pNPC Commodore Kinney - Pulling the Leash (NT)

Jamie LeBlanc

Mar 1, 2016, 2:27:04 AM3/1/16
to Sb118 Ops

((Starfleet Headquarters: Trinity sector - Raskor I))

::Commodore Allan Kinney sat on the veranda of his office overlooking the tropical paradise that was Raskor I. A few native Raskorian youth were splashing in the ocean that lay beyond the white sand beaches, wetting their feathers and chasing two human children. Kinney could faintly hear the giggles from his chair.

Unfortunately Kinney was the sort of person who paradise had little effect on. He was still sour as ever, and irritated that his reports from IA were late.

The talk at the Raskor HQ was all about the infiltration of the Jenatris Confederation. Some of the smarter desk jockeys even insinuated that the Jenatris Confederation was looking a whole lot like the Orion Syndicate.

Kinney wanted answers. He had done more than a few favors for his agent in the field, and this kid had better answer him::

Rilem: =/\=Yes, what it is, I told you I would be home when I get home damn it, I am having a drink. =/\=

::Of course he had gone planetside. Kinney stifled a groan of irritation. While Captain Handley-Page had been rather predictable, this Taybrim was a royal pain in Kinney's crotch. Rilem was supposed to stay on the ship... at least that was what Kinney was hoping for::

Kinney: =/\= So you're planetside. Great. I hope you're still able to get my research done. =/\=

Rilem: =/\= So far on schedule, I had some issues explaining why I am here, but the weapons seemed to help with that. =/\=

::He picked up a glass and drained the last of the whiskey from it::

Kinney: =/\= You should be shipside. I'm concerned about some of these new crew Taybrim keeps taking on. Nadia. Rohan. =/\= ::He swallowed whatever other negative things he was about to say and instead remarked:: =/\= Whatever, do what you need to do. =/\=

::Unhappy, but at least he wasn't irrational.::

Rilem: =/\= You are going to have to be happy with the updates I sending you as I can send them. You’re going to blow both my covers. I will make sure you know what is going down as close to real time as I can get, but I have to close the com line, before Aegis picks up the node. =/\=

Kinney: =/\= Alright. I'll be waiting. =/\=

::The line closed, leaving the Commodore staring blankly at his screen.

The crew on StarBase 118 Ops was starting to get the reputation for not following Kinney's orders and he didn't like that one bit. They had charged into conflict with the Stormcrow, and how the Albion had pulled out a victory without lighting off a war with the Romulans Kinney still didn't know.

Now they had pulled the Aegis and were sticking their nose into the criminal underbelly of Tilanna V; and Kinney didn't like it. This crew was a loose cannon, one that he needed to keep a close eye on.

Pretty soon it would be time to put a call into the Aegis and rattle some cages. Maybe that would let these space cowboys know that Allan Kinney meant business...::

~*~
tbc...
~*~

pNPC Commodore Allan Kinney
StarFleet Command
Raskor I

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0