Commander Taybrim - Dang Dirty Tribbles (NT)

Jamie LeBlanc

Jan 13, 2016, 1:45:16 AM1/13/16
to Sb118 Ops
((Main Convention Center - StarBase 118))

::Tribbles, tribbles everywhere - and not a lick of sense to why. Or, rather, there was a creeping answer as to why and that answer included sabotage and attempted murder or at the very least ill tempered mayhem.

Either way, Sal knew that transporting unsterilized tribbles in and of itself was a crime. Creating mass breeding weaponized ones was something even worse.::

Taybrim: “Unfortunately the little beasts got directly into the food supply. And you all know what that means. They have full tummies and are on the move...”

Tatash: “We’ve got this area as secure as possible, but if some rolled into the ventilation ducts from the Kitchen… we could have a big problem”

Liani: “Too bad you can’t herd them”.

:: Liani paused, head poking up as an idea seemed to come to her.::

Tatash: “Got a thought, Doctor?”

::Sal leaned forward equally curious to hear the doctor out. But first it appeared that her mental processes needed to be jumpstarted through a conversation with her marsupial friend.

Which struck Sal a quite an odd thing to carry around. 'Is that a marsupial in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?' jokes danced in his head.

Wait, Starfleet uniforms didn't have pockets...::

Liani:: Have the labs generate this pheromone chain- it’s Kling-

Charlie: Ch’r

Liani: Yes it would smell bad-

Charlie: Ch’k’ ch’rr!

Liani: I know! But Tribbles hate Klingons, more to the point they hate how they smell and vice versa. :: Turning from Charlie and back to Taybrim and Tatash :: It’s just an idea- anyway let me send this - Frost- just take my PADD sir- if you like the idea run with it, I’m going to gather up the victims and get us sickbay.

::He perked a brow. She was talking about pure, unadulterated eau de Klingon. Which had to smell about a thousand times worse than those 'Klingon Spice' commercials they used to air on the Federation News Service.::

Tatash: “If we get some of those Pheromones into a spray we could start blocking their routes of escape, if it’s as good as the Doctor thinks it’ll be”

Raisillius: ?

Charlie: “Chi’r ‘rr”

Liani: “Cute? How could you tell under all that armor?”

::Was she flirting? First with Dal and then Tatash? Sal shook his head. Some people simple spoke 'flirt' as a language.::

Liani =^= “Dr. Liani calling in to request an emergency transport- lock in on Major Ishreth Dal, Dr. Arlia Anders, the Haliaan Dorfmann, and myself “

::The doctor rose to her feet, moved several paces towards one of the fallen, and in one casual motion grabbed a dinner fork and stabbed a tribble square in the meaty bits.

It shrieked horribly and fell silent.::

Liani =^= “Transport us to the sickbay holding the fallen kitchen staff, now.”

::And then she was gone in a haze of transporter light, tribble and all. Sal stood there for a moment feeling curiously numb.

Not the same kind of numb he had felt when the Stormcrow blew apart into a glittering mass of ions. No, this sort of numb was the curious questioning feeling wondering if he had somehow consumed far more alcohol than he remembered, because everything had quickly gone from reasonably boring to incredibly surreal.::

Tatash: “That was… cold”

::From a 7 foot member of a cold-blooded species who happened to be allergic to said fluffballs that was really saying something.::

Taybrim: Not the action I expected from a doctor. ::he admitted.::

::Sal was rarely a judgmental person, and truth be told it took time before he formed a final opinion on anybody. But it was a curious bookmark to him in his understanding of their new Andorian doctor.::

Tatash: “Speaks volumes for her bedside manner… Hmph, we need to start thinking of something to do with these. I hate to say it, but if even their purr is going to cause harm then…”

::The marine let his finger linger on the settings of his phaser, the unspoken intention all to easy to read even without being a telepath.

