Major Tatash: "A Gorn for all seasons" (Tag: Cain/Whittaker/Raisillius/M Whittaker/Dal/Zinna)

Daniel Eastham

Apr 19, 2016, 8:34:17 AM4/19/16
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((SB118 Holodeck))

::Once more Tatash found himself taking the mantle of rescuing hero, although this time it was more with a slightly bemused reaction. No one had thankfully been really hurt aside from a few bumps, and the culprit had apparently disappeared in a puff of smoke and mirrors in an incredibly theatrical way.::

Whittaker: Chennel was playing with us. :: darkly :: If she can crack into the station's secure holodeck systems, there is no telling what else she can do.

Tatash: It goes to prove that whatever security we have is... inadequate.

Trel'lis: That’s the scary part of this whole matter.

Whittaker: Can you excuse me? :: he moved past the Gorn and Trel'lis and walked over to Baylen :: Hey you.

::Tatash watched as his friend moved over to Anders, understandably wanting to seek a bit of reassurance. The truth was, whoever this deviant was that was causing so much trouble and had stirred up so many deep seated reactions from his friends was clearly in a position not to be underestimated. Tricky on a holodeck was one thing, but to have the mechanism to deploy what drugs through the air filtration system was something altogether more concerning::

Raisillius: Excuse me, major, sorry to interrupt. But I have a feeling we're missing something. ::he frowned::

::Tatash turned his attention to his closest colleague. Although there was no recognition or title for being a second in command of the Marines, Raisillius had rapidly become his right hand. If he said something was amiss, then there was.::

Tatash: I’d agree. We still don’t know who could have deployed this substance in the first place. Any leads?

Raisillius: ::shaking his head:: I'm not sure. Maybe the Hub could help.

Tatash: By all means Captain take point on this. I’ve only just got back.

Raisillius: =/\= Raisillius to Major Dal and the Hub. Any new information for us, sir? =/\=

Dal/M. Whittaker/Zinna: =/\= ?

Raisillius: =/\= Acknowledged, sir. I'll order some people to ask them. ::beat:: Have you noticed anything odd about the holodeck? Other than it being locked and subject to strange intoxicants earlier? =/\=

Dal/M. Whittaker/Zinna: =/\= ?

Ezo: You just HAD to make a grand entrance didn't you?

::Tatash turned and grinned a toothy grin at his favorite Doctor::

Tatash: Anything to impress you Ezo, you’re a hard woman to win over.

Ezo: ::grinning:: Well, despite the flashy pyrotechnics, it was much appreciated.

Tatash: I’m keeping count you know. I think this is the forth time? ::He held up four chunky fingers::

Greyson: Care to escort me to sickbay, Doc?

Ezo: Response

Greyson: Not planning on skipping out on you, ma'am. Hence why I requested the escort.

Ezo: Response

::Tatash watched the pair leave, seemingly the numbers in the holodeck starting to make their way back into the real world, much to his own relief. Although something nagged the back of his mind, was someone missing? He did a quiet headcount, before clicking suddenly that the rusty haired spymaster was no where to be seen. Had he been part of the mission to begin with?::

Taybrim: Has anyone seen Lieutenant Vondaryan?

:: That answered Tatash’s internal monologue instantly, causing him to get a knot in his stomach immediately. This was not welcome news.. ::

Tatash: I was just wondering the same.

 Trel'lis/Cain/Any: ?

Whittaker: Not since he left the Armstrong. :: beat :: Has he ended up elsewhere?

 Taybrim: ::He shook his head:: The computer says he's still in the holodeck, and I can ... sense... something.  I think he's still here and something happened when we shut down the program.

Tatash: We didn’t damage the holomatrix itself with our charges, just the door servo’s. They were designed to burn through, not blow them up.

Trel'lis/Cain/Any: ?

Taybrim: :: to Trel'lis :: Lieutenant Trel'lis - I want you with me.  I'll be heading to the Ops hub in a little while to help co-ordinate finding our criminals.  I know I'll need some diplomatic finesse.

Trel'lis: ?

Taybrim: Commander Whittaker, you've got Mr. Cain and any support MajorTatash can provide- find out what happened to Vondaryan and get him back.

Whittaker: Aye sir. :: as he replied, his eyes travelled from one ginger Betazoid to another, this one distinctly more feminine and sarcastic. If Sal could sense the Vissian, he knew that Mirra would for sure. ::

Tatash: Understood. Captain, you’re in command of the scene.

Raisillius: ?

Cain:?

Taybrim: When Greyson gets out of sickbay, grab him and use him as well.

Whittaker: Understood.

Cain: ?

:: Sal stepped forward, lowering his voice. ::

Taybrim: You might want to utilize Mirra as well.  I can sense Vondaryan... but my telepathy isn't strong enough to make a quality connection.  She might be able to do what I can't.

Whittaker: I've already thought of that. :: smiling :: Don't worry sir, we'll get him back. Let's take this down to the engineering. :: beat :: Some of the most sensitive scanning equipment is down there.

