Captain Taybrim - All The Information (Tags: ALL)

Jamie LeBlanc

Aug 19, 2016, 2:16:41 AM8/19/16
to Sb118 Ops
(OOC - apologies all! I have been working some very long hours this week so I will catch bridge and back tags tomorrow. But I wanted to get the briefing post out tonight so we can keep the story moving forward :) ))

((Conference Room - USS Albion))
(Time Index: 1835 hours)

::The Albion was underway, speeding towards her rendezvous with the USS Avalon. It gave the crew a few hours of breathing room to prepare for what lay ahead.

Sal Taybrim strode into the conference room as the final members piled inside and took his place at the head of the table. It felt like a very businesslike family dinner where someone forgot the turkey. But there was fresh coffee, so that was a bonus.::

Taybrim: Thank you all for readying the Albion so quickly. I'm going to do my best to bring you up to speed as quickly as possible so everyone can get their departments ready before we make our rendezvous. Before we begin, I want to start with the good news. I'd like to announce two position shifts: Major Tatash will be serving concurrently as StarBase 118's second officer as of yesterday. And Lieutenant Flynn will step into Commander Falcon's role as Chief helm officer. I cannot express how much confidence I have in both of you.

Tatash/Flynn: ?

::He looked around and gestured to the new face that had come in just before launch::

Taybrim: I'd also like to welcome Ensign Ziron Antraydin, he's an engineer who joins us from the StarBase 118 Academy. ::He offered Ziron a warm smile:: We're glad to have you with us, Ensign.

::And he hoped that this mission would end well, so he could take some time to get to know Ziron better during shore leave.::

Antraydin: ?

::The fun stuff over and done with, Sal took in a deep breath, and a nice long sip of coffee to wet his throat before speaking. He had a lot to cover and he wanted to make it all as clear as possible.::

Taybrim: Over the last week three Klingon colonies have been attacked by an unknown assailant. The destruction was severe, and on the second attack - No'Vok - there were no survivors. Two days ago the B'Rel class IKS Jej'yan sent out a distress call identifying the attack ship as a D'Deridex class Romulan Warbird - the IRW Sienov. The Romulan Empire denies any connection to the attacks, but the Klingons are mobilizing for war. ::He paused and let that sink in.::

::Another sip of coffee. He was feeling a tightness in the pit of his gut, heightened by the growing concern in the room.::

Taybrim: However, Starfleet intelligence has reason to believe that the Romulans are telling the truth. There's evidence of a prison break on the border world of Zeta Pictoris. The Romulan's aren't releasing any information, but rumors say over a dozen guards were killed and several hundred prisoners escaped. The IRW Sienov was the patrol ship for that area.

Any: ?

::Sal nodded, fixing his dark eyes on the assembled crew.::

Taybrim: Correct, Starfleet intel believes the Sienov was hijacked; and the most likely mastermind behind such a crime is Haz Arrhimen.

::There was not a great gasp around the table. Just a few isolated reactions. It had been nine months since the Albion tangled with Haz Arrhimen, and many had no clue who the man was. Still, for those who knew him, it was a name that cut into the psyche.

Sal brought up information on the viewscreen, and an aging Antaran's face popped up on the screen. He was wearing a plain black jumpsuit, but older pictures showed him in a Starfleet uniform.::

Taybrim: Haz Arrhimen is an ex-Starfleet Captain, who used to command the USS Stormcrow. He's had a number of bad run ins with the Romulans over the course of his career, losing his first command and his first officer to a skirmish in 2384. However the incident that pushed him over the edge was in 2392 - Romulan Terrorists bombed a Federation freighter captained by Gij Arrhimen, Haz's younger brother. The freighter was destroyed, and all hands were lost. Haz Arrhimen reacted by hijacking the Stormcrow from Deep Space 85 while the majority of his crew were on shore leave, and heading for the Romulan Valdis colony in order to commit an act of war. ::he took in a breath:: Long story short, the USS Albion stopped him from doing so and Haz Arrhimen was presumed dead.

Any: ?

Taybrim: He was positively identified as very much alive and making a weapons deal on the Miranda VII spaceport. ::With a darkened frown he added:: And yes, all evidence traces Arrhimen's movements through Romulan space to the final destination of Zeta Pictoris. He left behind a trail of hijacked vessels. In my mind I'm sure Arrhimen's in the center seat. ::he took in a long, slow breath and had another sip of coffee before he settled into an aura of calm.:: Our orders are to rendezvous with the USS Avalon and follow her lead to the Klingon border colony Thosis - which is the next assumed target for the Sienov.

Any: ?

Taybrim: With two against one it will still be a difficult fight. The Sienov hasn't had any maintenance since the Hobus star explosion - and her less than prestigious patrol area indicates that the vessel had some damage that the Romulans never had the resources to tend to. ::He left a bit of silence ring through the room. The Albion was not new. The Avalon was not big. Kinney had not done them any favors.::

Any: ?

Taybrim: ::He looked around the room and started assigning duties to small groups.:: Ensign Aitas, I want you to work with Lieutenant Trel'lis and Ensign Kasun. Arrhimen's a starfleet officer. I want a complete profile on him - what we can expect and how we could counter it.

Trel'lis/Aitas/Kasun: ?

Taybrim: Lieutenant Taelon, I want you working with Major Tatash and Lieutenant Beyett. Co-ordinate what we know on the D'Deridex class and get me some ideas on how to take her down. Head to head we're going to get stomped, so let's get creative.

Taelon/Beyett/Tatash: ?

Taybrim: Doctor Ezo, Counselor Zinna - I want you to ready sickbay. Pull in Major Dal if you need him.

Ezo/Zinna: ?

Taybrim: Commander Whittaker, I want you to get scanning and engineering ready for a fight. Take Ensigns Sorna and Antraydin - get everything running so you can pass off to Antraydin and come back to the bridge for go-time. Lieutenant Moretti is already in engineering - I want you to co-ordinate with her.

Whittaker/Sorna/Antraydin: ?

Taybrim: Flynn, Kelly - you're on the bridge with me. We need every system calibrated to the finest degree. The Albion needs to dance like she's never danced before, and have the aim of an expert marksman.

Flynn/Kelly: ?

::He look one last look around the conference room, knowing he had dumped a lot of information on the group. He paused to let them process it all before asking::

Taybrim: Are there any questions?

Any: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~

Captain Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 Ops / USS Albion

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0