To be honest, Sal was getting to the frustration point where he would completely condone such an act. Getting - but not arrived yet. The diplomat in his was the rational voice that came out.::

Taybrim: While I don't discount it, this is a highly publicized event, attended by many animal rights activists...

Tatash: “I know Sir, last resort. We’ll bag up what we can here and monitor the internal sensors from the CIC. Although with already so many tribbles on the station, I don’t even know what we’ll be looking for.”

::He nodded agreement to that. His own background in science was focused on computers and physics - not biology and certainly not breeding.::

Taybrim: I wish I knew more about tribble genetics. ::well no, not really, but it would be handy right about now.:: The majority of these breeding tribbles appear to be in the grey-silver-smoke range, but I don't know how easily different colors will crop up. We'll have to wait to hear from medical on what specific tells these weaponized tribbles have.

Tatash: “We’ll find a pressurized cargo container for these things, there’s a few moored in the dry dock for livstock. At least there they won’t be able to escape unless they can survive in a vacuum”

Taybrim: Doubtful. ::He nodded assent:: That's a good plan, we can spare the cargo crew to help enact it.

Tatash: “See to it Sergeant, you handle the scene here. Lieutenant ::He pointed to Raisillius:: CIC with me. The rest of you, tricorders out, make sure we got them all.”

::Tatash moved off, giving orders to his team while Sal intercepted the incoming Ensign Andersen::

Andersen: The convention centre has been evacuated, Sir.

::He looked about, realizing that yes, in fact, it had gone awfully quiet and he had simply taken it as the calm before the storm or a nice little perk he had forgotten about because it was comfortingly serene in some small way against the chaotic backdrop of terror tribbles.::

Taybrim: Were you able to catalogue and scan everyone who left?

::he was reassured when she responded in the affirmative.::

Andersen: I’ve had an initial report and some discrepancies have been highlighted - between the guest list and those we have recorded as leaving.

Taybrim: Discrepancies? :::He perked a brow in a curious manner, his expression clearly not questioning Andersen, but instead wondering if this was a potential lead towards suspects.:: Who were they?

Andersen: Mainly our VIP guest here for the convention, well at least some of them. There could be perfectly innocent explanations. I’ll go over the visual footage, establish a timeline and go from there…

::Sal wished he could say he was surprised. But in a convention full of arrogant, self motivated people who all had the skills to breed dangerous tribbles, it gave them a handy list of suspects.::

Andersen: I’m likely to need to question our guest further - But I’ll tread carefully. I appreciate how sensitive this could be.

Taybrim: I appreciate your attention to detail on this, Ensign. ::he paused, thinking the issue through carefully::

Andersen: I’m heading to the security office now. I’ll make sure you have an update in the morning.

Taybrim: I appreciate it. ::He held up a hand before she left:: Beyond Lieutenant Stevens, you'll want to co-ordinate and work with Lieutenant Vondaryan and Commander Whittaker on the list of suspects and questioning.

::As she left he was confident she would do a fine job; it was a small solace in an otherwise crazy situation.

He didn't get much farther on that train of thought when another call came through on the commline.::

Broi:=/\= Commander Taybrim, Ensign Broi here. Need the containment field around the kitchen dropped momentarily so I can get Commander West out, he has been affected. Need medical just outside or beam us to sickbay then put containment back up. =/\=

::Unbidden he felt his heart leap up to his throat. West, affected?::

Taybrim: =/\= No need to drop the field, Ensign. Emergency medical transport can penetrate a level 1 physical containment. I'm giving you authorization of emergency transport=/\=

Broi: ::There was a quick affirmative:: =/\=Broi out.=/\=

::He hoped, very much, that she would be able to get West to sickbay and that the doctors were well on their way to a cure. He already saw Rubani and Zinna had beamed out - which was a relief. He believed they could make fast progress working together.

But now he had to wait, and try to get the rest of the station's ducks in order to make sure no one was seriously hurt by this...::

~*~
tbc
~*~

Commander Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0