MSNPC Dorfmann - The Tribble Starts (Tag: ANY/ALL)

Jamie LeBlanc

Jan 8, 2016, 2:51:03 PM1/8/16
to Sb118 Ops
((OOC - the last part of this post happens at the end of the dinner for all tables. You can all sim or just allude to fact that dinner and dessert were already served before the action takes place))

((StarBase 118 - dressing rooms, convention center))
(time index: just before the start of the dinner)

::Anseidora Dorfmann had a headache. Stupid arrogant tribble breeders. They all hated her for being, well, more perfect than they were. Which was, in her opinion, a stupid reason to hate someone. If they wanted to be as good as her, they should work as hard as she did.

So she was hiding out in her dressing room, letting Kelsa calm her down and fix her hair - again.::

Kelsa: Oh, miss, did you see that Lady Shali brought you a gift?

Dorfmann: A gift? ::She canted her head:: That was sweet. ::Gifts were not uncommon for guest speakers, and Shali was a fantastic host. She turned to see a beautifully wrapped package done up in silver paper with blue ribbons. Blue was her favorite color - it was a nice touch.:: Bring it to me, please, Kelsa?

Kelsa: Certainly, Miss. ::The little assistant retrieved the package, setting it in Anseiora's hands, and waiting for her mistress to unwrap it before going back to decorating the long black tresses.::

::There was a mild purr as the package was opened and Dorfmann gasped a little, pulling out a beautiful smoke grey tribble that had perfect white tips to the guard fur, giving the animal a shimmering silver color overall.::

Dorfmann: Well aren't you lovely? ::She smiled. Smoke grey was not a particularly rare breed, but this tribble was unusually well bred and perfectly shaded for one of its kind. And it would look wonderful with her ensemble.::

Kelsa: ::Looking over:: oooh, you don't breed smokes, do you?

Dorfmann: ::She shook her head:: I dabbled with them when I was younger, but they're more of a pet-tribble breed than a professional breed. Still... ::She held the quivering fluffball to the light:: This is an absolutely beautiful example of the breed.

::The tribble responded to the praise with a low, sonorous, trilling purr::

Kelsa: oooh, I love its little voice.

::Anseidora nodded, slowly becoming mesmerized::

Dorfmann: Someone took a lot of time and care to breed this tribble. I will have to thank lady Shali when I see her next.

Kelsa: But for now, you should get going! Dinner has already started!

::Anseidora looked up in dismay. She had forgotten about that::

Dorfmann: Oh, my! I should. ::She looked towards Kelsa:: Can you, maybe, thank Lady Shali for me?

Kelsa: Of course, Miss Dorfmann. :She smiled sweetly:: You go eat, and don't worry about a thing.

::Kelsa gathered her things as Anseidora headed back to the main hall. She left the smoke tribble under the warm makeup lights of the vanity.

And in the empty room, the smoke tribble squeaked, rolling off the counter to find a plate of appetizers that someone had thoughtlessly left laying around. It ate. And ate, and ate...

And before you knew it there were 8 tribbles where only one had been before. And all seven baby tribbles dug into the remaining meal with gusto...

~*~
((Main Convention Center - kitchens))
(Time Index: during dinner)

::Kelsa finally caught her quarry while she was coming back from checking on the kitchens, and she smiled widely::

Kelsa: Oh! Lady Shali! I'm sorry to catch you at such a bad time!

Shali: ::Flicking her hand through the air:: Do not worry about it, child. What brings you here?

Kelsa: Miss Dorfmann wanted me to express to you her heartfelt gratitude for the gift you sent!

::Shali paused, quirking her head to the side. She, of course, had presents for all the speakers, but she always gifted those either at the end of the gala or the end of the closing ceremony::

Shali: Gift? I didn't send any gift...

~*~
((Main Convention Center))
(Time Index: after dinner)

::Dessert was still lingering on the tables of slow eaters and a variety of after dinner drinks were being served as the lights lowered and the spotlight came up on Lady Shali. The Denobulan woman started with all the usual announcements and moved into a long list of thank yous before moving to the highlight of the evening: the guest speaker.

Anseidora Dorfmann has excused herself from the table early, heading back to her dressing room to make final preparations for her speech, and leaving those who spoke with her a little confused. She was acting rather... mellow? Depressed? It was hard to tell, especially since no one really knew Dorfmann well enough to gauge it against her 'usual' personality.

Now the whole hall would get to see her, in all her tribble regalia, speaking to the topic so many of them held dear::

Shali: If you could please guve a very warm welcome to the formost tribble breeder in the galaxy... miss Anseidora Dorfmann!

::The applause was thunderous. Even with a few notable exceptions stubbornly refusing to clap, Dorfmann had more than enough fans to compensate.

She drifted out in much the same way she had drifted to the table earlier, except this time she looked even more disconnected and 'out of it' than before. She smiled, a wide beatific smile, and flounced the black stole that was now dotted with smoke grey tribbles.::

Dorfmann: Thank you, thank you! Friends. Breeders. Vendors. Scientists. I want to welcome you all to a fantastic new year. This year will see incredible advances in tribble biology and you, my friends, will be able to see the cutting edge right here on this beautiful Starbase. ::Her voice was dreamy, amplified by the microphones on the podium, but certainly lacking her usual bite and power:: I am so happy to bring you along with me on a voyage of discovery where we can witness the impossible. Tribbles are a seed of the universe - you can learn every truth you need to know about life by studying the simple tribble. And it is this truth that we all seek. ::She took in a deep breath, looking around:: I know you expect me to talk at length about the particulars of tribble breeding, but it really all comes down to talent. Breeding is an art, and you either have what it takes, or you don't ::Did she stare at Malinov's table?:: And for those who don't you can still enjoy the work of breeders. Owning a tribble is like owning an eye of harmony. And eye of perfect, all seeing, fur covered harmony...

::Her voice trailed off as the final sentence of the unusual speech hit dead on arrival.

Anseidora's eyes rolled back in her head, and with a tiny gasp she collapsed at the end of the stage in a dead faint.::

Any: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC1 - reaction times for everyone! I will play off wherever you guys want to take this!
~*~
OOC2 - Cue tribble puns in 3...2...1...

~*~
MSNPC Anseidora Dorfmann
Expert Tribble Breeder
Simmed by: Sal Taybrim

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0