[AST] LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Introduction to the Shoals."

9 wyświetleń

Deliera Jay

nieprzeczytany,
26 mar 2018, 23:56:4626.03.2018
do sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Shuttlebay))

Blake: So you're one of Tuk's new officers?

Wrader: ::nodding as he clasped his hands behind his back:: I am, ma'am. I came aboard near the termination of our mission with the Astraeus. It has been a rather...abrupt introduction to the ship.

::Such tended to be the case when Starfleet couldn't coordinate travel times. It was truly a mystery how these transport shuttles located them and brought new officers. The rumor below decks was that most of the shuttles were piloted by telepaths capable of 'honing' in on their location, but such talk seemed nonsensical in Blake's opinion.::

Blake: Ah. It's a bit harder for me to keep up with the new transfers - I'm not one of the 'required stops' you have to make when you first board. But if you'd like a run-down of this region, let me know. I'd be happy to oblige.

::She'd been about to turn and leave, satisfied that Ensign Wrader wasn't a suspiciously unscheduled shuttle departure when he caught her again.::

Wrader: ::inclining his head slightly:: I would certainly appreciate your perspective, ma'am. Your unique position must grant you insights that are, perhaps, more difficult to obtain when obstructed by a more blatant association with Starfleet.

::Blake stood a little taller at the words.::

Blake: *Blatant* association? That's partially false, Wrader. Even when working by myself, I'm always identified as a Starfleet officer. It's not exactly a position for the feint of heart, either - not everyone is welcoming to the delta we wear on our chests. I have insight specific to certain subjects, sure, but I doubt they'd differ entirely from your own.

Wrader: Yes, I had gathered that sentiments were perhaps opposed to the Federation here. There was an...outburst from a prisoner.

Blake: Usually a typical occurrence.

Wrader: Indeed, ma’am. Perhaps we could continue our discussion in Astrometrics? I feel that visual context might facilitate my understanding.

::With a smile, Blake nodded her head, indicating towards the shuttlebay door.::

((Astrometrics))

::As they rounded into Astrometrics, Blake had done her best to keep a conversation struck up.::

Wrader: Response?

Blake: I imagine if the Marshals weren't so prominent around the colony worlds, Federation Security would be our primary partners. But each territory has their own branch or organization regardless of their relationship with the Federation. We're required to cooperate with them all.

Wrader: Response?

Blake: Well, it's not just them. The IKS roam wherever they please - they're more prominent at Karakka though.

Wrader: Response?

::She rubbed at the bridge of her nose, where an IKS officer introduced the palm of his hand to her face.::

Blake: Sufficed to say that the Klingons are as the Klingons will always be.

Wrader: Response?

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Ranger