(JP) Ensign German Galven & LTJG T'Katt Dugoras - Stress, alcohol and Women... Part 2

Visto 7 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Yroc Llah

no leída,
23 oct 2018, 19:42:0123/10/18
a sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Counselor’s Office))

::Walking through the sliding door, German waited for T’Katt to move past him. He was feeling extremely vulnerable after the captain had spoke to him about his actions during the mission. He didn’t know what to do. The last thing he said to Rahman was jarring him.::

:: First thing T’Katt did upon entering his office was head for the replicator on the wall, not only did he usually offer drinks during his sessions, he really needed a Raktajino.::

Galven: I really messed up, sir.

Dugoras: Would you like a drink? ::beat:: I’m gonna have a Raktajino.

Galven: ::nods:: I’ll have the same. ::smiles wanely::

Dugoras: So… tell me what's got you so twisted up? :: He asked as he retrieved the drinks.::

::What wasn’t in German’s mind? There was so many topics to choose from. Inside the mines, the cell, Sickbay, the Bridge, Lael, Rahman, and just his actions in general.  He hesitantly took a sip of the Raktajino and sat down in the chair behind him.::

Galven: ::chuckles weakly:: Where would you like me to start?

Dugoras: Tell me what you think started you on this path.

Galven: ::takes a heavy drink and sighs:: Well, first when the box of devices came into the science labs, I had no idea what they were. I put one on and a random hologram materialized in front of us. Then my team thought it was something I intentionally did which made them not trust me. I was getting irritated and hurt so when we were finally down in the mines, my emotions were getting the better of me because I was feeling claustrophobic. Then to make matters worse, I grabbed Lael’s hand to show her how she made me feel. With her empathic abilities, I guess I overwhelmed her which made us momentarily distracted from what we were supposed to do. Then…

::He stopped when he remembered saving Lael from the cave-in. The way they both looked at each other, so close to her. Watching her lips quiver as if they were about to kiss. Then the awkward moment when Raissa and Taz showed up. He smirked a little.::

:: T’Katt sat quietly listening to the ensigns story. He was begin to think, at first, that he may be in need of some help along the lines of behavior therapy, tests on his emotional reactions to stressful and social situations. But when he suddenly stopped speaking, seeming to have lost himself in thought T’Katt began to wonder about that assessment. Then the ensign smirked, which drew on T’Katts curiosity even more.::

Dugoras: What did you remember just now?

Galven: Have you ever been in love, T’Katt?

:: That was a rather heavy question for him to answer. He wasn’t entirely sure he was capable of such love. He had never felt drawn to anyone in that way, accept for a brief period in the academy.::

Dugoras: I think I have. ::beat:: With a friend of mine in the academy...

Galven: I think this deserves something more tasty. Perhaps some alcohol.

:: T’Katt glanced at the drinks they were holding and then back at German.::

Dugoras: Sure, synthohol only though.

::German considered that. Synthetic alcohol didn’t have the same taste and reaction to him. Sure, he dabbled in it in his youth especially in the years of the academy. But the real stuff was just too alluring. He nodded because of his comment earlier about T’Katt’s drinking habits.::

Galven: Sounds good to me, sir. Is there a synthetic concoction with a mixed flavor of different liquor?

Dugoras: I have admittedly tried many of the options available. I don’t remember the names of many but I preferred option sixteen, and thirty. ::beat:: You might enjoy forty two.

Galven: ::chuckles:: Well, forty two is the meaning of life anyways. Let’s have some!

:: T’Katt grinned slightly and stood up. He retrieved Germans glass and headed to the replicator. It was unorthodox to drink with a client, but he had read of many practices that engaged in such techniques; And once he had considered how this session had begun he assumed it would likely allow them to talk more at ease.::

Dugoras: Here we are. :: He said as he turned with the new beverages.::

::The Denobulan stood up and took his new glass. He studied it a bit and got lost in thought over how Lael made him feel. He took a heavy drink and sat back down. He looked back up at T’Katt and was slightly flustered about what or how he’d be able to talk about this. He took another drink and sat it down on the end table next to the chair.::

Galven: ::pauses:: There’s this woman, Lieutenant. She’s so::beat::amazing and beautiful. And the times we’ve had already with each other::pauses::seem to last forever. Sure, we’ve had our disagreements and arguments, but::beat::it only makes me care for her more. But…

::He stopped and grimaced over how he treated her in the mines before they were abducted. He took another heavy drink and sighed.::

:: T’Katt sipped at his drink as German shifted between deep thought and attempts to explain his thoughts and feelings. The ensign’s source of stress was not one he could relate to himself, but the level of stress was certain relatable. When the man cut off his sentence and paused for a rather long moment T’Katt choice to nudge him back into the moment.::

Dugoras: But?

Galven: My emotions got the better of me. However, talking it out loud with someone is helping me. T’Katt::beat::Thanks for hearing me out.

Dugoras: You feel calmed down now?

Galven: ::nods:: Yes, sir. Much better now. I’m going to head out now if that's okay?

:: T’Katt honestly didn’t want to release him just yet. German request was sudden, they had only begun to talk about the issues and he had received no insights from the counselor on them. With his immediate goal being the calming down of the ensign and with that goal complete T’Katt thought for a few moments.::

Dugoras: oO With him only having just calmed down, and with my intoxicated state while on shift being a factor in this situation, perhaps we should call it for now, and resume later... but soon. Oo

Dugoras: Alright we can call it for now, but I would like us to meet in the next few days to touch on these details and see how you feel then. ::beat:: I also want you to come to me the moment you feel as though your emotions are getting the best of you, no matter the time. This is an order as both your superior and your counselor, if you are on shift explain my order and I’ll take responsibility for you excusing yourself.

Galven: Wh--Yes, sir. oO Now you’re ordering me around? Oo

:: Standing up from the chair, German was feeling perturbed and walked over to the counselor and shook his hand. He was feeling somewhat a little better, but needed to connect himself on a more spiritual side. T’Katt wasn’t doing it for him. Downing the rest of his drink, he walked out through the sliding door, nodded to T’Katt and left to go head to the chapel::

:: T’Katt shook Germans hand and watched him leave his office. He then stared into the glass of synthohol in his hands. Suddenly he too felt a surge of emotion; he had done well keeping his feelings in check but now that he was alone they surfaced. He was angry at himself for drinking as he had, and he was angry that German had pointed it out because if he noticed other’s on the bridge surly did as well. He was sick of his zoning out, his headaches, and his constant self doubt. The Klingon and Vulcan hybrid stood up and threw his glass across the room smashing it on the wall. As the liquid slid down the smooth surface of the wall joining the puddle and glass on the floor below, T’Katt felt his anger subside a bit; still, he turned and left the office without cleaning the mess. He wasn’t sure where he was going but he didn’t want to be there.::

----

Ensign German Galven

Science Officer

USS Veritas NC-95035