Captain Taybrim - Prepare for the Worst (tags: Bridge/FAO: All)

Jamie LeBlanc

Aug 28, 2016, 1:42:30 AM8/28/16
to Sb118 Ops
((Ready Room - USS Albion))
(Time index: about 10 minutes after everyone has gathered on the bridge; about 30 minutes from rendezvous)

::Sal hoped this conversation would be quick. He didn't want to be locked away in here, separated from a crew that was readying for battle.

He also hoped that L'Trena would be reasonable and willing to work with the strategies the Albion and the Klingons were working out.

The commline snapped open to the Avalon's far more expansive ready room. A calm green-skinned Troyan with vivid blond hair snapped into view.::

Taybrim: =/\= Captain L'Trena, we are just over a half hour from the rendezvous. I wanted to contact you to discuss strategy.=/\=

::L'Trena cleared his throat. He was not an arrogant man by nature, and his soft voice carried an air of apology as if he was saying 'well, I'm just following orders.'::

L'Trena: =/\= We have picked up some strange radiation emissions coming from the Jenatris Cloud, nearest to the Klingon border. I have launched four fighters to investigate while we maintain position at the rendezvous location. =/\=

::Sal's brows flared upwards, as he leaned forward trying to contain his outrage::

Taybrim: =/\= You were supposed to maintain a position under cover of the gamma-sixteen debris field. Launching fighters could tip Arrhimen off to our arrival! =/\=

::The element of surprise was crucial to the success of most of their plans. If Arrhimen located the Avalon and got in the first hit, it was likely the carrier would crack like an egg. She might spill a deadly yolk of fighters out from her belly, but it would take out one of three starships from the fight.::

L'Trena: ::unconcerned:: =/\= It is merely a reconnaissance mission. Commodore Kinney approved the order.=/\= ::If it was good enough for Kinney, it was good enough for L'Trena. The Troyan had no concept of how much danger he and his ship could be in.::

::Sal's jaw dropped fractionally. Mentally it felt like it landed on the floor and he had to pick it up with a shovel.::

Taybrim: =/\=L'Trena, if that disturbance is Arrhimen you realize that at maximum warp he'll reach your position before we do?=/\=

L'Trena: ::He waved a hand in the air, dismissing the notion.:: =/\= Captain Taybrim, my fighters will alert me of any danger long before it could possibly happen. =/\=

Taybrim: =/\= Signals get scrambled in the Jenatris Cloud ... it's dangerous. You should move the rendezvous up and head towards our position.=/\=

L'Trena: =/\= You worry too much, Captain. That cannot be good for your blood pressure. =/\=

::Since when was L'Trena a doctor? Sal's dark eyes widened and then narrowed.::

Taybrim: =/\=I'll keep a scan on your ship. You keep an eye on that disturbance. If it starts coming towards you - you need to run.=/\=

L'Trena: ::placating:: =/\= I'm sure I can make that decision when the time comes.=/\=

Taybrim: =/\= Please make sure you do. Taybrim out.=/\=

::he stopped and stood still for a few moments, trying to let his anger wash out of him before he moved purposefully onto the bridge.

He pulled up a reference on the 'disturbance' coordinates that L'Trena sent him and forwarded them to Kelly and Flynn's consoles.::

Taybrim: So, Captain L'Trena picked up a disturbance in the Jenatris cloud. Flynn, Kelly - I sent you the coordinates of the location he was scanning. ::he paused and let everyone digest that before he added:: L'Trena then decided to poke the proverbial bees nest and send a trio of fighters to go investigate.

Flynn/Kelly/Bridge: ?

Taybrim: Flynn, if the Sienov was running at maximum warp, how long would it take for them to travel the distance between the disturbance coordinates and the rendezvous point?

Flynn: ?

::That was not good. That was clearly at least two minutes before the Albion or the S'Tarahk could reach the rendezvous point within weapons range.

And two minutes of a D'Deridex warbird versus a Cutlass class starship meant two minutes of pain, explosions and death - even with several dozen small fighters at her command.::

Taybrim: Take the ship to yellow alert. Flynn, push us as fast as we can to get to the rendezvous sooner. Uzalla, share this information with the S'Tarahk. ::he paused:: I'm going to assume the worst and assume that L'Trena has picked up the Sienov and alerted it to the Avalon's presence.

Flynn/Bridge: ?

Taybrim: Well, if there is any bright side in this - should the Seinov attack, we will know Arrhimen's been pushing the ship at maximum warp; so let's prepare to use that exploit.

Bridge: ?

Taybrim: Taelon, Tatash, we'll be coming in hot and fast and we can get one good shot from your ... what did you call it? Glass canon?

Taelon/Tatash/Beyett/Bridge: ?

Taybrim: Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Let's get ready to roll...

Bridge: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC - Erin, if you wanted to have Zinna come talk to Sal, we'll put that just before this commline conversation in the timeline :)
~*~

Captain Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 Ops/USS Albion

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0