually. ::sitting back on the pillows.::

Ukinix: I get the impression Keehani wants me to convince Gran to help Grandpa’s sister out.

Orrey: Betazoid politics are….::rolling his head side to side:: complex at the best. Especially when it comes to the houses.

Ukinix: ::Shaking his head:: In my family - in fact, at home in general - we’re apathetic towards politics. ::Cheekily:: And aristocratic class systems.  ::Raising eyebrows:: Now I know why.

Lieutenant Jansen Orrey

Counselor

USS Veritas

O238506JO0