JP: Lt. Cmdr Alex Brodie, Lt. (JG) Alieth, Ens. Dar "Pulling Back The Veil: Part VI"

Donalee Botha

Sep 16, 2020, 3:40:48 PM9/16/20
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

“Pulling Back The Veil: Part VI”

((Outskirts of Kiessa Monastery, Bajor))

Alieth:  Indeed, it cost me a considerable loss. A greater one than all the patients I already lost that day, and for which I am still grieving.

Dar: I am sorry this happened.

Brodie: Perhaps you would like to share that, Alieth? If you are comfortable doing so?

The Vulcan turned to face the rest of the group. She was safe there, among friends and colleagues, people she had learned to cherish despite their more than evident dissimilarities. But even so, that had been her secret for so long, something she had kept to herself for so many years, that to expose it out loud seemed almost sacrilegious.

Alieth: I am… not sure.

Dar: You are amongst friends Alieth, goodness knows you are now more like family than anyone I owe you a greater debt than I could ever think.

Brodie: It may help Kalib understand the significance...although that doesn’t have to be today. No pressure, no rush.

Her gaze settled on the young bajoran. The counsellor was right, and yet ...

Alieth: The Hawk, you remember him?

Dar: Hawk?

He watched as Alieth flick her eyes from Dar to Kalib and back again.

Brodie: Take your time, Alieth...

Alieth: It is, hard to explain, but he has been with me for years. He has been my constant company and companion for a long time, someone really important for me. Once I tried to help you with the melt to deal with those entities, Commander Teller decided to administer me some medication.

Alex recalled from Sams report...she’d noted the medication was administered to both Kalib and Alieth. She’d told him that had been against her advice...it made him wonder....

Brodie: The Lexorin...

Alieth: It was harmless for you and me for sure. But the Hawk... is gone. And the emptiness of his absence weighs heavily on my mind.

Dar did not know what to say and before she could, Kalib rushed to Alieth and wrapped his arms around her giving her a hug.

Kalib: I am sorry, I....

Alex slumped back onto the rock and exhaled deeply..it had been a long walk to this point and there was more distance to travel he was sure. As Kalib embraced Alieth he turned to Dar who was watching them both. Alex walked past the woman and placed a hand gently on her shoulder.

Brodie: Come on...let’s give them a little space.

She didn’t interfere in the moment and watched the Vulcans reaction to such a strong show of emotion from her son. She hadn’t quiet realised how traumatic this situation had been to both of them.

Alieth held up her hands, uncertain about how to react. For two long minutes, she stared at the teenager, until her arms encircled his shoulders as well.

Then she cried, tearlessly and silently, for all the people' lives and everything that had been lost in that terrible event.

Simmed By

=================================

Ensign Dar Elandra

Security Officer