Commander Taybrim - The Beachly Ceremony Part 2 (Tags: MANY! | FAO: All!)

Jamie LeBlanc

Jun 11, 2016, 1:31:24 AM6/11/16
to Sb118 Ops
((Flynn's Beach House - Little Risa))

::Sal Taybrim stood on the porch of Antero Flynn's lovely beach house, letting the wind run through his ginger hair and enjoying the warmth of the simulated sun as the crew exchanged welcomes and smiles to newcomers and guests alike.

As the chatter died down once again he smiled gently, ready to get into the meat of the casual ceremony.::

Taybrim: As many of you know we gather after missions to share in company, camaraderie and to recognize the actions of our friends and peers. I feel this is one of the most important parts of my job - the more we connect, communicate and appreciate one another, the more we are able to recognize the strengths in one another and support one another. ::He paused and let an impish grin cross his features:: That and I like calling you guys up here - I really do! ::he waited a bit before he opened the box he had on the porch and settled back:: The first person I want to call up is Ensign Carter Greyson.

Greyson: ?

Taybrim: Ensign Greyson, you were the one who was able to crack the holodeck computer and release the senior staff from Chennel's holodeck game. And you did a great job in removing the tritanium mesh from the area underneath the dungeon. You proved yourself a valuable team member and a team player as well as a capable leader. For these actions I am awarding you the Captain's Commendation. ::he smiled gently, offering the award to Carter.::

Greyson: ?

Taybrim: ::with humor:: Hang on, I'm not done... ::dark eyes sparkling:: Also in recognition of your work this mission, you are promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade, effective immediately. ::A gregarious grin as he pinned the extra pip onto Greyson's collar:: Keep it up and you'll give Chief Peters a run for his Latinum.

Greyson: ?

::He held out a hand and shook Carter's hand warmly, patting the engineer on the back before allowing him to head back to the beach.::

Taybrim: Congratulations, Lieutenant, and thank you for everything you have done for us.

Greyson: ?

::Looking up, Sal settled back, taking out another set of boxes.::

Taybrim: Next up, will Lieutenant Vondaryan please join me? ::he paused, and started speaking as Trellis approached the impromptu stage:: For those of you who don't know, Lieutenant Vondaryan was phased into a anomalous distortion while we were fighting against Chennel's treachery in the holodeck. We were able to quickly released him from this state, but he suffered trauma in the transportation. Despite this Lieutenant Vondaryan did his job from a quarantine room in sickbay; and did all the follow up that ensured that Oma-Saan and Janker were put to justice. For this, I am awarding Trellis with the Purple Heart.

::He offered the award over, with a quiet nod. Vondaryan's service had been exemplary and it was the least he could do when considering the pain the man had gone through.::

Vondaryan: ?

Taybrim: While I recognize Trellis' incredible work, I sincerely hope that I do not have to give out another purple heart any time soon. ::he said with an undercurrent of humor mixed with seriousness. He valued his crew deeply and hated to see them hurt.:: However, I also wish to congratulate Lt Commander Vondaryan for his commitment to duty and excellence in service. His work in intel and with our crew has ensure this StarBase is a much safer place. ::Sal smiled, waiting for Trellis to process what he had just said.::

Vondaryan: ?

::Taking the third pip out and pinning it to Vondaryan's collar.::

Taybrim: Yes, you heard me correctly, Commander. ::A wide and congratulatory smile, he offered a hand and shook Vondaryan's warmly:: It is richly deserved. We are so proud to have you with us, for all that you do.

Vondaryan: ?

::He turned towards the assembled and set his eyes on Trel'lis next.::

Taybrim: Lieutenant Trel'lis, will you please join me? ::again he paused and started speaking while she headed to the porch.:: Lieutenant Trel'lis ventured into the dangers of the Below, and was injured in the line of duty. Yet she still managed to interrogate Janker the criminal and gain valuable information to our investigation. For this I am awarding her the Purple Heart, with special recognition for carrying out her duty despite injury. ::a pause and a smile:: And listening to Doctor Ezo when it counted.

Trel'lis: ?

::offering over the award he smiled, brows creasing together with a mixture of humor and faint sadness.::

Taybrim: I'm serious, this is the last of these that I'm giving out for a long time. ::A gentle smile:: Keep yourself safe.

