Jhalib Ekal, "The tragic ending of the family Blake." (Part 1)

Deliera Jay

Oct 29, 2018, 7:59:30 AM10/29/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Cait))

::When Ayden Blake stormed into his apartment, he did so as though he were a lightening storm, interrupting the lunch his daughter was having with his fiance. Inconsolable and moving too quickly for them to catch, he was refusing them answers to what had caused this sudden rash and abnormal behavior. But whatever had happened, it was clear that it was bad, and immediately threatening.::

Blake: Nairen, pack your things. Get out of the quadrant - go to Duronis. Parker and Eislas can protect you.

Nairen: Protect me- protect me from *what*? *What is going on*?!

::The man was racing around the apartment, his fiance and daughter trying to keep up with him as he tore the place apart for supplies, clothing, equipment, and anything else he’d find useful. On the way here, he’d managed to get word to Tiberious Parker to expect Nairen - and perhaps someone *else* attempting to threaten her (the worst case scenario). Thankfully, the Terran had asked no questions as to why - just a stern affirmative and a promise to keep her safe.::

Blake: I don’t have time to explain.

Merce: Then *make some*, Siala!

Nairen: Just tell me what’s going on!

::He stopped, approaching the two, placing a hands on Nairen’s cheeks, thumbs grazing lightly over the first ridge leading along to her ears. He didn’t have words - he couldn’t come up with reasonable explanations, things she could understand.::

::The vulcanoid swallowed.::

Blake: I can’t.

Nairen: Dad-

Blake: No, sweet, just listen to me, okay? Just listen. ::His hands rested on her shoulders.:: You, and your father - you are everything to me. I’ve messed up - I put you both in danger, because for years I thought I was on the right side, that I was- that I was doing the right thing. But in reality, I was just answering to people who think they know better, who have no real oversight or anyone to tell them that their choices are the wrong ones. I don’t expect you to understand what I’m saying, and I don’t expect you to forgive me for what I’m about to do.

::He pulled her close to him, wrapping his arms around her tightly. His Mazarite daughter - she could take care of herself, that much he was sure of, but he’d forever be concerned for her safety, never moreso than he is today. Duronis II was the safest place he could come up with on short notice - very obviously in the public eye thanks to Caslo Eislas, high protection thanks to Parker. The place had repelled so many Romulan attacks over the last few decades, it was now a fortress all in itself.::

Blake: I love you. More than you can ever know.

Nairen: I love you, too.

Blake: Please. Go to Eislas, get involved in the politics. Get your works published - do everything you've always wanted to do. But most importantly? Stay in the public eye.

::She nodded into his shoulder.::

Nairen: Okay.

Blake: Go. Go now. Take the next transport out of here.

::And she left his arms, pulling her bag off the bench and bolting out the front door without a second glance to her parents.

::Her father, however, remained frozen in his position, trying to comprehend everything that was happening.::

Merce: You just sent our daughter to Duronis.

::Ayden took a deep breath, thinking but not truly processing what had just happened.

::His ties to Eislas and Vataix hadn’t been as useful as he thought they would have been in the past, but now, they were proving to be a life saving tactic. The politics behind the Twentieth House of Betazed hadn’t interested him in the slightest, and he’d given it about as much thought as his mother had before him. With Ilakai’s death, the House had been in chaos for nearly a century now.

::But they could help keep Merce and Nairen safe - Caslo had reason to. Ayden was one of the last of the Vataix line - the Eleventh House had been all but wiped from the map, lost to slavery or death. Seri Polgonz had reason to keep Nairen safe if she intended to preserve the noble houses for as long as possible - she needed to, for morale’s sake.::

Blake: You’re my consort. ::His eyes flickered back up to him.:: You’re going, too.

Tbc . . .

Jhalib Ekal
C238803SB0

This sim takes place in 2491.