JP - Lt JG MacKenzie & Ens Vanlith - Medical Evaluation [Part 1]

Addison MacKenzie

Jun 11, 2019, 10:56:56 AM6/11/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Outside Sickbay, USS Veritas))

::Charlena paced up and down outside Sickbay uneasy and frustrated. She knew she needed the check but it wasn't like it was something she was comfortable with. I mean the counselor hadn't been as awful as she thought it would be so maybe this would be ok. But that didn't stop the sick feeling in her stomach. She didn't think anything could stop that. Minutes had passed by this point and she probably looked insane to anyone who could see her as she finally collected herself and stepped into Sickbay.::

((Sickbay, USS Veritas))

::She locked around her taking it all in. Thankfully it didn't look exactly like the hospital from home but that didn't fill her with any sense of confidence. Just with less fear but the anxiety still controlled her motions as she took another step into the room.::

::She looked around one final time before properly entering the room. The only thing she hoped she wouldn't have to do right now was take her shoes. Right now she was 5'7" and she really didn't want to go back to her 5"2' anytime soon.::

MacKenzie: Can I help you, Ensign?

::Charlena jumped as she turned.::

Vanlith: Hi urm I'm here for urm my urm check up to report ready for duty. It's kinda late I know. ::Charlena played with her fingers and brought them up to her hair beginning to pay with that as she stood there. She was unsure of herself as she looked at the doctor in front or her.::

MacKenzie: Well, there wasn't time for us to take care of that when you first came aboard, and we’ve been on shore leave since then, so I don’t think there’s any issue in your delay. ::gesturing toward the nearest biobed:: This way, please.

::Charlena looked towards the biobed and hesitated. This wasn't exactly her most comfortable of settings and she could feel her pals sweating as she slowly moved and sat on the biobed::

::MacKenzie removed a tricorder and PADD from one of the nearby instrument carts. On the PADD, she pulled up Vanlith’s medical record and studied it briefly. Satisfied that she knew what she needed, she returned to the table where Vanlith was seated and activated her tricorder.::

MacKenzie: Anything troubling you today? Anything out of sorts?

Vanlith: Nothing that I have urm particularly noticed :: Charlena rubbed her palms against her jeans as she tried to steady her breathing.:: Sorry this urm isn't exactly my favourite place in the world. I'm guessing you know who I am but I don't think I caught your name at any point.

MacKenzie: ::MacKenzie let a small smile slip, only briefly.:: I’m Doctor MacKenzie, one of three doctors on the ship. We’re responsible for overseeing the health of the entire crew.

::MacKenzie noticed Vanlith rubbing her palms on her pants.::

MacKenzie: Are you nervous, Ensign?

Vanlith: Well I'd say a pleasure to meet you but right now it's more like an anxiety... ::Charlena chuckled nervously::

MacKenzie: Anxiety? Well, if you’re anxious about getting an exam, I promise there’s nothing involved here that isn’t part of any other medical exam you’ve had since your enlistment. So, again, anything out of the ordinary?

Vanlith: Yeah urm I can't think of any problems.

TBC…

-----

Lieutenant JG Addison MacKenzie

Medical Officer