Lt. Ceciri Ariadust - Legacies

Koihime Nakamura

Apr 29, 2020, 5:57:55 PM4/29/20
to Veritas IC
((Some time later, on board the ship))
((Ceciri's personal quarters, USS Veritas.))

After everyone had returned to the ship and the Veritas had maneuvered out of the warp field, she had eventually been off-shift. She needed to decompress a bit, and honestly, she wasn't entirely proud of her thoughts.

Sure, every sentient was entitled to their own thoughts. And sarcasm was sometimes a stress relief. But your commanding officer was at least owed deference.

.. even if you were unsure about what exactly happened.

Ceciri sighed again, and returned to polishing the sword she had in her quarters. Like most of what she had, it was a replicated pattern of an original, kept in a lockbox somewhere.

It was a Cygnetian light sword - similar visually to the Terran sabre, but with a blue sheen from the cobalt blended into it, and a more direct tip. Like in so many planets, the blade was primarily steel, but her world was rich in cobalt. It was why the Cygnetian blood used cobalt instead of iron, leading to it's distinctive blue color.  Thankfully, due to the alloy, she could even have it onboard the ship without risking poisoning any human who handled it.

.oO Thankfully. Oo Her sword, 'Peacewinner',  was actually the sole remaining thing she had from her birth-mother, and was the sword of one of the ancestors of the k'Ariadust branch, Fefira Ariadust, who used it to defeat the last Empress of the Zalafid Dynasty, considered one of the most tyrannical empresses in Cygnetian history. This ended up the brewing civil war, and lead to the ascension of the Ariadust Regents until a new dynasty was founded.

.oO I doubt I'll do anything as notable with it. Oo. It was expected, in previous times, and even now, for traditionalist daughters to add to the legend of the sword, which would out live them as it outlived their original wielders.

Normally, she didn't worry about it. It was a more barbarous weapon, for a more turbulent age. But .. lately she had been thinking about it. She was the last scion of the k' branch, and it was clear her aunt and the greater clan wanted to set her up in a traditional marriage with another Cygnetian female. And .. she didn't know what she wanted. Another female was a given but.

Ceciri growled to herself, noting she had polished it to a sheen while she was lost in thought. She re-sheathed it in the previously oiled scabbard, placed it back on the placard, and paced in a feat of restless energy. This wasn't really helping. Maybe she should stop putting off the visit to the counselor, and so saying, she headed off to the counselor's office

((Counselor's Office, USS Veritas.))

Of course it was Orrey. Well, this wasn't going to be awkward at all.

Ariadust: Commander Orrey? I was wondering if you had a spare slot for a counseling session sometime soon.

Orrey: Response

Ceciri smiled, a bit humourlessly.

Ariadust: Well, I'm not as able to contain my irritation at things, and honestly, I've been putting this off..

Orrey: Response

TBC/TAG

Lt. Ceciri Ariadust
Helm Officer