Lt Commander Trellis Vondaryan -- Ready or Not (Tag: Outcast Team)

2 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Trellis Vondaryan

ongelezen,
17 jul 2016, 10:17:0017-07-2016
aan SB118 Ops
((Shuttle Defiant Outcast -- The Jentaris Cloud))

::After an uneventful trip to the Jentaris Cloud, the Outcast was coming toward the cruiser that held their friends. Trellis had never seen a D'Kora-class ship in person before so took a moment to enjoy the sight before he tapped a few buttons to bring up its specifications on the main viewscreen.::

Vondaryan: This is the standard layout of their ship. If we can't beam over, we'll need to infiltrate to get on board. The hanger bay would be the easiest to get into, though it is not the most convenient. ::beat:: I imagine our friends will be in their brig.

Ezo: If they're all collectively on Deck 3... would they notice us beaming over...?

::Trellis frowned. He wished it were that easy. With the pattern scrambler on the ship beaming over was not an option. He shook his head at the doctor while the rest of the team continued to talk.::

Cain: Maybe not physically notice us but we will definitely light up like a warp core breach on their sensors if we try beaming in.

Kasun: Well then the hanger bay is the only safe way for us to get in. ::She grimaced.:: Which is probably the most difficult option we have. One bad hit and we could easily be trapped in the bay.

Cain: One bad hit and we won't make it into the bay or get far out of it for that matter. Between our low powered approach and the Cloud's sensor distortion we will make it inside the bay. Getting out might be more interesting but as we like to say. One thing at a time.

::Trellis tilted his head as he listened to their concerns. Getting shot was a real possibility. He had no idea if the cruiser would take them out immediately or not. He hoped that, since they were slavers, they would try to keep them alive. Otherwise this would be an extremely short mission.::

Vondaryan: Getting in is our main priority. We can brainstorm for ideas for how to get out as we get more information. Better to have too much intel than not enough, I've found. ::he tapped his lips with a finger:: Maybe Theo and his crew will know more information that can help us. ::he paused briefly as he thought before switching topics again:: What do you think we should expect over there?

::He of course had his own ideas. Orions, lots of them. Probably with a lot of weaponry which he did not want to be on the business end of. The others might have other ideas, however. He had found that it was often worthwhile to listen to the people with whom he worked as they had different perspectives and experiences. They were as good at teaching him as he was teaching them.::

Kasun: We should be expecting heavy resistance from the crew. If they're slavers they're going to want to try and take us alive so take advantage of that. ::She paused.:: And there might be other defenses as well. The ship’s of Ferengi make but we don’t know what kind of modifications they've made to the interior.

Cain: Once inside we should be able to download a accurate schematic and confirm the location of our, or your, missing crew members.

Kasun: ::She bit her lip.:: Is it worth trying to take out the pattern scrambler? That would give us a lot more flexibility. We could just beam out of there with everyone.

Cain: Good thought depending on how that pattern scrambler is rigged. If we can disable it then I agree its worth it for the quick escape.

::Trellis certainly would prefer to have it disabled. He had used a similar trick of transporting people aboard a waiting shuttle on his first mission out of the academy. Then it had been to capture criminals. This time it would be to rescue crew. Either way it served the same purpose.::

Vondaryan: ::nodding:: Mr Cain, as you'll be staying with the shuttle in the bay, I'm placing you in charge of that. Do what you can to be the eyes for the team. We'll keep an open comm line the whole time.

::They may have been using the man's shuttle but he was still a civilian. Cain couldn't be expected to put his own life in danger at the expense of members of Starfleet. Besides, someone had to have the shuttle ready to launch if they needed to leave in a hurry.::

Kasun: Does the Outcast has enough firepower to hold off anyone trying to take out the ship?

::Excellent question. The young security ensign was certainly putting that training to use. Trellis could see the nervousness from the other members and hoped the talking was making them feel more calm. Having a plan of action usually helped him; he could only hope it did the same for others.::

Cain: Once we dock, it would be inadvisable to use the disruptor cannons. That said this shuttle might be slightly better then the Federation equivalent, the Outcast is no match for the D'Kora in a ship to ship confrontation.

T'Sai: Then how to we avoid a ship to ship confrontation?

Vondaryan: ::he chuckled:: I think that's very advisable, counselor.

::They were approaching ever closer to the large Ferengi-designed Orion vessel. They still had not be noticed, so far as Trellis could tell. Well, they hadn't been fired upon, which was a good first step.

