Captain Taybrim: And Third Comes Promotions (FAO All + Sorna)

瀏覽次數:4 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Jamie LeBlanc

未讀,
2017年8月13日 晚上10:59:072017/8/13
收件者:Sb118 Ops
((Keal's Pub - StarBase 118 Ops))

::Sal drew himself up to his full not-very-impressive height and smiled at the assembled. Now this? This was his favorite part.::

Taybrim: If you think I was done potentially embarrassing everyone... well... think again. ::His dark eyes sparkled. Not many of his crew enjoyed the limelight. but he enjoyed recognizing them:: So, before we begin, I would like to propose a toast. ::he lifted his glass:: To you! the senior staff of StarBase 118, may your glass always be full, your friends true and the galaxy at your back!

Any: ?

::He drank and lifted his glass one more time::

Taybrim: And to 118, the lady we protect and the thousands of lives beneath her wingfs, may she always keep us well and may we always protect her!

Any: ?

::He drained his glass and drew in a long, slow breath, looking to the assembled. Now was the time that some dreaded and some loved.::

Taybrim: Commander Whittaker, please join me.

Whittaker: ?

::Sal settled back, watching Theo and what a fine command officer he had become. He was proud and happy to see him find his footing on StarBase 118.::

Taybrim: Some of you might not know so I want to recognize and celebrate that Theo was promoted to full Commander just before our experience with Captain Bomba began. While the timing might have been political, I'm sure everyone will agree that Theo deserves this in the utmost. He had been one of the most steadfast officers on this manifest who has consistently acted with the good of this crew, this Starbase and the Federation at the forefront of his mind. I am so proud of you Theo. ::He smiled earnestly:: and I could not ask for a better first officer.

Whittaker: ?

Any: ?

::Sal caught Theo's shoulder::

Taybrim: ah, stay up here you can help me hand out these little boxes. ::he winked, handing Theo a small stack of rosewood boxes, the sort that always held extra pips.::

Taybrim: Lieutenant Taelon, please join me.

Taelon: ?

::Taelon always looked trepidatious where promotions were concerned. It had taken time to convince him that he was the best person for chief of science and yet he had done a tremendous job. Sal expected some hesitation this time as well - though hopefully less.::

Taybrim: Lieutenant, I know you have always questioned your path in Starfleet. At times I think you would be more comfortable hiding away in a back lab researching whatever you fancy. And yet every time you face adversity you not only overcome it, but you help your fellow crewmates overcome it as well. These are the marks of a true leader. In the past year you have grown immeasurably and I am extremely proud of you. This crew trusts you and relies upon you. And to recognize this. I hereby grant you the rank of Lt Commander, with all rights and responsibilities therein.

Taelon: ?

Any: ?

Taybrim: As I said, I trust you can do it. But I also know you have great support at your back. ::He smiled again, meaning it. The crew was fond of Taelon and ready to support him.::

Taelon: ?

Taybrim: Lieutenant AItas, please join me.

Aitas: ?

Taybrim: Lieutenant you have done a stellar job in finishing the clean up work of the intel department that Commander Vondaryan started. When he was promoted to executive officer I never worried about leaving the intel department in your hands - and you never gave he cause to worry. You have done a fantastic job since becoming chief of intel and I want to recognize all your hard work and dedication. I hereby grant you the rank of Lt. Commander, with all rights and responsibilities therein.

::He spoke with conviction, knowing that Aitas was a worthy successor to their ladt chief of intel and she had carried that work far beyond what had been started and made it her own. He was extremely proud of her and respected what the intel tower had become.::

Aitas: ?

Any: ?

Taybrim: Lieutenant Kasun, please join us.

Kasun: ?

Taybrim: Lieutenant, you have continually impressed everyone with your skill as a security officer as well as you unique skills at crisis response. In these past two missions you have certainly shown how much we can depend on you, how strong your leadership skills are and how much you are an integral part of this crew. I think everyone here would agree that you help make this starbase a better, safer place to live with the tremendous work you do. And for this I hereby grant you the rank of full lieutenant and the position of Chief of Security, with all rights and responsibilities therein. You have done a great job and I know your team will support you in this.

::again he was so proud. Kasun was another ensign who had joined from the academy and continually proven she could do great things. For a moment he looked up and his eyes fell upon Turak. He was brand new but Sal had the same hopes for him - he wanted to see the promising young man be where Ishani was right now, an emerging leader stretching her skills and abilities.::

Kasun: ?

Any: ?

Taybrim: And last, Mr. Maxwell - I don't have a rosewood box for you, but I would like to let everyone know that the affair with Mr. Martantathu had been full settled and Lieutenant Maxwell you are restored to your full rank of Lieutenant JG. Furthermore, Lieutenant, I want you to know that you did an excellent job in supporting your fellow crew and innocent outsiders this past mission. I have faith that you will become a tremendous officer in time and to this end I'm offering you the position of Assistant Chief of Tactical. It's the perfect opportunity to be able to show off what you can do.

::he smiled, encouragingly. Maxwell was another officer who had so much potential and one that Sal deeply believed would do great things.::

Maxwell: ?

Taybrim: I am glad to hear that, Lieutenant.

Maxwell: ?

Any: ?

::At last he lifted his drink one more time. The bartender had stealthily refreshed it.::

Taybrim: One last toast, to all of you. Congratulations! I cannot express enough how much your actions have meant to this sector and the people in it.

Any: ?

::He smiled and got down from his place in the front, letting the rest of the crew come forward and congratulate one another, to welcome the newcomers and start to socialize again when he caught a familiar face lingering at the door.::

Taybrim: Ensign Sorna! ::He called out, bringing attention to the new arrival.:: My goodness, you must have arrived early! Or perhaps just in time! Welcome! ::he waved a hand in the air::

Sorna: ?

Taybrim: ::lifting his voice so that all could hear:: One last announcement - a bit out of order, but never too late! Everyone give a warm welcome back to Ensign Valdar Sorna, who returns to StarBase 118 and the science department! Come on in, you need a drink before the next toast!

Sorna: ?

Any: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC - please feel free to move to socialization after this! If you've never been through an award ceremony before you don't have to answer every any tag, just highlight the parts that are important for your character!
~*~

Captain Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StasrBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0
回覆所有人
回覆作者