Ensign German Galven - A Moment of Reflection

German Galven

Aug 18, 2018, 12:28:56 PM8/18/18
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
((OOC-If you want more of an experience through this sim, listen to Hurt by Johnny Cash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc ))

((Counselor's Office, USS Veritas))

:: As he made his way towards the Counselor, he looked down to see what time it was. 1305. His little spell over the blonde woman caused him to be late. So he walked faster and chimed the door to the Counselor's Office. ::

Dugoras: Please, come on in.

:: He walked in through the sliding door and introduced himself. ::

Galven: Ensign German Galven, sir. Apologies for being late.

Dugoras: Not a problem. Would you like a drink? :: T'Katt recycled his previous beverage glass and got himself a glass of water.::

Galven: A glass of water is fine.

:: T'Katt retrieved another glass and German took the glass of water and cleared his throat and started off by telling him how impressed he was when Dugoras was in Sickbay. ::

Galven: I just gotta say, the way you handled yourself while being attended to by the medical staff was very impressive. Especially for Klingons.

:: His "especially for Klingons" comment saw that Dugoras raised an eyebrow. ::

Dugoras: Thank you, ensign. Tell me do you feel Klingons are generally incapable in such areas?

Galven: ::nervous:: Well::beat::my family has a history with the race. Well, just one in particular. About 180 years ago, my great-great-grandfather was killed by a Klingon after finding a crashed shuttle. From what I remember through stories there was a trial, but nothing came out of it. He was taken away by a Klingon SAR team. So my family held a grudge and in my great great grandfather's memory, his name was kept throughout generations. I'm the fifth German Galven.

Dugoras: That's an unfortunate story. Although carrying the name of your ancestor in such a way honors his life in a fashion that many Klingons would appreciate and find honorable.

:: German didn't even know that. When he studied Xenobiology at the Academy, he never took any interest in Klingons. His family had restricted any mention of the species which made him completely ignorant of that fact about Klingon ancestory.

Galven: ::sat back in his char:: Really? I didn't even know about that.

Dugoras: How do you feel about Klingons? Don't worry you won't offend me be completely honest.

Galven: ::takes a sip of his water:: Well, not knowing anything about the race, My family and I completely disregarded Klingons.

Dugoras: And did you feel that way about me? Did the fact that I am half Vulcan affect your view of me?

:: When they both were in Sickbay, German didn't even notice that Dugoras was a Klingon, he was only impressed how much he was aware of his situation. ::

Galven: To be honest, I didn't even notice you were both. I was just impressed on how self aware you were. It wasn't till after the fact, I saw that you were. It confused me and now slowly coming to realize how ignorant I am. Now, I want to learn more about Klingons. It's fascinating to say the least.

Dugoras: I get the feeling that you and your family are close, is this true?

:: Denobulans are very family oriented. His family are definitely close, but not after what happened with Arlil. German sat back up straight in his chair. ::

Galven: We were. ::paused and looked down at his glass:: It all changed when::beat::my sister was captured by the Borg and presumably assimilated her.

Dugoras: Tell me more about her.

:: German at first was feeling a little reserved talking about his sister. He grabbed his bag and took out a picture of Arlil. He stood up to give the counselor the picture and walked over the window staring out into the open space. ::

Galven: Arlil. My family adopted her when she was a baby from a bad human history. ::raised his glass to take a sip of water still looking outside the window and pointed with his glass:: You know, how all those stars are dead planets that were destroyed many millennia ago? By carrying her picture::beat::it helps me keep her memory alive. ::pause:: Hoping that one day, I'll come across her again and save her from the Collective.

:: He wanted to get off his chest on how he presented himself with the other officers right before he severed the connection with Three of Ten and the Hive Mind. ::

Galven: Sir, there was a moment in engineering right before I destroyed the communication between the drone and the Borg. I have a feeling that when I said, "this is for Arlil, adapt to this" was shown as some sort of revenge. That wasn't the case. I was more showing the Hive Mind who they were dealing with. Galven Dane German V. ::chuckles:: Probably wasn't an effective with their weak connection.

Dugoras: Response

:: German sat back down when the counselor asked him how he felt being in the Federation and with the Veritas. ::

Galven: Fresh out of the academy, I still have much to learn. And you know what? It's exciting! ::took a sip of water and looked at it again:: This glass of water is much like space. We take it for granted. Drinkable water is purified enough that disease doesn't hurt us. ::to Dugoras:: Much like us out here in space, we are the Purifiers protecting others from harmful bacteria. As a science officer, I am committed to find the solution of any problem.

Dugoras: Response

TBC?
------
Ensign German Galven