Lt. Commander Whittaker & MSNPC Jemet: Appearances & Other Deceptions (Tag: Flynn)

Michael Meir-Wright

Feb 26, 2016, 6:08:30 PM2/26/16
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
(( The Factory - Tilanna V ))

:: Theo didn't like to imbibe alcohol so early in the day but he knew that he would stick out like a Ferengi at a Klingon opera if he ordered something else so he told the barkeep to make him a gin and tonic. Looking at the musty, smeared bottles behind the bar he instantly knew that it wasn't going to be a particularly good gin. From what he had pieced together about this border planet he suspected that well crafted alcohol would be hard to come by.

Taking the glass off to the sticky bar top, he turned around and scanned the room for Antero, who by now was moving off to a 'quieter' area of the bar. They locked eyes with each other with the executive officer giving him a nod to proceed and the CAG replying with an odd gesture.

Next to him, Jemet was impressed. ::

Jemet: "He doesn't waste any time does he?"

Whittaker: :: chuckling :: "No, no he does not." :: beat :: "I learnt that first hand."

Jemet: :: looking at him surprised :: "Really?"

Whittaker: :: he nodded slightly as he took a sip of his drink :: "We were involved for a while." :: he grimaced at the taste of the beverage :: "Ack! This tastes like plasma coolant."

Jemet: "Come on, let's talk a little tour." :: beat :: "Not that there is much to show."

:: They proceeded around the edge of the room, taking in every little detail. To Theo, it seemed that most of the patrons of the bar likely had no idea where they were given the fact that they were mostly semi-conscious. Only the gruff Chalnoth bar keep and the Caitain dancer seemed to be compos mentis. ::

Whittaker: "How can people let themselves get like this?" :: as if on cue a drunken Andorian stumbled past them, half falling against Jemet, who pushed him off. ::

Jemet: "It's easy for you to say living the good life on that shining base of yours Detective." :: beat :: "Things like this don't happen in paradise." :: beat, harshly :: "This is reality right here. It's grim, unpleasant and it's tough."

Whittaker: :: defensively, coming to a stop and fixing her with a glare :: "Take it from me Jemet, that life where I live is anything but easy. I've had to deal with vengeful terrorists, plots from parralell universes and an outbreak of weaponized tribbles." :: he looked around to make sure they were not being overheard. :: "It might look like paradise, but it's far from it." :: he felt his head grow hot with indignation and he looked around again, wishing that Antero was with him, instead of doing goodness knows what to elicit information from whoever Dakkeem was. ::

Jemet: :: sheepishly :: "Look... I'm sorry. Today has not been my day. Two hours ago I was being shot at in a skimmer by rioters and then the Governor."

:: Theo recognised the look of somebody who had said too much, quickly followed by Jemet looking hastily away. Theo was about to press the issue when he caught of Flynn emerging from the room with a flustered Srin Dakeem following behind him. He said nothing until the Risian reached them. ::

Whittaker: "Anything?"

Flynn: ?

TAG

--