[TQ] LtCmdr Sky Blake, "The redirect."

Deliera Jay

May 5, 2018, 10:33:55 AM5/5/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((OOC: Keeping this short since we're about to head into Act 2))

((Shuttlebay))

Kallo: Yes indeed-

::As he began to approach Niraa, Blake caught his arm again, swinging him around to face the exit.::

Blake: Nope. Not doing that.

::She recieved a judgy but silent stare from the Orion, but Blake kept Kallo's arm firmly clasped in her hand.::

Rahman: We'll all reconvene in engineering at 1500 hours. Dismissed.

::Before everyone split off, Niraa turned to the captain.::

Niraa: Thank you again Captain for the opportunity to help.

::And much to Blake's distain, she led the reunited couple out of the shuttlebay. She'd never met an Orion female before, but evidently they were more troublesome then their male counterparts, capable of more . . . problematic things. Kallo practically *waltzed* into the turbolift, Niraa not far behind. And, making sure he back wasn't turned to the woman, Blake set their destination. For Niraa, temporary quarters. For Kallo, the Brig.

::Something told her that, had she set Kallo up in temporary quarters and Mei'konda (or, Noree forbid, *Delano*) found out, there'd be a whole lot of words that Sky would agree with. Besides, it's not as if Rahman specifed that Kallo, specifically, needed to be set up in guest quarters.::

Niraa: So uh….Blake was it?

Blake: Yes.

Kallo: She's just a commander.

::She supressed a sigh, having released Kallo's arm so to stretch out her fingers. It'd be a shame if she'd accidentally electrocuted him.::

Blake: I'm Lieutenant Commander Blake - I'm a Starfleet ranger generally assigned to the Bajak Laut sector, but for now, I'm here on the Veritas.

oO Escorting you to guest quarters. On my day off. Oo

::She shouldn't have gotten out of bed. She should have gone directly to Sick Bay, have Skyfire run some more tests just so the man had something to do while the rest of the crew was out. A little adventure of their own, if you will, into the slightly cracked brain of a Brekkian Betazoid hybrid.::

::The Orion's smile almost repulsed her.::

Niraa: Right Lieutenant Commander Blake. How far is it to these temporary accommodations that the captain mentioned?

Blake: From the turbolift? Not a long walk.

Niraa: Well, as much as you were against it, I could really use something to eat. And you’d be more than welcome to attend to make sure that Kallo there behaves himself. ::pause:: Right Kallo?

Kallo: I'd be absolutely delighted. *I* could even show you around, if Just Commander has other places to be.

::Blake glared at him through the corner of her eye. Kallo didn't know the Veritas that well; he'd only been on three decks of it, most of which he'd seen today.::

Niraa: Maybe it would give you a chance to tell us more about the marvel of engineering that you float about the galaxy in.

Blake: I'm afraid I only know the basics.

::The basis being that it was only the most powerful ship in the Shoals and that it was currently having its warp engines eaten alive by some weird radiation.::

Niraa: Besides, I’m sure Kallo would behave so much better if you were to stay in our company. I’d hate to see him sneak off to my quarters in the middle of the night. ::pause:: It would be such an inconvenience.

oO You minx. Oo

::This was a game Niraa was playing. One that was making Blake ill just thinking about. Unable to twist her way out of Niraa's bidding, there was another option.

::With a long breath in, Blake turned to Niraa with a soft smile and a relaxed tone. For the next few moments, she acted as if Kallo wasn't in the turbolift at all, and deliberately flipped the details of Niraa's low-key begging to keep her around. Sky knew full well this wasn't what Niraa wanted, but she spoke as if she'd interpreted it that way. So she talked.::

::And kept talking.::

Blake: Look, I get it. I really do. Hell, as a Brekkian female, I can relate. It was a long trip to find us out here - and as an ex, Kallo is quick stress relief. He can either get the blood pumping and tire you out, or bore you into a good nights sleep - the fact is, you know who he is, he's available, and he's a ready and probably willing participant. But I'm afraid, as the most senior security officer onboard at the moment, I classify Kallo is a security risk.

Kallo: *Excuse me?!?*

Blake: Even if I didn't consider him a risk, his temporary quarters are on an entirely different deck. He requested them earlier, long before we knew you'd join us. And I'm afraid that our operations officer is on that warbird out there - I can try and get him on the com so he can reassign some quarters for you if you'd like? It may take some time to cut through the interference, though.

Niraa: Response?

Blake: Oh, my apologies - I must have misheard you. No, he'll be under a strict guard. There's no feasible way he'll escape his lodgings to see you - that kind of behaviour is just not acceptable aboard any Starfleet vessel anyway, and our security protects very well against it.

Kallo: Just Commander-

Niraa: Response?

::Crap. She hadn't actually said anything about that, and there was no way in hell she was going to share a meal with these two together or separately just to appease their new guest. The doors to the turbolift opened, and she lead both Niraa and an adorably infuriated Kallo through the deck.::

Blake: I'd love to, but I'm actually having lunch with our Chief Medical Officer in Sick Bay soon. We're discussing side effects of treated chemical imbalances, specifically in Betazoid brains. Raincheck?

Niraa: Response?

::They stopped in front of the guest quarters. With another relaxed smile, Blake keyed open the door and gestured for Niraa to enter.::

Blake: These are the guest quarters. There's a replicator available for your use if you're peckish - the computer can provide you with a menu if you're not sure what you'd like. ::She nodded to the two security officers that approached.:: These are Crewmen Xavis and Zavir, they'll be on your door at all times. You still play siritack, Zavir?

Zavir: Current champion, sir.

Blake:::to Niraa:: To think that the other player she's beaten is actually telepathic. If you get bored, though, I'm sure she'd be up for a challenge.

Niraa: Response?

::Sky smiled once more.::

Blake: I'll be back to collect you at 1500 hours. If you have any problems, don't hesitate to call.

::She turned on her heel and pulled an incredibly gobsmacked and reluctant Kallo very far away from the temporary quarters before Niraa could get another word in.::

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Ranger
USS Veritas