::Cain took the schematics off the main viewer, returning it to a view outside the shuttle, almost like a window. Trellis stared intently as they approached, mulling over everything that had been suggested so far.::

Cain: Best chance would be to run or hide once we leave. Hold on I am taking us in for docking.

Vondaryan: Everyone, gear up.

::Like the others had done earlier, he moved off to the back to strip off his Starfleet uniform for the darker clothing of a black ops operator. He had a phaser strapped, a tricorder and a PADD fitted with Black Tower tech to his belt and held his ever-present engineering tools. Who knew when they'd need to disable an internal sensor or open a locked door.

::As he returned to the cockpit he saw the look of dismay on Cain's face.::

Cain: I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe that whoever is aboard the D'Kora class knew we were docking. We better expect incoming.

::Trellis frowned. He had hoped to come in and leave undetected. So much for that plan. He looked around the rest of the crew. They were strapping the necessary equipment to their belts or performing calming breathing exercises. He remembered feeling the same way during his first mission -- a mixture of determined and nervous. He had made it through then and would do the same this time.::

Vondaryan: Set phasers to maximum stun. ::he looked each of them in the eye, a smile on his face. He made his voice sound confident and calm.:: We can handle whatever they throw at us. ::he smiled:: We're the best-trained force in the galaxy, remember. What can a bunch of Orion outlaws do to us that we haven't seen before?

::Well, plenty, from reports that he'd read. But he wasn't about to let his team sense any doubt in him. The last thing they needed to see was a leader riddled with self-doubt.::

Ezo/Kasun: Response?

Cain: Yes yes I know it wasn't the best landing. I never was much of a pilot.

Vondaryan: ::he chuckled and smiled at the civilian:: Better than me, Mr Cain, better than me. Besides, you got us here in one piece, that's what counts. ::he did a quick scan of the shuttle:: Without damage to the shuttle it appears, too. Excellent job.

Ezo/Kasun: Response?

Cain: ::Making sure his stun baton and tricorder were on his belt:: Lets go get the missing crew members then.

T'Sai: ::She grabbed a tricorder and phaser.:: I'm with you.

::Trellis eyed the stun baton Arden had on his belt. It would serve as a last-ditch defense against anyone attempting to get into the shuttle.::

Vondaryan: ::smirking:: If we're expecting company, let's surprise them a bit. Open the shuttle door but no one exit yet.

Ezo/T'Sai/Kasun/Cain: Response?

::Rummaging through the supplies he had brought with him from the Tower, Trellis found what he was looking for. He grabbed extra canisters for future use. He turned back to the team, a triumphant look on his face.::

Vondaryan: ::he held up a canister in his right hand:: I believe Terrans used to call them 'flash-bangs' ::holding up his other hand:: and smoke grenades. ::smiling:: If they can't see or hear us, they can't his us. On my mark, close your eyes and cover your ears.

Ezo/T'Sai/Kasun/Cain: Response?

Vondaryan: Ensign Kasun, you and I are on point. Dr Ezo and T'Sai, you are behind us to provide backup. Larson and Mr Cain, you'll be guarding the shuttle bay and trying to disable the pattern scrambler and prepping for our exit. Questions?

Ezo/T'Sai/Kasun/Cain: Response?

Vondaryan: Excellent. Head for the bay doors, as marked in the schematic. ::pause:: Mark!

::Trellis threw the canisters through the open shuttle hatch, then turned away and covered his ears. Moments later he felt more than saw a rumbling from the shuttle bay and sniffed the acrid smell of smoke.

::Their entry duly covered, he got everyone's attention.::

Vondaryan: If it moves, fire at it. They'll be stunned, but it won't last long. Let's use our advantage while it lasts. Go!

Ezo/T'Sai/Kasun/Cain: Response?

::Trellis was the first one out, phaser at the ready. He couldn't make anything out through the heavy smoke. Which meant that the Orions couldn't either. He laid down a few blasts of cover fire as they all exited the shuttle before moving toward the bay doors. Ready or not, here they came!::

((OOC: Since we haven't heard anything from Larson in a few weeks I'm writing her out of the active scene at the moment. If she comes back then we can continue with her as part of the team. She's 'there' with us, just not actively participating.))

tbc/tag

--
Lieutenant Commander Trellis Vondaryan
Chief of Intelligence