MSNPCs Khota and Ledds - Business Meetings (NT / FAO: Away Team)

Jamie LeBlanc

Sep 17, 2015, 2:00:56 PM9/17/15
to Sb118 Ops

((Miranda VII Spaceport - Civilian level 4A))

::Dakra Ledds was attractive - for a Flaxian. Not that most species considered Flaxians attractive, but if they did Dakra might be a superstar. As it stood, most other species went from the theory that 'all Flaxians looked alike.' Then again to Dakra all Terrans and Vulcanoids looked alike except for some color variations. But even then they all had those same, smooth, bland faces that blended in with the background.

Still, it was exactly the theory that all Flaxians looked alike that had put him in the position to make some major profit.

He was banking on this transaction to ingratiate him into Master Rixx's favor. Drin Jerol had assured him that if he did well at this little chicanery the shadow master of the Syndicate would take it into consideration and he might become a full fledged member.

That was exactly Dakra's end goal. He wanted nothing more than to be able to walk among the common folk while belonging to the most powerful criminal syndicate that wasn't supposed to exist anymore. How he could lord his power over them without them knowing. If he didn't like someone he could make them disappear. If he liked someone he could make good things happen. He could have his pick of wine, women and wanton saturnalia if he could only pass this test.

So while his superior, Drin Jerol, had a meeting with a supplier; Dakra would be assuming Jerol's identity and meeting with a tempestuous Romulan businesswoman by the name of Lhara Kota. He had gleaned from his associates that this Khota was connected to a group of Romulan terrorists - but he knew more dangerous sorts and how to deal with them. Everyone wanted someone and Dakra was quite good at giving them what they wanted for the right price.

What Dakra didn't realize was exactly how much he was being used as a scapegoat. He thought his role taking Jerol's place was one of misdirection. As Khota was presented as a dangerous contact, always having changes in who she contacted kept the whole Syndicate safe. Lots of mostly anonymous contacts each funneling under the same name would muddy the waters if she went looking for blood.

If he knew he was playing bait for Starfleet he might have turned around and went hunting for Drin Jerol himself, to see if he could shove a disruptor where the sun doesn't shine.

But he didn't know. He had no clue that Drin Jerol had hightailed it off Miranda VII two hours ago. At the moment he was relishing his role as the fake Jerol, with all the benefits that came with it.

He was finishing up his last game of dabo while sipping a delicious and expensive drink before he gave his Romulan contact a call.

Ledds-Jerol: =/\= Hey sweetheart. You still making our meeting on time? =/\= ::his voice was like sweet honey dripping down a screen.

Khota: ::Colder than the plains of Andor:: =/\= I am always punctual and I am not your sweetheart. =/\=

Ledds-Jerol: ::Mock hurt:: =/\= Aww, I'm just having a little fun. You know, some levity before the big transaction. =/\=

Khota: =/\= All I require are the goods to be delivered on time and in full. And you will receive your payment. =/\=

Ledds-Jerol: =/\= Sure thing, sure thing. =/\= ::He swirled his drink around in his glass while leaning back in his chair. =/\= I assume you already have the payment transfer ready? =/\=

Khota: ::With a muted snarl:: =/\= Of course it is, Jerol. Do not try me. We settled on a price, I have payment. That is that. =/\=

Ledds-Jerol: =/\= I believe you. =/\= ::purring:: =/\= So, I'll meet you in bay 12? Half past the death knell? =/\=

::Common code prevented him from giving direct information over the commline, just in case someone was listening. Which was exactly why criminals had developed a cant for discussing things cloaked in usual speech for centuries.::

Khota: =/\= As always. =/\=

Ledds-Jerol: =/\= I'll see you then. =/\= ::he drained the last of his drink before cutting the commline. Khota didn't give more than an unimpressed snort, leaving the Flaxian to wonder if she was always such an ice queen, or if there was something that might melt her a little as he gathered his things and prepared to make the deal of a lifetime.::

~*~
tbc...
~*~
OOC - feel free to intercept this message and translate the time and meeting place as you like!
~*~

MSNPCs Lhara Kota and Dakra Ledds
Romulan Terrorist and Criminal
Ralaaram Ocala and Orion Syndicate
Simmed by: Sal Taybrim

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0