[E] Reza Kardgar: Getting the Scoop

richyulin

Nov 28, 2016, 7:30:02 PM11/28/16
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
((Starfleet Academy))

::Every time FNS reporter Reza Kardgar had been back to Starfleet Academy. he was reminded of the passage of time. Each time, he’d be greeted by a whole campus of bright young faces, waiting to venture out to the stars. And each time, he’d be reminded of the many other Starfleet officers he had known over the course of his journalism career, the ones who weren’t so lucky. The ones the passage of time had managed to wear down or completely wither away.::

::Over his career, Reza had covered a wide-range of stories including the Vaadwaur Occupation of Deep Space 17 in 2387. “Covered” was somewhat of a euphemism for being captured and held among the hundreds left behind after Starfleet was forced to retreat after the initial attack. He’d been rescued during that awful time, becoming a “member” of the Federation resistance. And somehow he hadn’t managed to annoy his Starfleet fellow captives enough to have them kicked out of the nearest airlock or used as bait for the Vaadwaur.::

::Following the station's liberation by Starfleet through , Reza went back to the Federation News Service, eventually rising to the very top as editor-in-chief. His controversial decision to allow an open letter from Maquis Reborn leader and terrorist Nikael Kalre to be published on the anniversary of the attack on Ohmallera, Betazed, however proved too far, even for their supposedly enlightened readership. Calls came out for his resignation from protestors in early 2392. Deciding that he had become a distraction to the Federation News Service's mission to report the news, not become it, he stepped down, returning to a staff reporter position.::

::Truthfully, though, Reza was actually finding post-editorship life quite invigorating. He felt free again to simply report what he saw. He’d gladly leave the politics of the editor’s office to someone else.::

::And so here he was once again at Starfleet Academy. When he saw the three officers approaching him--a startling trio of contrasting colors from the Bolian's blue skin to one of the women's electric green hair--he stood up to shake their hands.::

Tuk: RESPONSE

T’Dara: RESPONSE

Moonsong: RESPONSE

::He smiled.::

Kardgar: Excellent. Thank you for meeting with me. Please, call me Reza.

Tuk: RESPONSE

T’Dara: RESPONSE

Moonsong: RESPONSE

::He gestured for them to follow him to an office, where the Trill officer he’d been in touch with for the past few days was already waiting.::

::He sat down on a leather chair and gestured for them to join across from him on a couch on the other side of the glass coffee table.::

Kardgar: Lt. Commander Kinan was good enough to help set this meeting up.

Kinan: RESPONSE

::He nodded before turning back to face the others.::

Tuk: RESPONSE

T’Dara: RESPONSE

Moonsong: RESPONSE

Kardgar: Well, to be blunt, I want to tell your story. I saw the press release about what happened aboard the Venture. But it’s all rather… dry, to be blunt. So I’d love to hear about it in your own words.

::He'd save his true reasons for agreeing to this assignment--questions about the Invicta Expedition and their sudden disbandment--for later. Puff pieces had always annoyed him, but his instinct told him there was a meatier story waiting underneath.::

Tuk: RESPONSE

T’Dara: RESPONSE

Moonsong: RESPONSE

TAG! TBC…