Captain Taybrim - In The Limelight [Awards Part 2] (tags: Trel'lis/Ezo/Taelon/Whittaker/Flynn | FAO: ALL)

Jamie LeBlanc

Nov 3, 2016, 12:03:53 PM11/3/16
to Sb118 Ops
((Beach House - Raskor I))

::As Tatash settled back down, Sal looked across the group and decided that his gaze would fall upon the diplomatic department of StarBase 118 next. He smiled gently as his eyes locked upon Trel'lis and waved the woman up towards the podium with him::

Taybrim: Lieutenant Trel'lis, if you could please join us.

Trel'lis: ?

::he waited until Trel'lis stood beside Whittaker and Flynn, turning towards the slender young woman and offering a bright smile. He handed Theo a rosewood box that contained a red bar with wide black bands, and a maroon bar with faint black bands, as well as a silver and red bar::

Taybrim: Lieutenant Trel'lis, you helped protect fellow crew members and rescue Lady Shadonna and her entourage. You acted with bravery and loyalty in support of your team and endured harrowing treatment at the hands of Orion Syndicate pirates. In recognition of your sacrifice, you are awarded the Prisoner of War ribbon ::a deep breath as he focused on the positive aspect of her actions more than the negative repercussions of the pirates:: And I am most proud to award you the Captain's Commendation for your steadfast bravery and team support in the struggle to rescue Lady Shadonna.

Trel'lis: ?

Whittaker: ?

Taybrim: I also want to recognize your actions in making sure those in Kinney's office were safe from sniper fire. Your quick thinking help protect both fellow crewmates, and for this you are awarded the lifesaving ribbon. ::He smiled. he was Trel'lis was there, else he might have ended up with an unpleasant hole in a tender bit of his body.::

Trel'lis: ?

Whittaker: ?

::This time he handed a closed box to Flynn::

Taybrim: Also, Lieutenant Trel'lis, you have done your position of Chief Diplomatic Officer proud. You have successfully negotiated with pirates, Commodores and criminals, consistently being a part of team that has achieved goals towards peace in this sector. You have supported this crew and served bravely in the face of adversity and you have been a model officer and loyal friend to the crew of StarBase 118. ::He smiled, a gentle expression moving to a widening broad grin full of pride and congratulations.:: It is my pleasure to announce that Trel'lis is hereby promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Commander. Congratulations, Commander, I am so proud to be able to serve with you for two years and see you become a fine department head and leader in this crew.

Trel'lis: ?

Whittaker/Flynn: ?

Any: ?

::As the congratulations settled down his dark eyes fell upon fellow Betazoid Mirra Ezo.::

Taybrim: Doctor Ezo, if you would please join us.

Ezo: ?

::Sal handed yet another rosewood box to Theo, this one contained two silver bars with red stripes - one with a silver cross in the middle; an orange ribbon and a blue and orange ribbon::

Taybrim: Lieutenant Ezo, in the mission to save Lady Shadonna, you were part of a team that took a covert shuttle to rendezvous with the pirates. You and your team successfully infiltrated the ship and provided crucial support to those taken prisoner. You supported your crewmates and acted with distinction and bravery. For these actions, you are awarded the Good Conduct Ribbon.

Ezo/Whittaker: ?:

Taybrim: I'm not done ::He chuckled, a smile forming around his eyes.:: You saved countless lives in the struggle against the Sienov and were responsible for major recovery efforts and lifesaving medical treatments including the critical care of Major Tatash. Furthermore you jumped in to save the life of Allan Kinney, even when he tried to fight you for doing so. And you have steadfastly supported your fellow crew members in their recovery across down time, shore leave and multiple missions. To recognize your fine work time and again you are awarded the lifesaving ribbon, the silver lifesaving ribbon and the trauma support ribbon.

Ezo/Whittaker: ?

::And again a closed rosewood box was sneaked to Flynn::

Taybrim: Ah, ah... ::He had humor in his tone as he made sure she didn't scurry off:: I'm still not done. As might be expected from a chief medical officer who has been awarded for lifesaving time and time again, you have served with distinction. You have also gone above and beyond with caring for the injuries and mental health of your fellow crew. You have become a fine leader and a respected pillar of this crew, and so I have no hesitations whatsoever in proudly announcing you as Lieutenant Commander Ezo, effective immediately.

Ezo: ?

Whittaker/Flynn: ?

Any: ?

::Next Sal's eyes fell upon the skittish Taelon who had hopefully drank enough bloodwine to be able to feel comfortable in ascending the stage. Well, no time like the present.::

Taybrim: Taelon, if you could please join us.

Taelon: ?

::Sal handed Theo yet another rosewood box- this one with a red bar with a wide black band, A maroon bar and a banded light blue bar::

Taybrim: Mr. Taelon. I know you dislike being in the limelight, but despite your reservations I see the making of a fine officer and a fine leader within you. When taken prisoner on the Kravyet, you served with distinction supporting your fellow officers. In recognition of your sacrifice you are awarded the Prisoner of War ribbon; and in recognition of your actions to support your team and ensure that both Starfleet officers and Lady Shadonna's entourage were rescued safely I am awarding you the Captain's Commendation

Taelon: ?

Whittaker: ?

Taybrim: Don't go anywhere. ::he chuckled, wondering if he would have to yank Taelon back on stage if the man tried to slip away.:: For your quick thinking on the bridge of the Albion resulting in a tactic that gave us a decided upper hand and directly led to victory over the Seinov even with terrible odds facing us you are awarded the Innovation Ribbon. ::True, detonating the charged particles in a nebula was not a tactic Sal hoped to see repeated, but he was equally sure that it had ensured their victory - and likely saved their lives.::

Taelon: ?

Whittaker: ?

::And once again he slipped rosewood box to Flynn::

Taybrim: And I know you struggle with seeing yourself as a leader, Taelon. But when you were thrust into the fire and sat at the bridge of the Columbia you were able to provide necessary and timely support for the teams on the planet. You have served your department with distinction and your fellow science officers speak highly of your intelligence and ability to come up with solutions to problems. All of this tells me that you are a fine officer and I am once again going to push your forward. Each time you have been forged in the fire, Taelon, you have tempered stronger and this is something I am proud to recognize and see continue forward. As of this evening, you are promoted to the rank of full Lieutenant, and the position of Chief of Science on StarBase 118.

Taelon: ?

Whittaker/Flynn: ?

Any: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC - Still more to come! I'll be posting again after I'm home from work. Please feel free to respond to your tags before I post the last parts of the ceremony!
~*~

Captain Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 Ops / USS Columbia

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0