Commander Taybrim - Punch Drunk (Tag: Ezo/Andersen/Greyson|Falcon/Anders/Bridge)

Jamie LeBlanc

Mar 28, 2016, 1:42:10 PM3/28/16
to Sb118 Ops
((Bridge of the USS Armstrong-A - Holodeck 7 - StarBase 118))

::The flash of lights and heady sounds of the old fashioned Constitution-class ship hummed around them as the crew took stations. A second later as the program flared to life the ship was hurtling off into the cosmos - directly into the dangerous fields of the Klingon Empire.::

Anders: ::turns to face Flynn’s station:: Mute that alert, ::looks at Taybrim:: Yeoman record it in our log, set all logs to send to Star Fleet Command and launch a class 1 transponder right away.

Flynn: ::Returning his smile.:: Aye, Captain!

Taybrim: Yes, Sir! ::Sal emphasized the sir a little too hard, rather enjoying his role of supporting - or was that harassing? Baylen Anders. If it was harassment, it was a kind and gentle sort that came with a lot of amusement.::

::Everyone hopped to, desperately trying to slow the Armstrong as she sped towards danger. Sal admitted he was impressed by how well the crew came together - playing teh game and fulfilling new roles in creative ways. Though he also admitted he got quite a chuckle watching Falcon fiddle with her earpiece.

As the USS Armstrong came to a sudden and halting stop the brige was full of a flurry of activity::

Vondaryan: Sir, I'm detecting an unauthorized power surge in the transporters.

Anders/Greyson: ?

Vondaryan: I can't detect any transporter residue at all. Nothing in or out.

Taelon: Sir, I’m also not seeing any signs of residue, but it’s possible that that fluctuation could be a side-effect of the system issues we’ve been experiencing. ::His console chirped repeatedly as he worked his way through the systems, some of which were still powering back online. He looked over at command again.:: It could also indicate someone’s accessing those systems from elsewhere in the ship, sir.

Whittaker: :: calling out :: I'm on it!

::It appeared that whoever had sabotaged the engines wanted more than just a sight-seeing tour of Klingon space...::

Trel'lis: If that's the case, can we use internal sensors to locate and identify who's accessing those systems, regardless of *thier* locations?

Whittaker: :: looking to Greyson :: What do you think?

Greyson: ?

Trel'lis: Their biosignatures should be able to reveal who it may be.

Taybrim: ::Looking to Anders:: You may wish to break the crew up, they can serach a larger area in small groups.

Anders: ?

::Meanwhile Engineer Whittaker found some pertinent information and his head snapped up in exictement::

Whittaker: :: smirking :: Captain Anders, I may have something.

Anders: ?

Whittaker: I've jury rigged the ship's navigational deflector to emit a low-level iconic pulse that should disable any cloaked Klingon vessels within a 35,000 kilometer radius.

Anders/Flynn/Greyson: ?

Whittaker: We'd have to evacuate the outer hull areas because we'll show up as a giant X-Ray flare. :: beat :: Which will also mean any other Klingon ships in the area will pick us up.

Anders: ?

Taybrim: We'll be a big glowing target. ::That didn't seem quite so dire when one knew that's exactly what the program wanted you to be.::

Whittaker: Just give me the word and I'll press the button.

Anders: ?

::As the hull quickly evacuated the pulse went forward and immediately there were two shimmers on the viewscreen. Two B'Rel class Bird of Prey decloaked within kissing distance of the Armstrong.::

Taybrim: Well, someone was waiting for us...

::A shrill whistle came over the communications line::

Falcon: ?

Commline: =/\=qatlh naDev DIvI' targh?=/\=

::And the screen flashed up a nice little puzzle for the translation::

Falcon: ?

Commline: =/\= Why are you here, Federation swine?=/\=

Falcon/Anders: ?

::The screen rippled into the face of a swarthy Klingon, who looked less than amused at the presence of a Federation ship::

Kothos: I am Commander Kothos of the IKS Hk'Ger. You will explain your presence!

Anders/Flynn: ?

((OOC - I'm letting the conversation on the viewscreen play out while I work with some tags at the back of the bridge))

::However, as the crew was focused on the viewscreen, something unseen was going on behind the scenes. A tiny trickle of gas seeped into the holodeck. It wasn't from the program. It wasn't from the so called saboteurs, either. It was from a tiny canister implanted into the ventilation system; unknown to the senior staff, unknown to any on Ops except for the one maintenance crewman who unwittingly placed it there, and her superior officers who was on the payroll of someone dark...

It was clear, odorless, colorless. Draining down just above the console where Greyson and Taybrim were standing.

It touched Sal's nostril's first, and they flared for a moment, catching a hint of something... strange. Oh, well, must be an oddity of the program.

A second later he felt just a little dizzy. Well, no - not dizzy. More like giddy. Like he had just taken a drink of very strong and delicious alcohol. A faint buzz. He shook his head, thinking he probably didn't get enough sleep last night::

Taybrim: I should have slept in longer. ::He muttered, casting a glance towards Greyson. Was he insane? Greyson looked a little drunk, too.::

Greyson: ?

::He took a slightly wobbly step back. It wasn't an unpleasant feeling - not in the least. But he hadn't drank anything since the party and that was several days ago.::

Taybrim: Hm, wonder if the ship is leaking anything? Wait... the Klingons never fired upon us, did they?

Greyson: ?

Taybrim: ::He giggled at that, just a little. It was out of place and somewhat inappropriate.:: Maybe they should have!

Greyson: ?

Ezo/Andersen: ?

Taybrim: ::He turned towards the doctors, face full of honest innocence:: No, no... I feel fine, really!

Ezo/Andersen: ?

Taybrim: ::Putting his hand sin the air in mock-drama:: I'm not a saboteur, either! Promise!

Ezo/Andersen: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC - This is the very start of the craziness. The effects are very mild right now - a light drunken buzz, mild euphoria and a gentle lowering of inhibitions. Anyone can feel it, or choose to resist at this time. As we move forward there will be more information both IC and OOC about the effects of what is going on in the holodeck. Remember you're off duty, so have fun with this!!
~*~

Commander Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0