Tatash: Really? Still remember where everything is now you're brass? ::he joked, trying to lighten a sombre moment::

Cain: ?

Whittaker:
Believe it or not, I never got to spend any time there was I was Chief Engineer. :: he had been far too busy trying to keep the Starship Albionfrom exploding all over Romulan space and within hours of reporting back to the Starbase, Sal had offered him the Executive Officer's job. Dismissing the memories of that traumatic battle, he turned around to face Mirra and Ensign Greyson. :: Doctor Ezo, Ensign Greyson- when you have finished your business in sickbay, report to Main Engineering.

 Ezo/Greyson: ?

(( Time Jump ))

(( Main Engineering - Deck 1314, Starbase 118 ))

 :: Engineering was one place Tatash had never really bothered going down to. The most the Marines had to do was guard the computer core and occasionally patrol the monstrous looking fusion generators he was looking at now. He couldn’t help but balk at the sheer size of everything, it was some sort of grand cathedral to modern technology and Theo was already looking like he was deeply within his element. This was the heart of the station, beating away with a dull heartbeat as forces behind imagining wrought unfathomable power.

In essence, It was pretty cool.::

Whittaker: This is what we know so far: Lieutenant Vondaryan left the bridge of the USS Armstrong and joined the away team sent to bring back Commander Anders. Ensign Greyson- in a feat of engineering genius for which I heartily intend to buy him a variety of alcoholic drinks once this mess is behind us- terminated the programme and we were all returned to the hologrid. All except the aforementioned Lieutenant. The computer registered him as being with us although for all intents and purposes, he wasn't. :: beat :: Opinions please.

Tatash: He didn’t just beam someplace outside the holodeck did he? I mean, we couldn’t get in from what I understand but could someone get out? Maybe it was a targeting accident? Then again, Taybrim did say he was still there...

Cain:

Whittaker: :: nodding :: They were my first thoughts as well. :: beat :: Computer, run a level four diagnostic of the bioreading scanners.

 Computer: :: in that bland, sterile feminine tone :: Level 4 diagnostic complete. Bioreading scanners are fully functional, no malfunctions reported.

Whittaker: :: nodding in understanding :: Re-run diagnostic, searching for signs of possible intrusion into biodata mainframe.

:: The computer chirped affirmatively and in the pause, Theo turned to the two men. ::

Tatash: You’re thinking a saboteur did this?

Cain: ?

Whittaker: :: nodding :: If she could breach the holodeck systems, its entirely possible that she might have infiltrated other systems. :: beat :: And Trellis is a tempting target given he is assigned to both the Black Tower as well as Station Command. :: beat, thinking aloud. :: Although, she could have easily taken any one of Columbia crew who encountered her on Hemix. Including myself. :: pause, refusing to contemplate that horrifying idea. :: No, my gut instinct is telling that me Chennel isn't behind this.

Computer: Diagnostic complete. Bioreading scanners fully function, no malfunctions reported. Biodata mainframe secure, no attempted intrusions detected.

Tatash: Well the good news at least is Taybrim appears to be able to sense Vondaryan using ‘the force’, which mean’s he’s still at least in one piece.

::Tatash frowned at himself, pop culture references? This Gorn had spent far too much time among Starfleet. Although, it had been a pretty good series of ancient earth movies, excluding the abominations that were the prequels::

Cain: ?

Whittaker: folding his arms and knitting his brow. :: So, let's get to know our inner Vulcans gentlemen: the computer records Lieutenant Vondaryan as being on Holodeck 7 and we our biosign scanners are working perfectly, with no intrusions detected. Therefore, we can understand that he was on holodeck 7 but we were unable to see him. :: beat :: How could this be achieved?

:: He looked at the two for possible suggestions. ::

Tatash: Well, transporters works on the principle of matter being broken down to subatomic particles before being reassembled in real-space on the other side. For the period it’s floating throug
h the ether, I believe they travel through subspace while the pattern buffer holds the ‘blueprint’ for the person being put back together again on the other side. Now, it’s important to remember that these are stored on a quantum buffer, taking into account the intricacies of quantum mechanics, it’s entirely possible that in a certain erroneous set of circumstances that the constituent parts are reassembled outside of our own dimensional concept, as the same mechanisms rely on dimensions much numerous then our own limited understanding and reality of three. Therefore it’s possible that Vondaryan is fully alive and well, but phased out of our own concept of existence, shifted to an nth dimension. Now, usually to do so you have to introduce an exponential increase of energy at a specific time beca...

::Tatash paused as he spotted the pair of them looking at him incongruously, furrowing his own brow.::

Cain/Whittaker:

::Tatash scoffed and folded his arms a little::

Tatash: What? You just think I learned how to blow things up in the Academy? I’ll have you know I actually rather enjoyed theoretical physics.

Cain/Whittaker: ?

Tatash: Pfft, stereotyping me? I’m hurt. ::he chuckled, before looking down at the assorted readings being thrown off the machine:: Although I can hypothesize what could have happened, how we actually poke about finding him is entirely at the mercy of the machines you have.

Cain/Whittaker: ?

--

Major. Tatash

Marine Lead