Lt. JG Alieth- Space Arrangements

Alieth

Jun 28, 2020, 12:26:38 PM6/28/20
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Secondary Sickbay, Deck 18, U.S.S. Thor. ))

Alieth: Open your mouth

The little Andorian didn't seem overly enthusiastic about the command, her antennae twitching nervously over her short shrub of white hair.

Finally she spoke, largely to postpone the procedure as much as possible.

Layiss: (with tight lips) How much

The mother on her back let out an exasperated puff and rested her hands on the slender girl's shoulders.

Setev: Don't be stubborn, my shei, enough to let the doctor do her job.

The girl refused to be appeased, folded her arms over her chest and puffed up her cheeks in a gesture of stubborn resistance. As her blue cheeks turned a slight shade of purple until she answered once more

Layiss: But HOW MUCH

The Vulcan doctor left the hypospray on the adjacent trolley' s tray and stared at the little patient. The Andorian girl returned her glance in an even more obstinate fashion, although Alieth did not show any signs of being bothered by the girl's lack of collaboration.

Setev: Layiss please....

Alieth: Four point eight centimetres. Anything over that will earn you a reward. Particularly if you remain stationary.

In spite of herself, the girl's antennae arched towards the Vulcan, revealing her interest

Layiss: A reward? Which reward?

Alieth: You will have to let me perform the procedure to discover that.

The girl pouted her lips again. Her mother smiled weakly. Alieth continued her hieratic demenaur, as if the girl's decision had no interest whatsoever

Layiss: (warily) Ok, but...How much is THAT

Alieth:(Placing her fingers exactly 4.83 cm apart) Like this

The girl observed the distance between the vulcan fingers for 146 seconds before she opened her mouth as wide as possible.

Layiss: AAAAAAAAAHHH

Alieth wasted no time in picking up the hypospray once again and applied it to the girl's gum before she began the simple process of extracting the deciduous tooth….

(Some minutes later)

Layiss: (Shaking the bowl with the decayed tooth ) It is GROSS (staring back at Alieth) Can I keep it?

Alieth: (Handing it out next to a small box full of gummy bears) Sure

The girl caught both of them before she jumped off the biobed and ran as fast as she could. Under the lintel of the sickbay she turned around to shout

Layiss: YAY! Hey zhavey, we can go now!

The ops crewman smiled briefly before addressing the young Vulcan woman.

Setev: When will the follow up be made?

Alieth checked her padd before she confirmed.

Alieth: Same hour, in seven days. (glancing up from the display) Do not let her eat them all at once.

Setev: (with a soft chuckle) I’ll try, doc.

As the Andorians left the infirmary, the Lieutenant took another look at her padd. During her shift, she had received an official internal message that she had not expected. She promptly read the missive.

From: Lt. Cmdr. Ben Garcia, On behalf of Operations

To: Lt. JG Alieth, MD

RE: Rooming audit and quarter assignments.

Dear Lieutenant Junior Grade Alieth,

This communication details important information about:

1.    Room audits and room numberings

2.    Your quarters

1. Room Audits

The U.S.S. Thor uses the ‘deck-sector-compartment’ format for room numberings as standard. Some inconsistencies in using this numbering convention have been fed back to Operations.

To that end, the database entry on room numberings has been updated to explain the ‘deck-sector-compartment’ format clearly.

To ensure room numberings are consistent, departments are to audit their roomings and log erroneous signage with Operations via RAMS (the Room Allocation Management System). Operations will then correct reported signage within 24 hours of the log being placed on RAMS.

The deadline for departments to complete their signage audit is 239706.27. Please advise Operations if you foresee any issues with completing the audit to the deadline.

2. Quarter Assignments

The speed of the initial transfer to the U.S.S. Thor necessitated the provisional allocation of quarters. Operations are now in a position to finalise the assignment of crew quarters. While the majority of crew have retained their provisional quarters, some re-roomings have been necessary due to a variety of factors. Please check your assignment carefully:

{personnel_service_number}: RT - 775 - 816

{assigned_quarters}:  060501 alongside with TA-847-875

All room transfers should take place by 239706.26.

If you have any questions, or believe there to be an error in your room assignment, please contact Operations immediately.

Luggage trollies will be available on each deck to assist you in moving.

Summary of deadlines:

·         Signage audits: 239706.27

·         Room transfers: 239706.26

 On behalf of Operations,

Lt. Cmdr. Ben Garcia

Second Officer

U.S.S. Thor

Alieth read the message parsimoniously before she wrote back.

From: Lt. JG Alieth, MD

ToLt. Cmdr. Ben Garcia &  Operations

RE: RE: Rooming audit and quarter assignments.

Attn: Lt. Cmdr. Ben Garcia and the Operations Department.

Your report proved to be highly informative and diligent and I shall proceed to fulfil the relocation as soon as my shift is over.

Your assistance is greatly valued. Do not hesitate to inform me of any changes that may occur prior to 03.45 standard hours since the deliver of this message, as well as of any additional forms that I must submit to OPS department regarding the transportation of personal property.

Attentively,

Lt. JG Alieth, MD

After completing the formal diisplay of gratitude, she wrote a second message.

From: Lt. JG Alieth, MD

To:  Ensign Tara Wilkins, PhD

RE: Room transfer and subsequent cohabitation

I have just been informed that, from today onwards, you and I will share private quarters. I find it most convenient that I have been assigned with a fellow JOPA member as well as a reputable scientist, which will make our off-duty hours far more appealing. I have attached to this message my schedule for the next few weeks to prevent disruption of your rest requirements, as well as to seek the adaptation of one of the areas of the common room as a place for meditation.

In addition, I would request the adaptation of one of the areas of the common area as a place for meditation. So, forward me any personal need or time slot that could be disruptive to the proper performance of your daily activities, as well as the most convenient time frames in order to meet and arrange the basic contract about our coexistence.

Greetings

Lt. JG Alieth,  MD

Tag & TBC if desired

Lt. JG Alieth