Lt Trellis Vondaryan -- Hear You From the Other Side (Tag: Whittaker/Cain/Tatash/Greyson/Ezo)

Trellis Vondaryan

Apr 23, 2016, 2:17:36 PM4/23/16
to SB118 Ops
((Main Engineering -- Starbase 118))

::To no avail, Trellis was trying to communicate with the group tasked to rescue him. He had tried talking, but no one heard him. He tried touching them, but passed through their bodies. Whatever Sal had 'sensed', it seemed no one else did. Certainly not the Betazoid doctor whom Sal had suggested join the team. That was disconcerting.::

Ezo: ::clearing her throat softly:: Uh... did someone go and misplace a Lieutenant...?

~~ Vondaryan: ::sighing:: Well, you haven't heard a thing I've said for the past few minutes, have you, Doctor? ~~

::Now that she was somewhat aware of the situation, he tried contacting her again. He tapped her on the shoulder, but as before his hand moved through it. Maybe she would sense that.

::He thought he saw her stiffen slightly. Though he may have only been hoping it were true.::

Whittaker: Lieutenant Vondaryan didn't materialise with the rest of us when the holodeck program ended. ::beat:: The computer stated that he was in Holodeck 7 with us and their have been no malfunction or intrusion in to the biosign scanners. ::motioning to Tatash:: The Major was just showing off his impressive knowledge of theoretical physics.

Greyson: I seem to recall an event aboard the USS Dunbar involving Lt. Peters, where he was pulled into another... um.. time phase, concurrent with the phenomenon they were investigating. It had something to do with the Prometheus project, but beyond that I'm not 100% sure how he got back.

::Trellis didn't think he was out of tune with the time phase. And he hadn't had anything to do with the Prometheus project. There had to be a different solution.

::He went round tapping everyone on the shoulder or various parts of their bodies -- hands, chest, legs. He didn't try for the head in the off chance he caused them physical discomfort or worse. None were giving him the same reaction as Mirra; and he wasn't even sure she had given a response.::

Whittaker: Ensign, call up the transporter logs and see if there were unusual energy spikes or other such phenomena that could attribute to the current situation.

Ezo: ::quietly:: Where does the computer say Lieutenant Vondaryan is now...? Are we sure he's still on the Holodeck?

~~ Vondaryan: I'm sure I'm not on the holodeck, yes. Whether the computer is sure... I hope you can find out. ~~

Cain/Tatash: Response?

Greyson: I'm not finding anything in the transporter logs. Would flooding the holodeck with tachiyon particles help? I remember an officer's log from the Enterprise that both LaForge and Ro got stuck in... some sort of phase where nobody could hear or see them because of a new cloaking technology they found.

~~ Vondaryan: Probably not anymore, Ensign, as I'm not on the holodeck. ::sighing:: But you don't know that now, do you?... ~~

Whittaker: ::to Greyson:: See if you can find this Enterprise officer's log. Mr. Cain -- I'd like you to assist him and work on a way to adapt and deploy this technique if we need to.

Greyson: On it, sir.

Cain: Response?

::He was growing frustrated with the lack of response. They were all talking about him as if he weren't there. Which, he considered, from there perspective he wasn't. He saw that Mirra wasn't participating in conversation. He looked at her, head tilted. Maybe theoretical physics and quantum realities weren't subjects she enjoyed. There probably wasn't much call to know them in medicine, after all...

So, since there was nothing he could do to influence their talking, he might as well make the best of a bad situation. He tilted his head as a new idea came to him. He smiled. He was still a spy, after all.::

~~ Vondaryan: I'm going to see what Oma-Saan is up to. Maybe I can use this invisibility... or whatever... to good use. Try keeping tabs on me through my comm badge. Who knows if that will help. ~~

::He turned, heading toward the exit. There was bound to be a turbolift heading to the promenade somewhere around here.::

Ezo: ::loudly:: Wait! Don't go to Oma-Saan yet!

Any: Response?

::He stiffened and stopped in his tracks. He turned back to face her.::

~~ Vondaryan: What? Why? ::he hurried toward her, eyes widening in surprise:: Wait... Can -- can you see me, Doctor? ~~

Ezo: ::glancing around:: No, I can hear you! I uh... just had to listen... harder.

Whittaker/Cain/Tatash/Greyson: Response?

::He tried stifling a laugh, but chuckled despite himself. He wondered if everyone would be able to sense him if they only 'listened harder'. How did she do that, anyway? Well, a question for another day.::

~~ Vondaryan: I, uh, I'm not sure what you mean by that... ::he shook his head:: But you can hear me? That's excellent. ~~

::His attention had been focused on Mirra, since she had spoken to him. Or at him. Shouted in his general direction. Whatever. He finally looked to the rest of the group. He saw the looks of confusion on their faces. They likely thought her mad. Or, maybe not, since Sal had recommended she join the team for just this purpose.::

Ezo: ::clearing her throat awkwardly:: I uh... found him... sort of.

~~ Vondaryan: Yes, you have. Sort of. ::smiling:: Now that you know where I am, what can we do to get me back? ~~

Whittaker/Cain/Tatash/Greyson/Ezo: Response?

~~ Vondaryan: ::he frowned:: I know quite a bit about starship engineering, but phased... or quantum realities... or whatever this is, isn't my speciality. ~~

Whittaker/Cain/Tatash/Greyson/Ezo: Response?

~~ Vondaryan: Can the computer track my comm badge? I was hoping to get to the promenade, if possible. We still have criminals to catch. It would be nice if I could gather intel on them. But I don't want to disappear without you having any way of tracking me. ~~

Whittaker/Cain/Tatash/Greyson/Ezo: Response?

~~ Vondaryan: Interesting. ::he tilted his head:: Go on. ~~

Whittaker/Cain/Tatash/Greyson/Ezo: Response?

tbc/tag

--
Lieutenant Trellis Vondaryan
Chief of Intelligence