Ensign Wil Ukinix - A pinch of technobabble

5 مرّات مشاهدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

Danny Lee

غير مقروءة،
26‏/02‏/2019، 6:42:52 ص26‏/2‏/2019
إلى sb118-...@googlegroups.com

// Personal Log, Ensign Wil Ukinix. Stardate 239602.20 //

// Ah, stuff it.  I’m going back to work. //

((Main Engineering, USS Veritas))

Ukinix: Excuse me, uh – have you seen Lieutenant Teller around?

::The large male yard worker was tightening a coupling with his hyperspanner.  He turned briefly to look at Wil, but then turned back to continue his task.::

Yard Worker: Yeah.

::Then there was silence.  Wil could sense the man’s apathy.  Wil put the cardboard box he had in his hands down in a corner of engineering, and then walked back towards the yard worker.::

Ukinix: Um – great.  Could you tell me where he is?

::The yard worker, without looking up, randomly pointed over his shoulder with his thumb.::

Yard Worker: Jeffries tube.

::As Wil nodded at that slightly more useful piece of information, the yard worker crouched down to tighten a power relay that was lower down on the wall.  A hint – well, that was an understatement – of the gentleman’s gap at the top of his buttocks protruded out of the top of his work trousers.  Wil unfortunately got an idea of how hairy the man was at that point.

Wil stretched out his arm, and then bent his hand at 90 degrees – to block the “view”.  Wil turned his head slightly to look away, as he enquired further.::

Ukinix: Thanks.  Could you tell me which Jeffries Tube?

::The yard worker simply looked over his shoulder, without looking at Wil.::

Yard Worker:  You got a commbadge mate, bloody use it.

::Wil nodded, unsurprised at the man’s reaction.  At least he knew which continent of Earth the yard worker was from.  Given his character, Wil even thought he could guess exactly where in that continent the man was from.::

Ukinix: Are you from Adelaide by any chance?  Earth Adelaide, I mean.

::The yard worker took a few seconds, before responding – without taking his eyes off what he was doing.::

Yard Worker: Nup.

::Wil held out his palms slightly, before lightly slapping them against his thighs in exasperation.  He took a few paces away from his new “friend”, and tapped his commbadge.::

Ukinix: =/\= Ukinix to Teller.  Um – surprise. =/\=

Teller: =/\= Response =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= A combination being bored at home and getting excited about being an actual star ship engineer. =/\=

Teller: =/\= Response =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Where are you? =/\=

Teller: =/\= Response =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= OK, first I’ll do an isometric scan of those new phase inverters, then I’ve got to head up to the Captain’s ready room for a bit.  =/\=

Teller: =/\= Response =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Understood Chief.  See you in about 15.  Ukinix out. =/\=

::Wil walked back towards the cardboard box, picked it up with both hands, and then walked out of engineering towards the turbolift.::

Tags!

Ensign Wil Ukinix

Engineering Officer

USS Veritas