Lt Trellis Vondaryan -- Impatience (NT)

Trellis Vondaryan

May 21, 2016, 10:18:40 AM5/21/16
to SB118 Ops
((Sickbay Quarantine - StarBase 118))

::Trellis had come up with an intriguing possibility to shut down Oma-Saan's. It was a temporary solution to be sure, but it gave them a foot in the door.::

Taybrim: =/\= No, food safety code wouldn't shut him down for good - but it gives us the chance to get in there and search the place.=/\=

Larson: =/\= And find something to shut them down permanently I take it? =/\=

Tatash: =/\= If there's anything in there, Captain Raisillius will find it. What about 'The Below'? =/\=

Vondaryan: =/\= We'll need to clear it out completely. Unfortunately I don't know how dangerous it is. =/\=

::He frowned. He hated not knowing things. In his line of work he was supposed to be the know-it-all, supposed to have all the answers. While he had the plans for the Below, it didn't give them all the information.::

Taybrim: =/\= You have my permission to completely clean out anything in the Below. We also need scanning relays set up so we can communicate down there. =/\=

Larson: =/\= I can handle setting up the relays, provided someone can point me in the right direction to get the equipment. =/\=

Tatash: =/\= Larson was it? Get yourself down to the CiC, well volunteered. =/\=

::He chuckled. Almost no one said 'no' the the huge Gorn. Trellis certainly wouldn't.::

Vondaryan: =/\= Until you get down there we won't be able to communicate until you do. =/\=

Taybrim: =/\= The whole section is lined with plasticized tritanium mesh - meaning we can't communicate, can't scan, can't transport and can't see anything that goes on down there without some keen relay work. =/\=

Larson: =/\= Once we get a relay inside we should only need one hard line out, everything inside should be able to transmit wirelessly to that. =/\=

Tatash: =/\= We have enough materials on-base that you should be able to use. =/\=

Taybrim: =/\= We can discuss how this sort of level should have never been built let alone gone on hidden away for years on a sector starbase when the place is cleared and the remaining away team members are safe. For now - whatever is down there isn't ours and shouldn't be there. Salvage what you can for study, and you can gut the rest. =/\=

Tatash: =/\= Understood Commander. We'll see to it. =/\=

::The marines were going to do their thing now. Which also meant Trellis had to do his. A food safety violation would give them hours at most. Even the marines barely worked that fast.

::Sal then got a call from Theo. He and his team were out. Excellent news. But Trellis had work to do trying to tie down Oma-Saan, so he could not pay attention to the intricacies of the conversation. Suffice it to say, everyone was now out. Except for Hughes. He almost shed a tear::

Taybrim: How is the shutting down of Harkin's Den going?

Vondaryan: I think the marines are getting impatient. I know I am. I wish I could get something else on Harkin's Den that would give them more than just a short time.

Taybrim: I suspect the marines are always impatient. But we have crew on two sides working to get them an opening to strike.

Vondaryan: I hope that's enough.

::Usually such an optimist, Trellis was beginning to fear all their work would be for naught. If Chennel's organization had people inside Starfleet, who knew what they were capable of. He and everyone else would need to work quick.::

Taybrim: I'll be headed up to the hub. ::A pause:: With all this commotion I want to keep an eye on Mr. Merek.

Vondaryan: Please keep me informed of any developments. I'll keep an eye out on him down here, as much as I can.

::Sal left the quarantine area. Leaving him alone there. It was a good thing he had a PADD and the link to the Tower, because he had a lot of information to process.::

((OOC: I'll shift focus over to Raisillius for a bit, though feel free to tag Vondaryan if necessary.))

tbc

--
Lieutenant Trellis Vondaryan
Chief of Intelligence