Lt. Mirra Ezo - Fun with chemistry! (Tags: Taybrim, Aitas, Krasch, Phrik)

1 view

Roxanna Canipe

Oct 22, 2016, 3:49:41 PM10/22/16
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((Security Section -Embassy of Raskor I))

::Mirra was pacing in increased agitation. Her adrenal glands had been worked overtime with the up and down roller-coaster of terror that had been this day. For a resort planet, it was decidedly stressful. Although she hadn't seen anything other than the embassy. Perhaps once this was all over, provided they survived, she could find a very large drink, a very comfortable hammock and a very large sign reading "disturb and be dismembered". But until then, they had to find a way to safely extract those in the path of the Angosian Augmented Super Soldier.::

Ezo: Of course dropping the shields are out of the question...we can't risk the Augment escaping... ::grimacing:: Lieutenant Krasch...what are the chances you have some sort of crowd control element built into the security system...?

Krasch: What do you mean? ::The Denobulan turned towards the doctor with a puzzled expression.::

Ezo: I mean, a flash grenade or concussion bomb could be utilized as a last resort...right? Having everyone passed out, but breathing is highly preferable to having her taking them out en-masse...

Aitas: That might work best. A knockout gas could be inefficient against an Augment.

Krasch: ::She nodded:: Yes, we have the basic suppression security installed, and the ventilation system can pump in any chemical that is in our database.  But with the mixed racial profile I'm cautious about a blanket gassing.

::A gas of some sort wouldn't be her first choice. Too many unknown variables that could further complicate an already highly complicated situation.::

Taybrim: ::He turned towards the intel officer::  Is there anything intel can provide to target an Angosian augment?

::Chewing on her bottom lip, she tried to recall everything she knew about Angosian genetic modifications. She had studied a small bit in medical school, but it was more of a cautionary tale, and a dire warning against playing Gods with genes, and less of a step by step.::

Aitas: Fear I don't have much to offer without eyes on her; I'll call up the tower and see if they have anything we can use.

Ezo: If they can give us anything physiological, it would be for the best. Who knows? Maybe they have reinforced retinas that wouldn't be affected by flash grenades...oO It would be just our luck...although it would hinder blinking...Angosian's still blink...I think...Oo::

Taybrim: Do it, but make it quick - we need to act quickly.

Aitas: No promises sir, but assassins are the sort of thing they'd keep an eye out for. ::It was better than standing about worrying at least.::

Krasch: Maybe we need a tower here on Raskor.  ::She sighed, feeling helpless and frustrated.  Worse, the Raskor security forces had been proven woefully inadequate.  They were relying almost fully on the Columbia's teams for support.::

::Mirra finally stopped pacing, only to rub her temples in increasing frustration. They always seemed to be a millisecond behind.  Had all their luck run out when they prevented the Commodore's assassination? And now an entire lounge of officers and civilians would be paying the price? She scolded herself internally, if she kept thinking along those lines, she would doom them for sure.::

Ezo: There must be something we're missing...

::Sal snapped to attention. Clearly something had sparked some sort of recollection. She waited in uneasy optimism, hoping whatever idea sprung to his mind would be their saving grace.::

Taybrim: Angosian augments - they went through chemical conditioning alongside genetic engineering to create the supersolider abilities.  That gives them a unique biochemical profile.  ::He looked towards Mirra, she was the biggest expert in biochemistry in the room:: What about venting the room with one of the trigger chemicals that are used in the genetic engineering process?

Ezo: ::talking quickly:: They had to have something to control them. Either a specific drug or compound to neutralize them. Creating a race of super soldiers and no way to control them would have ended right there in that lab...with disastrous results.

::Turning, her hands gesturing wildly. They had a lead, one she was grasping at for dear life.::

Ezo: Aitas please cross reference any notations in Angosian history about how they controlled the solider during the augmentations. Look for any keywords like "Control", "Neutralize" or "Dormant state".

Aitas: Response?

Krasch: And it would only target the assassin?

Taybrim: ::He offered an even nod:: She's the only one who's had genetic modifications and chemical conditioning.

Ezo: The only downside I can think is depending on what step in the genetic modification process, there may be only one final element used for...termination...

Aitas: Response?

Ezo: ::nodding slightly:: Indeed. There may have been certain compounds that controlled the actions of the Augments while going through the process, but in the case of failure...they would have to have a backup plan. You don't go into the gene splicing game without a safety net...

Aitas/Taybrim: Response? (if any)

::Thankfully the document that Aitas found was near all encompassing. Her guess, was that in the application process, the Angosians had to surrender more than a few case files. Directed to a new terminal, Mirra cross referenced the veritable book of pharmaceuticals used in the process, to narrow down something that would incapacitate.::

Taybrim: Krasch, connect to the medical replicators and load this chemical compound into the suppression system.

Krasch: ::She blinked, moving to the control panel and admitting:: I've never done that before...

Taybrim: Aitas, assist Krasch.  Doctor - you'll be in control of the aerosol, we need enough concentration that it starts to affect the assassin, but not so much that we choke the bystanders.

::She nodded, her eyes never leaving the terminal. The cocktail would be brutal, but only having paralytic effects for the Augment. Although she made a side note that there may be some respiratory treatments available for the unfortunate bystanders.::

Ezo: ::tapping the console swiftly:: The effects should be instantaneous, we're looking at a muscular paralytic and a neurological sedative. If this works how it should, we will be looking at a Super Soldier statue upon release.