Trel'lis: ?

::He caught her arm before she could leave and smiled::

Taybrim: I'm not quite done yet. StarBase 118 had gone for too long without a chief diplomatic officer. And in this mission Lieutenant Trel'lis proved time and time again that she has a flexible range of diplomatic skills she can hone to any situation. I am very proud to announce that Lieutenant Trel'lis will be the Chief Diplomatic Officer on Ops, effective immediately. ::He turned to her and offered a warm handshake:: Congratulations, Lieutenant. You have worked very hard to get here and it is both noticed and appreciated.

Trel'lis : ?

::Sal grinned, settling back and looking at the gathered once again. This time his eyes fell upon a team of people.::

Taybrim: Commander Falcon, Lieutenant Flynn, and Ensign Taelon, could you please join me? ::He paused as they arrived:: This team of officers investigated Chennel's activities and ended up rescuing a group of innocent civilians from a terrible ring of humanoid trafficking. They saved dozens of lives through their focus, determined actions and quick thinking. And for this I am awarding all three with the Lifesaving Ribbon.

Flynn/Falcon/Taelon: ?

::He held a hand up, to indicate he wasn't quite done::

Taybrim: And I would like to take a moment and give special recognition to Ensign Taelon, who exemplified the best innovation for a science officer, reworking our scanners to be able to locate the missing people and rescue them. For this fantastic dedication to duty I am awarding Ensign Taelon with the Innovation Ribbon. ::He smiled warmly at the El Aurian, offering the award with a gentle clasped hand.::

Taelon: ?

((OOC: I also want to deeply congratulate TPO Taelon, who is being promoted OOC to Lieutenant JG for great writing and great story work this mission! Taelon has requested this promotion come IC at a later date, so stay tuned for the awesome stories that will prompt this! Congrats again, Taelon!))

::As they headed down from the not-stage, Sal look at his nearly empty box. Only two left, and still so many congratulations to give - even to those who might not have an award pinned to them. Every contribution was precious, from the newest ensign to the highest ranking department head.::

Taybrim: Dr. Ezo, would you please join me? ::He settled back, watching his fellow Betazoid cross the beach:: Dr. Ezo was instrumental in tending both Lieutenant Trel'lis and Commander Vondaryan when they were injured this mission. Through her work and care others were able to do great things and we recognize the support she provided them - and our crew as a whole. For this I am awarding Lieutenant Ezo with the Trauma Support Advocate Ribbon.

Ezo: ?

Taybrim: ::Warmly, as he handed the award over:: Thank you for all you do for us, Doctor. We rest in your very capable hands.

Ezo: ?

::Looking up, his eyes fell on the person who was avoiding the spotlight and trying not to be called up there. Oops, too bad! He was targeted!::

Taybrim: Theo, will you please join me? ::With the gentle look of 'yes, you have to' mingled with his smile.::

Whittaker: ?

Taybrim: Commander Whittaker help lead the team into the Below, where he stood against the dangers and pulled his companions Lieutenant Trel'lis and Lieutenant Beyett out of harm's way. His actions directly saved the lives of the crew under him, and for this Theo Whittaker is awarded the Silver Lifesaving Ribbon.

Whittaker: ?

Taybrim: Congratulations, Theo! ::a soft pause:: and thank you.

Whittaker: ?

Taybrim: ::He smiled gently, before turning to the crowd:: Nothing makes me more proud than to know how much dedication my crew has to saving the lives of one another and of others. And how hard you have all worked to protect this starbase, this sector and a large part of the Federation from criminals like Chennel, warmongers like Haz Arrhimen and terrorist like the Raalaram Ocala. I want you all to know that every time you see the children playing in the park, the students walking to class at the academy and the civilians on this base smiling they do so because of your hard work. May their smiles always warm your hearts, and may we all continue to support one another as we stand here at the edge of the Trinity sector, protecting everything we believe in. ::he paused, taking in a deep breath:: Thank you all, you have all done marvelous work, and I could not think of any better group of people... of friends.. to call my crew. ::he smiled earnestly, speaking with that deeply honest Betazoid bluntness laced with the poetry of inspiration. His crew was the heart of this station and he wanted them to know it.::

Any: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~

Commander Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0