Lt Solak - Data Analysis Transfer

Danny Lee

Dec 26, 2019, 7:54:34 AM12/26/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Deck 4, Astrometrics Lab -- USS Veritas))

Solak: There are some characteristics that are similar to the phenomenon that acted as a gateway between regular space and the void we became trapped in.  It could be a similar phenomenon that is in its infancy.

Moonsong/El Sayid: Response

Kelrod: Okay... that's scary...

Moonsong/El Sayid: Response

Solak: I agree, the results could be catastrophic.

Kelrod: If it really is something similar, with the information we've gathered from our experience we could find a way to stop it, but it's curious that something like this appeared just like that. Could this be a symptom of something larger?

Solak: It is quite possible.  However, we do not yet know how long it would take to develop into such a phenomena similar to that discovered at the Scylla pass.

Moonsong/El Sayid: Response

Kelrod: Such phenomenon on such a ::air quoting:: relative close space one to another... I find it difficult to think that it's a natural one.

Moonsong/El Sayid: Response

Solak: Computer.  Where is Captain Roshanara Rahman currently located.

Computer: Captain Rahman is currently located in the Pool area, Deck 10.

Solak collected his PADD and made his way to the exit.  On the way out, he grabbed a spare PADD that was sitting atop another console, before making his way to the turbolift.

((Pool Area, Deck 10, USS Veritas, 5 minutes later))

It didn’t take long to locate the Captain.  She was sitting in the spa, with her head back against the edge of the it, her eyes closed.

As he approached her, he thought for sure that she would hear his footsteps.  Alas, “the ghost” was unfortunately succeeding again.  The sound of his voice in situations like that would normally make people jump, so he had learned not to speak, but instead to let people hear him approaching.  He stood at the edge of spa. However, Captain Rahman still did not seem to notice him.

Logically then, he thought, the feel of him getting into the spa, and consequently causing ripples in the water, would alert her to his presence.  So, he stepped gently into the spa, and sat down, opposite Captain Rahman.

Still in his uniform.

He waited, for her to open her eyes.

But still, she didn’t notice him.

There was only one thing left to do.

Solak: Captain Rahman.

Rahman: Response

Solak: I apologize, Captain.  I did not mean to startle you.

Rahman: Response

Solak: I must bring your attention to a matter of high importance.  ::Handing over spare PADD:: The recent solar activity of the Ketarian sun has caused a spatial anomaly.

Rahman: Response

He raised an eyebrow before looking down at his uniform.

Solak: Starfleet uniforms are designed to be resilient in many different environments, including water bodies.  ::Looking back at Roshanara::  With respect Captain, I fail to see how this is unusual.

Rahman: Response

Solak: The anomaly’s effects may have significant effects on our shields and sensors.  I would advise that we maintain a safe distance from it.

Rahman: Response

To Solak, this was a matter of urgency.  He tapped away at his PADD to bring up the detailed results that he found, before hitting the “Transfer” button in the small LCARS screen.

Solak: Transferring data analysis to your PADD, Captain.

Rahman: Response

Solak: Your orders, captain?

Before Roshanara or Solak could speak any further, the Captain’s combadge that was sitting on the edge of the spa chirped.

Phan'ta'Go: =/\= Hello, Captain Roshanara Rahman, this is C'lem Phan'ta'Go, can you hear me? =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Response =/\=

Phan'ta'Go: =/\= I think there’s been a misunderstanding, can I speak to Captain Rahman, yeah? =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Response =/\=

Phan'ta'Go: =/\= Oh, sorry, I thought you were someone else.  Can you hear me? =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Response =/\=

Phan'ta'Go: =/\= Just informing you that there’s been a spatial anomaly detected as a result of the recent solar flares, Engineering recommends the Veritas keeps a safe distance. =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Response =/\=

Phan'ta'Go: =/\= Well it probably doesn’t hurt to hear it again, just to make sure. =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Response =/\=

Solak: Agreed, Captain.  I am certain that I already told you that information.  Some crew have a habit of interrupting others at the most inconvenient of times.

At that moment, the doors to the pool area opened again.  The sounds of “flap flap” could be heard, before Wil Ukinix, wearing board shorts, flip flops, a black T-shirt and an apron that read “Kiss the Cook”, walked in pulling a small grav sled with one hand, and holding a bottle of beer the other.  On the sled was a portable barbeque made from replicated parts, two large chillers, several loaves of bread, a water polo goal, and his PADD that was playing music loudly.

Ukinix’s PADD: // …. Aaaaah, I-got my-bell, I'm gonna taake you to-hell… I'm gonna get-ya, satan get-ya…. Ah Hellls be-eelllllls //

Upon seeing Solak and the back of another person’s head in the spa, he stopped the music on the PADD.

Ukinix: Solak! I’m thrilled to see you saw the invite. I made sure I got vegetarian options just in cas-

Wil stopped himself when he saw his Captain turn her head to look at him. He noticed they were both holding PADDs.

Ukinix: ::Smiling:: Captain Rahman!  In the spa.  ::Puzzled look:: With Solak... In his uniform...

Rahman: Response.

((Flashback – Turbolift, USS Veritas))

Rahman: Whatever you do on the holodeck, that’s your business, Mr. Ukinix.

Wil’s eyebrows shot up as his eyes opened wide.

Ukinix: Wait - no, no, I’m not into that sort of-

Rahman: ::shaking her head:: Unless it affects the ship’s operation, causes embarrassment to the Federation and Starfleet, or is illegal…

She held her gaze on him for a moment.

Rahman: I don’t ask. I don’t need to know.

Ukinix: Sir, honestly it’s not that kind of holodeck program.

((End Flashback))

A wicked grin appeared on his face.  He couldn’t help himself…

Ukinix: Whatever you do in the spa, that’s your business, Captain Rahman.  ::Raising palms::  I don’t ask. I don’t need to know.

Solak: Now is not the time for interrupting the Captain, Lieutenant.  We are having a meeting.

Rahman: Response

Wil picked up a small, shiny ball and pressed his thumb on the top. It glowed pink and beeped, before it self-inflated into a beach ball. He threw it into the 4 lane, 25 metre pool.

Ukinix: We’re having a pool party. I sent out a shipwide message about it, did you see it?

Rahman: Response

Any/Any/Any/Any: Responses!!!!!!!!

Tags/TBC

Lieutenant Solak