Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek: The Things I Do To Support My Friends...Part III

Lael Rosek

Sep 3, 2018, 2:38:40 AM9/3/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Officer's Mess, USS Veritas))

::The group gathered their ribbons and Anjar returned to her side, holding two boxes, grinning like an idiot. She smirked, elbowing him playfully in the ribs.::

Rosek: Earth to Anjar. Come in, Anjar.

::He turned to her and the blush intensified when it finally clicked for him.::

Thoran: ::murmurs:: A Captain’s Commendation.

Rosek: ::smirks:: Yeah. They’re quite a thing, aren’t they. Those get you places in your career.

::Anjar opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted again by Evan speaking.::

Delano: Mr. Galven. You’re next, if you please.

::She had to fight to contain a loud, breathless laugh, instead clutching at her sides, shaking with silent laughter as surprise registered on his features. Unlike Anjar, he let his surprise show openly.::

Galven: ::stunned:: What?

::As German stumbled toward the stage, she was concerned for a moment that he might trip and fall face first at Evan’s feet. This only increased her amusement, a short, bell-like laugh escaping.::

Delano: Your determination and perseverance in helping to liberate Mary Audron from the Borg Collective was also an important part of us eliminating the Borg threat both on and off the ship. For that, you will also receive the Captain’s Commendation.

Galven: ::shocked:: Sir..

::She watched German accept the box, still clearly in shock.::

Delano: Congratulations

Galven: ::beat::Th..Thank you sir!

::Her gaze lingered briefly on German as he re-took his seat.::

Delano: Captain Rahman, would you step forward please?

Rahman: Response

::She arched an eyebrow. Captain Rahman, to her knowledge had been conspicuously absent during this last mission just as she had. It had her curious as to what exactly Evan had in mind.::

Delano: From your perspective, it must all seem like a long time ago, but I wanted to make sure you received recognition for the actions you performed as a Lieutenant Commander assisting in engineering during our battle with the Borg ship. In particular, you selfless act of volunteering to perform dangerous, off-the-cuff modifications to the ship’s deflector may well have saved all of us. As such, Admiral Washington has approved my request to honor you with the Distinguished Service Ribbon.

Rosek: ::glances at Anjar and smirks:: o0 Well, that explains a couple of things. 0o

::Her friends had been extremely vague about the details, but it seemed something about the nature of the mission had been cleared for the entire room...either that or Evan wasn’t aware that she was present tonight. But she’d gotten the invitation, so…::

Rahman: Response

::A brief exchange took place between Rahman and Evan before the captain returned to where she’d been standing.::

Delano: Finally, it’s been noted on the records of every officer who participated in the mission that you will receive both the Galactic War with the Borg Service Medal and the Defense of the Temporal Flow Ribbon.

Rosek: ::elbows Anjar and murmurs:: Hey! No fair. You have two more I don’t have.

Thoran: ::smirks:: That’ll teach you to leave the ship for long periods of time, won’t it?

Rosek: ::scowls:: Well, the mess that I came back to as far as reports and damage to my ship has already done that. ::smirks:: Last time I leave you in charge.

Thoran: ::chuckles:: You don’t mean it. ::smirks:: What would you do if I wasn’t around?

Rosek: ::smiles sweetly:: Call Carter.

::She laughed at the petulant pout on Anjar’s face before patting him on the cheek.::

Rosek: I’m only teasing. Quit looking like somebody spit in your soup.

Thoran: ::smirks and elbows her lightly:: Brat.

Rosek: ::grins and elbows him back:: Ass.

Thoran: ::chuckles:: You know you love me or you wouldn’t put up with me like you do.

Any: Responses

Delano: It’s been my privilege to serve with each of you, and to have served on this ship for the last two and a half years. Thank you for making the Veritas such a special place to call home.

Any: Responses

((OOC: Will add more with my next post.))

---

Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek
Acting Chief Engineering Office
USS Veritas NCC-95035