Aitas: Response?

Taybrim: =/\=Taybrim to T'Jem, we're deploying an aerosol suppressant that will target only the augment. =/\=

::The unmistakable sound of phaser fire could be heard through the crackling commline. Had they been too late?::

T'Jem: =/\= ? (if any)

::Once again, her wide eyes locked with the Captains, then shifted to Aitas standing beside her. oO Hello again complication...Oo::

Taybrim: Deploy it now!  ::He didn't even bother asking if it was ready.  It was implied that it needed to be ready, or to simply work as fast as possible.::

::She jolted, eyes scanning quickly over the order. It had to be right. It had to. She quickly sent the specs to Lt. Krasch for deploy.::

Ezo: ::near shouting:: Formula complete! Ready for deploy Lieutenant Krasch?

Krasch Yes, we're ready!

Aitas/Taybrim: Response?

::Her hands balled into fists as her eyes shut tight. She hated that she was close, yet felt as if she was a whole quadrant away. There had been no time for testing, no control, no extensive documentation on the stages of completion, just creation and instant distribution. If her calculations were off, even a little bit, they may have just signed the death certificates of everyone in that room.::

Ezo: ::strained:: Bio sign report?

Taybrim/Aitas/Krasch: Response?

Ezo: ::eyes widening:: How many?? How did they increase??

::By the Gods, had she somehow mutated an entire room full of people to reflect additional bio signatures?::

Taybrim/Aitas/Krasch: Response?

::Ah. That made more sense. The Columbia had beamed in additional security. She hadn't just played Frankenstein with a lounge full of subjects. She made her way over to the terminal to review the reports herself. There didn't appear to be any casualties that she could discern, but of course the terminal was just monitoring life signs, and not the conditions of said life signs. She was itching to get in there and check everyone out.::

Ezo: ::looking towards Taybrim:: What's or next move, sir?

Taybrim: Response?

((OOC - Happy to continue this!))

((Raskor I – Embassy medical bay))

((Timeskip 24 hours))

::The combined efforts of the security teams, and the chemical compound deployed into the ventilation system had neutralized the augment threat. And by the grace of the Gods, there hadn't been any lasting adverse effects to the majority of the hostages. That is...with the exception of the supremely unlucky Dr. Phrik.  When they received the all clear, it had become apparent that Phrik had been directly in the path of the flash bomb. He hadn't regained full consciousness, and Mirra was decidedly worried. Upon her initial examination, he had a severe concussion, as expected, but after several hours, the pupil refraction in his left eye seemed to decline. That brought them to now. She had the penlight in hand, and was preparing to once again examine the dilation, when the Edosian regained consciousness.::

Ezo ::steadying him:: Whoa there Doc, take it easy...you've been out for the last 24 hours. Don't push yourself...

::She got him settled back in the bed. He seemed to have some lingering disorientation. She had been hoping the much needed nap would have rectified that...yet another thing that was concerning.::

Phrik: Feels like my head is on fire. ::He turned his head towards her and frowned. She too was undulating with the rest of the room.:: Whatever medication you’ve put me on isn’t working.

::Her hands froze on his shoulders. Besides the mild analgesic she had given him and everyone to ease the discomfort from the flash grenade, and the nutrient cocktail to purge the system of the respiratory irritant, she hadn't given him any additional medications.::

Ezo: ::eyebrows furrowed in concern:: You...aren't being given any medications Dr. Phrik...

Phrik: ::Alarmed:: What?!

::Alright, he was conscious, time to get a more thorough examination. She moved directly to the left of the biobed, holding the penlight upright, she moved the bright, concentrated beam in a slow, deliberate pattern in front of his left eye.::

Phrik: What happened?!

Ezo: A flash bomb was deployed, in an attempt to neutralize the threat. From what I can gather...you were directly beside it when it went off. It resulted in one hell of a concussion, as I am sure you are acutely aware of. In fact...you are the only one who didn't regain consciousness within a few hours...

Phrik: Response?

::Mirra half sat on the corner of the bed next to him. He was a fellow physician, and one who did not appreciate any sort of sugar coating. She wondered if that term was even in he vocabulary. She highly doubted it. But, clinical coldness wasn't her thing. Setting aside the penlight, she grasped his closet hand in hers, squeezing gently.::

Ezo: Well, we will certainly be running more tests, and it may just be a prolonged reaction to the flash bomb, but as it stands, we're looking at the very real possibility this could be Cortical blindness. There has been some cranial swelling that hasn't ebbed yet...

Phrik: Response?

Ezo: ::nodding slowly:: Of course. And there are options, all things that can be discussed in length and decided upon when we return to the base, For now, my suggestion would be to rest as much as you can. It may just be the extensive swelling is putting pressure along the optic nerve...and in time may correct itself.

Phrik Response?

Ezo: That is always an option, but I am less inclined to suggest exploratory surgery unless it's our only option. As for today, and the remaining days of leave that follow, you need to take it easy. To prevent the...understandable disorientation, and to protect the cornea, we will be utilizing a patch. Temporarily.

Phrik: Response?

Ezo: ::looking around:: Well? We are on a tropical planet, and you'll be wearing an eye patch...::smirking:: I think you'll make a rather dashing pirate.

Phrik: Response?

Ezo: ::looking down, smothering her grin:: Right. Too soon. Sorry...

Phrik: Response? (If any)

Lieutenant Mirra Ezo, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Starbase 118 Ops